Angel Beats! - Visual Novel Details & Ongoing Speculation

Not sure if someone already mentioned this elsewhere but Key just posted the OP for 1st Beat on their youtube channel so now we can watch it in all it’s hd glory hurray.

Naw I think that’s the gym, isn’t it? @Aspirety does make a really good point though!

HUZZAAAAAH!

Video for those lazy to find it:

2 Likes

So, we have things to dig into. Translation time.

http://ikura.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/anime2/1422324552/808
http://ikura.2ch.sc/test/read.cgi/anime2/1422324552/809

I think I got the gist of it but I’d like some other opinions. I’ll hopefully hop in later.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering, is this the most hyped material from Key yet? I don’t ever recalling this much hype over a single item, with like driving cars, events, songs, pre-order benefits. Then again, I have only been following Key since 3 years ago.

Hmm same here. I honestly don’t know if it’s the most hyped and advertised item, but Angel Beats is an immensely popular anime, so I think they are riding on that popularity and maximizing its advertising potential.

1 Like

Yeah the reception of Angel Beats! was huge so they’re probably going to milk its popularity for all its worth

I don’t remember really seeing any hype for Rewrite when it was being released

Because of prior knowledge the series has an immense amount of potential. It’s a sort of unique situation.

As far as advertising is concerned, VisualArt’s are just insane it seems.

2 Likes

I personally think it could pass as Hatsune but you raise good points. I’ve opted to just let it be mysterious because it’s exciting~ This one is certainly a mystery.

1 Like

Just pre-ordered my copy :smiley:

5 Likes

You’ve done a great service. WELCOME TO GREATNESS.

So, it seems that the 2nd beat will require the 1st beat to have been installed and played through in order to be played. Additionally, that everybody will have a more in-depth story (which is par for the course).

I may be misunderstanding it though.

Source: The links in your post. Translated with machines.

I guess they’re doing that to prevent people from sharing CDs? Doesn’t make much sense in terms of revenue to put in a requirement like that, or does it? Also, are visual novels newly released require you to have the CD in the cd-rom in order to play it?

No, I think the 2nd beat will be like a patch.

What I mean, the 2nd beat will be an expansion of the 1st. So if the 1st beat isn’t installed, where will the 2nd beat work?

I was wondering how future beats would work. All I could think of was do it kinda like Telltale’s episodic games but obviously each beat is longer than one of Telltale’s episodes.

Yeah the series works like expansions. Expansion is no good without the core game, aka common route, aka 1st beat.

So they just updated their official AB VN site to have sample voices of Yuri, Tenshi, Yui, Iwasawa, Matsushita and Hinata… Sounds pretty damn good!
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/character.html

3 Likes

Muh Sawashiroooooo

So the fact that we didn’t get a voice sample from Otonashi pretty much confirms he won’t be at least fully voiced. Not sure if this was already confirmed (at least I don’t think it’s in this thread info at the top) or not but now that I think about it it’s Key so it was to be expected.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much, but you there is still hope for Otonashi being voiced because (rewrite spoilers) Kotarou was also voiced during terra route which was unexpected but he was still voiced . If anything I think he will be voiced for some cases for sure.

It was confirmed a while ago that he’d only be voiced when the reader is in a different perspective than Otonashi.

2 Likes