Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

I don’t think it’s very likely that sekaiproject will get such a deal soon, though it would be great. As Visual Art’s said, whether other games get localized depends on Clannad. It’s still too early to say yet.

I do hope that others aren’t getting discouraged because of the possibility of an official localization though. Sekaiproject has used fan translations as a base for their works before. I would think that some translators (not all) would be more interested because of the possibility of getting recognition on a Key VN (and maybe pocket a few coins).

Pretty sure that if CLANNAD becomes a success, the smart thing to do would be to localize Angel Beats. Heck, it wouldn’t even be that hard to localize all of Key’s games on the side while doing that because they are all already more-or-less translated.

The size reported is only for script, though, and not code XD

It’s both the most agreeable option for Sekai Project as a driving force to popularize VNs in the west as well as the smartest option of Key VNs. If they continue with Key works, this is the golden opportunity.

1 Like

Ah. I took “script” to mean “scripting” (typically higher-level code used to control dialogue sequences and miscellaneous non-engine-specific actions). Whoopsies. xP

Just imagine if Sekai Project actually localizes Angel Beats in the near future we might get the later beats only a couple months after they release in Japan. Sounds to good to be true I know…

2 Likes

That is the paradise that all of us dream of…

3 Likes

Demo will be released on May 2nd and some in game screenshots ~
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51484011.html (NSFW)

6 Likes

Yayyyy a demo! Just what I need to feel regret for not learning Japanese.

1 Like

Oh god those screenshots look sweeeet~ And that location selection is soooo dating sim-ish XD

EDIT: So it seems the May 2 release is a special favor for people who will buy stuff from VA’s booth at character1… No news yet on the general release ;_;

NOT SAFE FOR WORK AS FUCK

warnings bro

Here’s the contents of the First Press Edition ;

Apparently, this edition will includes the game (no sh*t, Sherlock), the soundtrack, a new SSS radio disc, a SSS rubber coaster, somes cards and a booklet. I’ve used Google Translate so I’m not really sure of this translatio … If a Japanese speaking person can check this tweet, it would be great !

7 Likes

That ain’t no soundrack; Here’s the list of stuff included

• Angel Beats! -1st beat-
  • Million Star
  • Na-Ga special illustration (nekkid tenshi)
  • Angel Beats! Piano Arrange Album
  • Angel Beats! SSS Radio Special Version
  • SSS Rubber Coaster
  • Weiβ Schwarz and Chaos TCG Promo Cards
  • 3 cards for Angel Beats! Operation Wars
  • SSS Activity Log booklet

Seems about normal, as far as first press editions go. It ain’t no harvest festa (with plushies) but still seems pretty good

7 Likes

So this is what I’ll be getting? SWAG

AWWWW MAN. The Piano Arrange Album is probably the most hype thing on that list after the game itself.

4 Likes

Thanks for these clarifications, @Pepe !

Can’t wait to receive this game !

I’m up for a piano arrange of Heartily Song 8)

MILLION STAR.

But yeah I’m so excited ahhhhh- More motivation to make sure to get every first press edition.

So Sekine, Irie and Otonashi all just spammed my tweeter with a conversation on the key official twitter account. Can anyone elaborate on what just happened?

Iron Beast talk- But other stuff too. Was about to post about it myself.

What’s the iron beast?