Charlotte - Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Right. I knew Rita voiced A-chan senpai, but I thought Rita only do little voice lines. Then I look up on the Japanese wikipedia page, and apparently she actually did a lot of roles for visual novels.

But there’s a good chance they’ll hire voice actor who is currently popular (like casting HanaKana for Kanade, Kamiya for Otonashi back then for Angel Beats!)
So I’m gonna say… Sora Amamiya and Hanae Natsuki.

2 Likes

More infos are out ~

2 Likes

Oooooh this is pretty sweet info!

Apparently these guys have superpowers.
Yu’s power is that he can occupy other people’s bodies… for a total of 5 seconds. (Which explains how he gets such good scores in exams.)

Nao’s power is that she can remove herself from your field of vision (think Kido’s power in Kagerou Project)… but it only works for one person at a time

3rd character, I’m not sure about the Kanji, but it might be Takajo Takeshiro can teleport… It’s explained that it’s technically very high-speed movement and he can’t really choose where to stop

4th character, Nishimori Yusa has necromancy. She can channel the soul of her late older sister but… can’t really control when it happens. (So it’s really more like her older sister is controlling her :P)

All of their powers seem to have certain conditions attached to them… Which I can imagine will lead to comedic results.

Aaand for information about the bands~
The first band is called “ZHIEND”, and the vocalist is a girl named “Sarah” who is part of a foreign postrock band (I don’t know if this refers to the seiyuu or the character). Lyrics are ALL IN ENGLISH! And the lyrics are written by Maeda himself (which we learned about in the last interview)

Second band is called “How-Low-Hello” (ハロハロ) and both lyrics and composition are by Maeda. The vocalist of the band is apparently the 4th character (necromancy girl), and her seiyuu will also do the singing.

WELL WELL WELL this is really interesting stuff right here. English vocals, would you look at that. And since the name of the vocalist is Sara, it might not even be Engrish. Still no reveal as to who the seiyuu’s are, unfortunately :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, they never stated, but I am suspecting this info is from the March issue of Dengeki G’s. The march issue supposedly comes out on the 30th, so they probably got an advance copy or something

7 Likes

It is,there will also be visuals for the new characters,now just have to wait for the scans…

1 Like

Is this site a legit source…? I want to make an article here but I’m a bit weary, what with no scans or anything.

There’s definitely a possibility that it isn’t authentic, much like any information on the Internet. But even if we had scans we still wouldn’t be able to verify the validity of the text xP Much like was the situation with the past Dengeki G’s magazine. We have pics of the article, sure, but we can’t really read it, so we don’t know if the 2chan post that summarized the info is telling the truth.

This website is at least more reliable than 2chan since it isn’t just a place for people to post things anonymously

Well Yaraon also posted it if you want a more legit site.
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-29805.html

1 Like

I HAVE REASON TO BELIEVE THIS SOURCE IS LEGITIMATE.
Article incoming.

Thanks to the new pic added to the site (and google translate via camera) I finally understand that part that I didn’t understand. It’s basically saying that Nishimori Yusa’s (that’s the right pronunciation) condition to her necromancy power is that she can only summon her late older sister… and cannot really choose the time when she summons her.

So it’s more like her onee-san is taking over Yuki’s body as she pleases :stuck_out_tongue:

And she looks like an orange-haired Kudo~ I can smell the fanboys already :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Best girl and it hasn’t even aired. Now we just need Naomi to come back and voice her!

2 Likes

I’ve heard Naomi sing as Kud and I didn’t quite enjoy it >_>

Well, she does voice an IM@S character, so hey, why not

Cheerful mode is normal? Bossy red-eyed mode is Onee-san?

So it’s similar to the twins in Trinity Seven.

Pretty sure that says Yusa, not Yuki.

Yup, based Key recycling character names again. Yippee.

I just realized…

Yeah, this fits in extremely well with her power!

You are exactly right, and my eyesight seems to have put an extra line in that hiragana >_< perhaps I need to start wearing glasses… Anyways thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

So in those images, she’s either hiding from our field of vision, or she just doesn’t show up on camera. Must be incredibly stressful, thinking that one day you might just vanish. Especially as a self-conscious teen.

3 Likes

A tad bit more infos about characters,probably gather from the interview.
「乙坂有宇」
・物語の開始時点ではKey史上最高にゲスい主人公

「友利奈緒」
・「ZHIEND(ジエンド)のファン
・ハンディカムは生徒会の活動(能力者の取り締まり)に使用

「高城丈士朗」
・テレポートによるケガを経験するために身体を鍛えており、制服の下にはプロテクターをつけている
・柚咲の大ファンで性格的にはABの高松とほぼ同じ

「西森柚咲」
・亡き姉の霊を憑依させると面影がガラリと変わる
・現役のアイドルでティーン向けの雑誌などをしている

And more

・4人とも生徒会所属
・能力者モノだけど能力バトルモノではない
・特殊能力は「思春期を迎えた少年少女のごく一部」にのみ発症
・友利たちが通う星ノ海学園は能力者に理解がある特殊な学校
・生徒会は「能力を使って、他の能力者たちが起こしている問題や事件を解決する」
・乙坂は特殊能力を使って優等生の体を乗っ取りテストの答えを暗記(カンニング)ばかりしてる
・高城丈士朗は『AB!』の高松とほぼいっしょ
・Key作品の定番お遊びキャラ・斉藤(新しい斉藤)は今回も登場する

1 Like

Oh god, that’s right. Nao-Nao is a sort of narcissist, according to previous interviews. That must be why.

She’s scared about losing herself, so instead she obsesses over herself? Or something like that~ :stuck_out_tongue:

“高城丈士朗”
Can anyone take a stab at what this name is? No kana makes brain hurt with names.

Or, nobody notices her, and she isn’t sure why, so she both does it herself and hopes for attention as well due to the rarity of it.