Charlotte - General Discussion

Yeah, I thought the Jesus-ey thing might happen. Make Yuu harbour the burdens of the world.
He could do it globally, or he could go back in time and remove powers as they appear using Pooh’s power.

Alternatively, he could plunder Charlotte and grab up all the particles. Or he could fly up there and mess with it.

How would he Plunder Charlotte though? It’s 11 years after it’s cycle of passing the planet.
It’s long gone now… I think? Or… maybe they’ll discover something.

Probably something stupid like using Sky high Saito’s power can somehow get him in space and one of the randos he plundered happened to have ability to hold their breath forever or something

1 Like

I F O N L Y
H E C O U L D
G O B A C K I N T I M E

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Really is it only me who, even when the end of the series is nigh, is still profoundly bugged by how did the archery guy in episode 2 print the mental photos?

1 Like

That’s pretty interesting! While, true, you might be off, I personally wouldn’t mind that sort of ending :wink:

Yeah, like what I said… A poor parody of a certain 2011 Magical Girl anime…

or he could plunder Takajou’s super teleportation abilities and zip through the comet.

I think it highly that Yuu will sacrifice himself in the end by plundering the comet. It makes sense, looking at where his character is building up from a selfish guy to a selfess person But, will destroying the comet save everyone though? Is it even possible?

I’m going to make a list of unanswered questions I still have watching this series! It’ll be interesting to see how many of them will have conceivable answers by the end.

• What happened in Sala’s past? Why did she have to sacrifice her eyesight to God?
  • Who was the woman at Ayumi’s funeral? Probably their mother, or aunt?
  • Why did Yuu have a ‘dream’ of events that happened in a different timeline after listening to Trigger at the ZHIEND concert?
  • How did Dr. Tsutsumiuchi know about Yuu’s plunder ability when nobody else in the facility seemed to? Sans Pooh and friends.
  • Who were Rika and Yuriko, and what had Nao done to them that made that mob of girls want to beat her up? - @Rincchi

Feel free to suggest additions to this list. I may or may not add them at my own discretion~

1 Like

Who were Rika and Yuriko, and what had Nao done to them that made that mob of girls want to beat her up?

2 Likes

Oh yes, that’s a good one.

Why was Nao able to get Joujirou’s parents out of the house in episode 7?
Did Yuu happen to get any other powers when he thought he had possession?

You got pretty much everything I had already.

I thought about those, but for the first one, I just didn’t consider it important enough to put on there. It’s not really an unanswered question, more an oddity. The second is like, not really a question the story poses, but a proposition without any evidence from the story to support it. Yet.

Well, have we EVER seen any parents in Charlotte, apart from Nao’s mother (who sold her children out) in her flashback? I mean, there’s that one woman…

…but we know nothing about her. If she’s not the Otosaka mother, then we haven’t seen any Otosaka parents either.
Shunsuke’s group seems to have a no-family rule.

There’s some kind of connection there.

Seeing it in a darker perspective, Charlotte may have some kind of “Grown-ups are the enemy” position. I mean, the only grown-up character I remember taking the power users’ side is Dr. Tsutsumiuchi, and even he worked for the enemy in an alternate timeline. (There’s the guards at the entrance of the Hoshiumi dorm, but…)

And while we’re asking questions here,
who sent the men in suits to Yuu’s apartment in ep7?
It’s gotta be Shunsuke or someone from his group, right? I doubt those men would’ve been able to enter the dorm otherwise. I guess the same goes for Shirayanagi.

While I agree this would be interesting, I am oddly satisfied with the way Sala was used. Almost as a foreshadowing for Shunsuke and to show that other people have been affected by powers in a similar way. I bet you @Bizkitdoh would also argue that she was also an integral part of the Yuu/Nao development that is essential to episode 11.

[quote=“Naoki_Saten, post:261, topic:1313”]
Well, have we EVER seen any parents in Charlotte
[/quote]Unfortunately, we’re kinda used to that in anime. Although Im wondering if not only the lack of parents but the way that they all seem to be on bad terms with their parents is lending itself toward a theme that we might see come full circle in the last 2 episodes…

Who’d she call then? That made me assume she was calling his parents to leave the house .

She time leaped, Yuu will plunder it next episode and travel back in time because her time leap doesn’t require two eyes.

The mother is alive, and also a terrible person. That woman didn’t seem interested so hey it’s probably mom.

Because Anime.

Because he’s a time leaping Yuu.

“Wait what do you mean I’ve only got 13 episodes to fit my story into?”

2 Likes

I’m starting to see it like this: If you use your power too much, when you grow older and lose the power, you also lose something else. Eyesight is the only real example of this so far, but I think it could work.

One thing that kinda bothers me is in the OP, why is does the end part show 4 people standing with a space on the left side? IT’S NOT SYMMETRICAL and it really bothers me.

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be a mistake if it was the company he worked with understood what kind of writer he is…
I also think that Charlotte is a massive improvement. As I said to Kanon- This series has more frequent dips but it more tightly nit and consistent, where as Angel Beats! is a goddamn disaster with specific very good episodes in there at random.

Charlotte: Better overall and -almost- amazing. The missing parts are -weird-, like pages removed from a script at random.
Angel Beats!: Good key moments, however unsalvageable slop.