Best Key Opening!

I’m conflicted between Toki wo Kizamu Uta, and Last Regrets ;_;

3 Likes

Then I’ll choose for you, last regrets!

4 Likes

“Toki wo Kizamu Uta” for me - but to be fair I have only watched Clannad + After Story!

Just really love that soaring chorus which is a contrast to the sad and wistful words, and the visual sequence too just encapsulates what’s so great about Clannad.

3 Likes

You know, since Key ended up pulling a fast one on us, Todoketai Melody shouldn’t be an option.

5 Likes

So is todoketai melody an ending along with towa no hoshi e?

It’s the ending. Towa no Hoshi he is an insert.

2 Likes

Really like Rewrite’s End of The World! Listened to it daily!

Rewrite OST is my all time favorite especially lucia and kotori theme song, but Imma have to vote for Little Busters! [EX] because Little Busters! is my first love and nothing can bring fond memories like the Little Busters opening movie.

1 Like

Although Rewrite is my favourite series, I would have to say Toki wo kizamu uta was the best key OP ever. The soft melody packs an emotional punch and the lyrics already give you a slight idea about the story’s events without spoiling too much!

1 Like

I am heavily biased towards Tori no Uta. It’s probably the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard, and introduced me to both Key and my love of the sky. Watching it again after reading Air, and especially seeing the CGs of the stairs just reminds me of the beautiful journey. It’s hard for me to explain, but it just clicks.

2 Likes

You know, re-examining this after playing through many more Key VNs, when you look at that list of opening songs the standard and consistency is phenomenal. I find it really hard to choose an absolute favourite or even out them in some kind of order. I don’t think there is any one of those that doesn’t put you in the right mood for playing the VN but at the same time you don’t want to skip the song in a hurry to get on with it.

5 Likes