Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

Ah ok then I’m just saying random stuff XD
Sorry about that my bad

Sorry, wasn’t able to reply as soon as I would’ve liked. Anyway, as the others have said in one way or another, it seems to be more of a continuation or expansion. The translated word that I saw was “append.”

That makes sense to me as well. Before, I was thinking “If the game is going to be in this many parts… how are they going to tie the story of subsequent ‘chapters’ to earlier chapters?” This makes perfect sense from that perspective. It allows them to see the choices you’ve made in earlier chapters, and account for that in new chapters.

We could go on to theorize that each beat will be a continuation of the last. That the story is too big to fit as a single game, but that it will be presented as a single game effectively.

If they market each and every succeeding beat the same way they are for 1st beat, it’ll be bad for everyone’s wallets xP

I refuse to believe that. That just seems waaayyy too complex and effort filled. Like the first beat is said to be in length comparison to Clannad which is huuuge. And they also said every single choice will be impactful and slowly build your character with a choice everyday. Having every beat reflect on the previous beat, if what they said about the customization is true, would require so much work that it would be counter-productive for revenue.

Why are people still confused about this? They said it has more CGs than CLANNAD, nothing about length. And CLANNAD honestly had relatively few CGs.

It’s because of the rumored MB size of the script itself, which was comparable to CLANNAD’s.
But they did say that a chunk of it was because of the battle with the shadows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So, I have a question- I wonder if the VN is going to touch on a weird aspect of the story’s world where humans or non-NPCs can become NPCs- And better yet, unbecome NPCs. Looking at Takamatsu from the anime at least, he’s turned into one after being consumed by shadows but ‘breaks free’ due to his willpower. Yuri kinda does the same thing.

What do you guys think about this as a world mechanic and do you think it’ll come into play again? Are all the NPCs ex-humans who were there and got eaten up by the program…? It would be interesting if by this mechanic, because of the need of some characters for other characters- if a character was to be obliterated they actually hang around via NPC post-Shadow reset to still support that other character, just provided by the world as possibly intended.

1 Like

That’d seem like a pretty cheap shot, though. Like, it’d just be begging for storytelling to occur because of that situation. I’d find it at least more tasteful to have the character disappear and see how the others deal with that.

But I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I really do wish that they would finally answer all the questions about the world. Since we’re on the topic of NPCs, then there are so many questions we can ask: What happens to people’s consciousness when they turn into NPCs? Why is the world capable of hijacking the host’s bodies while they are in NPC mode? Since it’s possible for a player character to turn into an NPC, would it be possible that all the characters in the world were once NPCs? Does that mean an NPC will forever haunt the afterlife, not having their regrets fulfilled, much akin to a ghost?

And so on and so forth

Well they threw us a lot of bones with all the sneak peaks, CGIs, discussions, etc. If they just went ahead and answered all the questions, wheres the fun in playing the game to find out? :slight_smile: There are 6 beats to be released and if they are in similar length (someone confirm or deny me on this on) then we should have plenty of time to answer all the questions.

Nah, the next 5 will be smaller. Vastly.
First is so big because common, the rest are just route additions, for the most part. Some common twists here and there because of that but nowhere near the first volume’s size.

So i’m assuming the price then will be smaller on all of them except the last one and can we expect the subsequent beats to be released quicker?

Yes and yes but the last one may be smallish as well, and yes.

Question now is how much time will it take to get those answers in english xP Oh well, probably once the game is released, I should stay away from this topic more-or-less :x

I think we are planing on leaving this one for speculation on future beats and opening a new topic for 1st beat or common discussion. Or something like that.

1 Like

This topic will forever serve as a FAQ of the Angel Beats! volumes and be a place to speculate and discuss information about the upcoming volumes.Think of it as AB! VN for dummies~

The guy who translated all of rewrite did it all of it in 10 months so, just gotta hope that he puts on his try hard pants. Other than that, you can always do those extreme, learn japanese in 4 months guides.

Ixrec already said he’s not doing it iirc. He’s into the difficult stuff, ie Tanaka. No group has come forward with interest in this yet.

2 Likes

That would be sad… we have to motive them somehow :S

I agree that the production of such a system seems far-fetched. To be precise, they only stated that the 2nd Beat would be an “append disc” to the 1st. That it would also apply to other beats is speculation on my part. Sorry for the confusion there. Also, since it was a machine translation, I can’t guarantee the accuracy of it. :confused:

Now this, in combination with some of their other scripting stuff, I can expect to account for a large portion of it.

Code has a tendency to be quite large for relatively little.

I kind of thought that would be the case after seeing Takamatsu become a NPC.

If this mechanic comes into play I’d suspect that it would also manifest as a bad end for Otonashi.

Regarding translators, I wonder if there are people here who would be willing to contribute to such an effort. If Ixrec has provided or is willing to provide the tools he’s used for the Rewrite translation, that would be a great head start for an AB! translation.

Given the fact that right now it’s entirely possible for there to be an official localization through sekaiproject may also contribute to the lack of motivation for a fantranslation.

1 Like