Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Kanon stop bullying me, I’m sorry, OK. Whaddaya want me to do, just remove all these posts and the picture and just pretend it never happen?

I will bully ALL THE Kazas.

1 Like

Im pretty late to the whole discussing theme, but as from I read I think that she is not really a human herself but some minor planet i guess?
Yet so I think she is like a body version of the planet or w/e she is, that is connected to the “human” side - which will be held in school (I suppose). And that one guy that was shown in the trailer, is imo the only one who can see her. And so I think the story will be something like… that once he figures out how she is in that human form, he will be brought to her world somehow? I dont know if that makes any sense, but thats just what I think.
Its a mere speculation on something so little so its not perfect or anything. But as soon as I read about her that came up in my mind.

1 Like

It’s quite possible she’s just really into space and everyone is overanalysing.

4 Likes

My lousy translation:
"When the boy and girl(this part can almost be read as lonely boy and lonely girl) finally meet their cruel fate begins to turn.

“promise you’ll come back home.” "
If I’m off feel free to correct me.

So anyways, this appears to be a warning from Charlotte’s parent that it’s not a good idea to stick with a dangerous man. After all, why stick with a man who is going to be hunting vampires. The Lonely Boy and Girl can also refer to Johnathan meeting Brauners daughters.
PORTRAIT OF RUIN ADAPTION CONFIRMED

I’m speculating that the boy is either a spaceman or an alien of some sort. Maybe even a spirit or god. The “Promise you’ll come back home” part and the camera recording space leads me to believe that the male has something to do with the celestial sky. The girl herself is actually completely normal, and this may be an exploration into the psyche of women whose love leave for years at a time. If so this story may follow the two as they’re growing up and even old.

I have a friend who could analyze the scales used in the music to determine the mood they’re supposed to be setting.

2 Likes

That would make my day… for like the millionth time today.

Here’s what I think

The boy likes to record stuff, and one day, while recording or something, he listens to a voice. Since he knows a lot about cameras, he glitches it and after a few days he now can see the source of that voice, which is that girl. She lives/is caught in a parallel universe/planet where you can’t see beyond the stars, which could be Charlotte (kind of reminds of Moon Kagari and Ushio’s universe). I’m stating this considering that the camera is not facing the girl and still is showing the space behind her.

Both characters make contact through the camera and then happens all the love stuff. Then comes the plot twist and something happens to the girl. The boy then makes the impossible to come to her but it’s too late. Then comes another philosophical, multiple universe, mind fuck plot twist and a pseudo happy ending with her coming to the real world.

1 Like

… An ear? That’s how I do it. Does technology have a replacement for ears now!? Emotional recognition is becoming more and more void.

1 Like

If it will be fantasy, so I think the boy will be the non-human existence and the girl will be normal.

Why? Because to this picture:

She has the camera in her hand, so she is the one who uses it. I don’t think a ghost or other existence uses a camera for recording herself.

But I think both of them could be human too.

4 Likes

Nice catch on the girl being the one with the camera, that nails down one thing at least.

And I thought it has something to do with a [Japanese band with the same name][1]…
Maeda is a die-hard music enthusiast, and previously he named a project with an Irish band name, so I thought maybe this one too…
Or maybe this song by [Air Traffic][2]? Not to mention, the band next song after “Charlotte” is “Shooting Star” But maybe they’re not related at all…

The one about 543 Charlotte is pretty interesting too. Although, there are a lot of minor planet orbiting the sun, so why must it be Charlotte?
[1]: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlotte_(band)
[2]: http://www.metrolyrics.com/charlotte-lyrics-air-traffic.html

1 Like

@Essy as much as I would love it to be about the story of a girl yearning for her love to return, I think the whole point of us thinking there was something supernatural with the girl was specifically because of the camera pointing at her and showing stars.
But hey, it could all be a red herring, and they’re both human and really love stars, re @Kanon

@DaiVel I don’t think that makes much of a difference? We’ve already had “ghosts” before eating Taiyaki so I wouldn’t consider that being impossible for a ghost.

But hey, the fact that she is the one recording may mean that she is the one lookin at the stars. For what reason? Welll… That’s up for debate

I was qctually thinking about this last night before sleeping. What do you think her personality is like? From the art of her, she seems to be a very stoic-looking girl so far.

Uwah. I like this one.
Also it furthers belief of this being tied to Angel Beats~ huehuehue

1 Like

If my dreams came true, this’d be a Kino no Tabi-esque anime about a girl traveling to different planets and filming life there. I don’t think this’ll actually happen though.

I think it’ll be like Saya’s. Serious at times, but cheerful usually.

I was actually just joking when I looked that thing up on Wikipedia. It would be a stretch if it was related.

1 Like

@Bizkitdoh I think the speculation about being related to the song, or the band, was stretching it too far on my own. But I just can’t help to think so because Maeda purchases so many music CDs every month.

By the way, Charlotte is also the name of a certain type of cake.
And, I don’t know where did the people from UrbanDictionary get this, but apparently Charlotte is the type of girl who is beautiful inside and out.

1 Like

Did you know? Charlotte is also a girls name.

4 Likes

That’s why I love it hahaha

Since Key loves using vague meanings or vague words in general, maybe we should look at the meaning of the name too. They probably choose Charlotte for a reason other than it just sounds cool and exotic… (maybe?)

The name Charlotte is a feminine form of Charles which mean free man, so could the story have something to do with trying to be free of something? This wouldn’t be the first time that Key has tackled this issue.

Heck what do I know? It just might be that they chose the name cause it’s set in North Carolina or it’s about desserts ( =①ω①=)

3 Likes

Maeda was having a Charlotte cake while speaking with his Aniplex homie.

4 Likes