Charlotte New Key Visual and Episode 1 Preview Unveiled

Just a few minutes ago, Key held their Staff Talk Event in Osaka. Since this was a talk show, naturally, the staff held a lot of discussion, especially about the production of the upcoming Angel Beats! -1st beat- VN and Charlotte Anime. Along with all the talking, however, Key has

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/charlotte-new-pv-unveiled/

“TV animation “Charlotte” the latest key visual published. Atmosphere is completely different, with the two visuals suggesting story.”

1 Like

Looking at the new key visual more closely, and it seems that both of the characters are male in that picture. The one crouching down has yellow eyes, which is very reminiscent of how Yuu’s eyes glow yellow everytime his power activates…

But who is the one standing up, I wonder… Joujirou?

Yeah, okay, at this point, I am 90% sure the one crouching down is indeed Yuu. No idea about the guy standing up

I would guess that you’re right about this, but Im certain we havent seen the guy standing up before. The lighting is weird so I cant tell for sure, but to me it looks like he has silver-ish hair. Also, his hair and face shape looks nothing like the other characters we’ve seen before.

My first impression was that he’s Yuu. Has the same hair.

The second visual kinda gave me feeling that Yuu was a lab rat. Reminds me of Terror in Resonance.
And we don’t know who’s that guy with silver-ish hair.

Speaking of lab rat, could he possibly be… (PUNCH LINE spoiler)

Pine? Pine’s body? Yuu in Pine’s body?? Some body-swapping things again? Since it’s a supernatural world we’re talking about, plus Yuu’s ability is to possess other’s body… It’s… possible!

2 Likes

AND AS I JUST TOLD YOU LITERALLY SECONDS AGO: YOU CANNNOT GO AROUND REFERENCING OTHER SERIES WITHOUT USING SPOILER TAGS, WETHER ITS KEY OR NOT KEY. Please respect other people who may or may or may not have seen that show or read that VN or whatever. Remove or tag that immediately.

1 Like

For the second picture, it seems that those 2 humans/creatures have the same accessory on their left arm (we see it as right).

Haha well, really, at this point, anything is possible. It’s possible that Yuu was a “lab rat” who escaped. However, my thoughts are leaning more towards it being something that happens during the series which significantly changes Yuu as a character. Check my thoughts on the pre-release speculation topic :wink: