Best Key Opening!

I quite like todoketai melody, and would probably place it in my top 5… but alas, I can only choose one :stuck_out_tongue:

And it looks like, after a few months, Little Busters has indeed dominated the polls xP

1 Like

Eh. Rewrite’s OP1&2 are both epic, and true, the first OP is catchy, but let’s be honest, the second OP blows the first OP away. Also, eh, Harmonia’s OP is okay. I like the chorus, but I’m not a fan of the false accusation of the first part in the Harmonia OP. The transition from that to the first verse wasn’t as good. And the chorus and verses seem like they’re from different songs. But I like both of them separately :slight_smile:

1 Like

You sound like an expert.
But there is something that I don’t like about the second OP, maybe it’s just my tastes, or maybe is that Philosophyz just stuck in my mind after the epic scenes.

Philosophyz is great ! Honestly, it’ll probably be one of the best anime OP’s of 2016, when its released. And yeah, it does have to do with interest, like for example, I’m not really a fan of the LB op, because of the instruments used. But a lot of people like the OP.

1 Like

Assuming they use it. All the Grisaia OPs were new and I think the Walkure Romanze was too but I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

What’s so wrong about using new OPs?
They should make another opening for Rewerite, or like in Clanand, using a character’s BGM to make a song, although it was an ending song.

I don’t have an issue with it I was just pointing out Philosophyz isn’t even guaranteed to be used in the anime never mind be one of the best of 2016.

1 Like

Phylosophyz needs to be in the anime for some epic scenes, all of the epic scenes wouldn’t be so memorable for me if it weren’t for this amazing soundtrack.

“Ima kono ude ni nagareru aoi hi ga aru nara”

Rewrite oppai spoiler Thinking again, some part of the song really matches this ending.“kakikaeru kono uta wo” I’ll rewrite this song lol

Ehh, well the anime OP for Grisaia sounded better than the VN’s… But this is Key music we’re talking about. I don’t think they would turn down the offer to insert the god-like song Philosophyz into their OP.

Ugh… It’s really hard to choice ONE opening… I choose Last Regrets. I love the music. I feel a sentiments of sadness and nostalgie… I just watch Kanon this is week. Habitually, I ALWAYS skip the Opening, but fot this I don’t skip. If I make a top 5 ?

1. Last Regrets
  2. Tori No Uta
  3. My Soul, your beast
  4. Little Busters [EX]
  5. Toki wo Kizamu Uta

Yes four time 2 (I don’t know why he make me 2,3,4,5) because I CAN’T choose. It’s just impossible. I found this 5 opening wonderful, beautiful…
Tori No Uta is melancolic, and I’am a person very melancolic.
My Soul, your beats remember me one of my favorite manga off all time.
Little Busters [EX] is energic and nostalgic. This is music is int the past and in the futur in the same time.
Toki wo Kizamu Uta is sad, but calm, when you hear the first note you remember all the saga and make this is effect is just amazing.

1 Like

I had to choose the CLANNAD After Story opening…

CLANNAD was the first Key anime I’ve ever watched.

I always look at Key anime’s then, (the era of Kanon, Air, CLANNAD) and compare it to their animes now like Charlotte and Angel Beats!, and honestly, CLANNAD After Story’s op is beautiful.

To this day, I think CLANNAD After Story’s opening is the most visually appealing Key opening. The Cherry Blossom tree’s shown when Nagisa is walking by the sidewalk gives me a nostalgic feel. Comparing that scene to something like Charlotte where you see Yu about to cross the street, CLANNAD wins for sure.

Of course, I’m also basing it on the music too. The After Story Opening is a very catchy and beautiful tune. KIMI DAKE WOOOOOOOO, KIMI, DAKE WOOOOOO !!!

Lia, the best opening you’ve ever sung.

Visually appealing, gives a sense of nostalgia, beautiful composition, beautiful lyrics, and not to mention that part after the chorus. Don’t know how to explain it. The part where she’s almost at a whisper tone, singing quick lyrics. That part is by far, the best.

I hope one day, Key creates a opening as beautiful as the After Story opening again… The After Story opening sounds different from other Key openings… That’s something I envy and love.

Toki wo Kizamu uta is it for me. Onaji Takamie is actually one of my favorite tracks on the CLANNAD soundtrack, so a vocal version of the song with those awesomely soaring vocals is naturally going to be top tier in my mind.

Plus the visuals behind it were super gorgeous.

“Last Regrets” would be the best one for me.
Whenever I hear this song I just start to either hum its melody, or actually sing the song.
To be honest, I don’t really like “Kanon” VN, but I absolutely love “Kanon”'s anime.
And love for this song comes from the anime (2006’s version). It always brings me a deep feeling of nostalgia… transience, maybe. The tune, the words… everything mixes together to produce this powerful sound.

2nd best for me would be “Philosophyz” from Rewrite.
And the 3rd best Little Busters! EX version.

Oooh. Best op for me would be Tori no Uta. There’s something so majestic and uplifting about that song, which perfectly fits the almost celestial-like themes of the story.

After Story’s anime op is a close call. From the stunning visuals to the rising melancholy of the song to it’s almost whispering note in the end is enough to provoke powerful emotions to the viewers. And I kinda like that it doesn’t sound ‘noisy’, like, almost every KEY op I hear have overpowering guitars and drums. I like it better when KEY goes mellow with its openings I suppose.

3 Likes

I would say Tori No Uta is my favorite. The vocals are amazing and it’s just tranquility. But let’s be honest all of the openings from every Key series is good.

3 Likes

I really can’t choose. Little Busters or Toki wo Kizamu Uta or Rewrite Moon. Also Boys be smile.

I become emotional when I hear Little Busters and Boys be smile but I like so much Rewrite Moon.

2 Likes

Little Busters’ op makes me want to jump and yell along with it.

2 Likes

This is difficult because there are so many good choices. I chose Tori no Uta

1 Like

This is a tough one. My first choice would have to be Toki wo Kizamu Uta. It’s one of my favorite pieces that make me feel very emotional with the impressive melody and the way how it makes us feel during those special moments in life.

Another one would be Little Busters cause it gets me pumped and excited. It’s a feel good song to me. And the last one I also enjoy would be Tori no Uta. It’s very peaceful, relaxing, and reminds me how summer can be so enjoyable at times.

It’s hard to rank them all for me but, Tori no Uta, MagMell, Light Colors. Anything Lia is on top. I can only say Rewrite has my least favorite tracks it is too generic sounding for me.