Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Key has money. P.A. Works too. I doubt it’ll be 3 cours because it’s too risky for an original anime, but there’s still the possibility.

That possibility is a joke. 3 course is a joke for Charlotte. When people do anime originals, especially Key, the story is always only 1 course through 2 courses.

1 Like

You can’t say always when Key has done just one original anime.

Exactly. They’re not gonna take the chance of 3 course if that wasn’t obvious enough.

That’s actually a decent point you’re making there. Just because they are characters with backstories doesn’t mean their backstories matter much; unlike Angel Beats where it kind of did matter (plus all the unanswered questions), because the backstory of all the side characters directly contribute to the story as a whole.

I think it’ll all have to go into what they plan to explore in the anime. If they try to unravel the secret to their powers and find out that it has something to do with each individual with powers, that would just be asking for more development of side characters. But if they keep it simple, then they wouldn’t be obliged to.

Pretty soon I’m gonna have to start ranting about people talking about cour length :stuck_out_tongue: It’s something that comes up again and again and again and I feel it has no contribution to discussion. Since it’ll only be a month until it airs, I would suggest we stop thinking about cour length, wait for them to actually announce it, and try to figure out a suitable story based on what they announce.

Of course, if you want to continue discussing that, I can’t stop you

2 Likes

So according to mbs’s description ,Charlotte will start broadcasting on July 4th.

2 Likes

Aw thanks! I was waiting around for somebody to finally announce a date. So if crunchyroll does a simulcast it should be out on sunday morning japan time; saturday night USA time… Hmmmm~

Article up! http://kazamatsuri.org/charlotte-broadcast-date-announced/

Charlotte as my new Sunday Morning Breakfast Anime doesn’t sound too bad, One Piece has been kindof a downer lately

Crunchyroll seems to actually upload quite a few hours later. Nisekoi: for example I think is like 4 hours later, I’d assume it will air Sunday morning here.

I’m just glad it doesn’t air Friday as I already have a ton of stuff on Friday (I think 3 or 4).

Sorry to bring this up again but:

By PA Works. Set to release in 2016.

So… I guess Charlotte has more chance of being longer than 1 cour now.

Does that really affect it though? I have no idea how big P.A. Works is or how long it takes them to work on something. What was their last anime before Charlotte and how long before, how many hours? Same with the one before. If they only do one or two a year no matter how long those are I don’t see how an anime airing potentially in January would affect Charlotte.

They haven’t announced anything in the middle. But you could also be right, Fall can have no PA anime airing…

It kinda has an affect. P.A. Works isn’t a big company. It’s been 7 months since the announcement of Charlotte. I’m pretty sure a 2 course would fit it. And, P.A. Works has a 1-4 month in between each anime (excluding those 7 minute episode series). Basically. It’s most likely going to be 2 course. I could see it being 1 course though a lot of things point to Charlotte being a 2 course.

What I meant was there’s a big difference between if Haruchika is set to air January 2016 and October 2016. If it airs in Jan and Charlotte is 2 cour (July to December) they have the two air right next to each other, if it airs in October and Charlotte is 2 cour there’s quite a gap which is why I asked how long P.A. Works normally has in between projects and if that gap changes depending on how long the anime they last made was.

I’ve looked at their anime and it’s 1-4 months per anime (if you start with Red data girl and exclude the Koitabi show since it’s only 7 minutes per episode). The months in between shows doesn’t seem to matter I’ve been looking, and it seems that it takes 3 months to produce a 13 episode anime and 1 month to produce a 24+ episode anime (don’t ask me, it just says that) for P.A. Works, so it might be 1 course since their last show Shorobako ended in March.

Nooo I wanted to watch fireworks… But I want to watch this ahhhh the agony!

SPOILER ! AYUMI (Yu’s little sister) FROM CHARLOTTE, DIES !! Lol, or else, this is where Na-Ga got his creation for Ayumi in “Charlotte.”

4 Likes

Sohohooooo~ What do you guys all think about the new stuff unveiled?

I, for one, am super hype about it!

Firstly, the Key Visual… Is that a hospital? Or some containment facility? It seems to heavily imply that the two in that visual are planning some sort of escape. The feeling I got is that it either happens before the story, and will show the truth about how those with powers are treated, or happens in the middle of the story, where (most likely) Yuu and Nao will be abducted and will have to plan their escape somehow.

As for the PV, it seems to also heavily imply that the student council doesn’t just monitor and help control the powers of other students. Rather, it seems that they help them escape from danger, as was what happened with the long-haired girl. Quite interesting, and it really does somehow feel like something out of a superhero comic book.

1 Like

https://www.facebook.com/kazamatsuriorg/videos/vb.612635788820909/883081578442994/ Here’s a recording of the EP1 preview.

What I’ve pieced together so far…

• Long haired girl is our ‘character of the day’.
  • She is almost killed by an out-of-control car.
  • Something (most likely a superpower) saves her from harm. (You can see the shock/relief in the red-haired girl’s face)
3 Likes