Charlotte - General Discussion

Too bad deathflag-kun isn’t even part of Charlotte.

Who’s deathflag-kun?

I have no idea, Peeps is clearly making things up to hid his rage over not being the one to figure this out.

My only problem with this is Yusa’s power. There isn’t even a power in the OP that begins with E.

I don’t know about this. Yusa and Misa’s powers were never referred by those names (at least not in my subs). There’s also a missing character. The guy who can go through walls has just as much importance as Medoki or Maedomori.

I was thinking the Yusa/Misa thing but I’m not sure if they were ever referred to that way in Japanese either. I thought when first reading this it was going to be some group or plan called Charlotte aiming to save power users and walkthrough walls guy wasn’t there for whatever reason. There’s problems with that though.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but people have theorized that Charlotte might be the name of that comet Ayumi was looking at in one of the early episodes (not sure which one). It seemed like it might be significant to the plot somehow…

If that acrostic is legit… Then it skipped Shichiro.
He is part of Shunsuke’s syndicate, so I’d call this off as just a strange theory.

Shichiro is actually the villain.

That’s why he’s not part of team Charlotte.
Duh.

Why didn’t I think of that! Damn that’s a no brainer

You guys should listen to the podcast :stuck_out_tongue: Deathflag-kun is Shinichiro, the blond guy with the Phasing ability. But yeah other people noticed it already so…

Soooo have anyone here seen the ep 11 preview?

serious shit is happening man… I hope this time the deaths are permanent.
And people are in serious denial regarding this preview… Good job Maeda.

And back to the Bravely You song digest! Now that the full lyrics are available and we’re only 3 episodes short to the end, I’m positive that this song is about Yuu. What makes me really curious is this line:

私が信じた人は そんな人だっけと
声がしたんだ
まるで人ごとのように 聞こえたから
むしろ躍起になっていく
I heard a voice
Asking me “Was the person I believed in really someone like that?”
I heard it as if they were speaking about someone else
Or, rather, out of desperation

Wondered who was that about? Will there be betrayal?

1 Like

Saw it. Don’t remember much, but I do remember one thing. AHHHHHH!!! AHHHH!!! AHHHHHHH!!!

1 Like

That’s all I remember too.
As long as the YuuxNao ship sets sail, I’m fine with anything. Even if it ends up going epilogue Angel Beats style.

I would like YuuxNao to set sail, but I have my doubts it will actually happen :confused:
What is Angel Beats! epilogue style?

I can’t really explain it, but here’s the video: https://youtu.be/ns1P9JG08XM?t=2m35s

There’s this other Bravely You translation from Atashi though: link

Definitely Yuu here and it speaks so much about him and his feelings for Nao, I think?

The crumbling world could be (ep11 spoilers): the comet arriving, spreading this ‘disease’

I have this weird feeling that Yuu will achieve God status and he shall plunder the comet to save everyone from this terrible diesease. He’ll turn into a fucking star and Nao will always be able to see him in the sky

1 Like

That’s just sound like a poor parody of a certain magical girl anime from 2011…

1 Like

I’ll make a speculation in regards to how Charlotte might end. It’s just a theory and I might be completely off, but if not… click the spoilers at your own risk.

The conclusion of Charlotte (speculation)

As I pointed out in the ep 11 topic, spreading the vaccine doesn’t make superpowers disappear, thus the main conflict of the series remains unresolved. Until all superpowers disappear (which would happen when every last power user’s puberty ends), grown-ups all over the world will keep hunting and abusing said power users. As a rough estimate, the conflict will continue for about 5 more years unless Shun’s scientist team develops a power-erasing serum in a shorter amount of time. But judging from how the matter was presented in episode 11, it will take several years for them to accomplish that, if at all.
I highly doubt the last two episodes will be about Yuu and Shunsuke fighting off attackers for years. In the first place, considering how cruel and well-prepared the villains of episode 11 were, they probably won’t last that long against similar foes.

So if spreading the vaccine (or destroying the comet) can’t be the finale, how will it end? I only see two possibilities.
The first one is very simple: Regardless of whether or not they can spread the vaccine, Shunsuke’s group will be destroyed, some get captured, some go into hiding. Bad end.
But that would be pretty meaningless.
Now here’s what I think how Charlotte will be concluded: In order to end the conflict for good, all superpowers have to disappear. Therefore, Yuu will somehow use his Plunder ability globally. He will take controll of every human, teenager or at least every power user at the same time, stealing everyone’s superpowers, thus ending the conflict.

As to how exactly that would be made possible, I don’t know. At the very least, I’m sure the means for such a feat have yet to be presented in the series.
Anyway, that was my theory.

1 Like

Honestly I can see either that or something really stupid like “HEY GUYS! Loot/Plunder/whatever is most OP power and we somehow found out if Yuu dies all the powers go away so we gotta kill Yuu rip oh my feels!”