Worms - Series Discussion

Welcome to the Worms series discussion! For those who do not know what Worms is, it is described as an “artillery strategy game” where you take your team of worms and blow each other up with weapons of varying ridiculousness until one team remains standing. Sounds outlandish, but it’s fun, and I’m happy to start this topic for both closet Worms fans and newcomers to the series (I fall in the latter camp at the time of this writing) here on the forum.

Feel free to discuss topics such as your experience with the Worms series, how you got started, your favorite weapons, and your favorite Worms game that isn’t Armageddon. :stuck_out_tongue: If anyone is looking for people to play online with as well, feel free to express your desire here. :wink:

2 Likes

You have my banana-bomb on any Armageddon matches :smiley: I would gladly play in and bring chaos to the battlefield.

2 Likes

I haven’t played since World Party way back on the Game Boy. If you need somebody who’s a random element and knows just enough to be dangerous (really, really dangerous), call on me.

1 Like

Worms 3D is the best Worms game, fite me.

2 Likes

Any particular reason why it’s the best and all the others are trash? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s mostly the only one I played for any significant amount of time! Also 3D means an entire new dimension to kill yourself in stupid ways with. I had it back on the original Xbox waaaaaay back.

What other good Worms games are there?

1 Like

I don’t own any game on Steam, but if you plan on playing I might get it during Christmas to play some games with you. I used to play Worms Open Warfare 1 and 2 on my Nintendo DS and had amazing times killing myself in stupid ways as @uppfinnarn said.

So if you plan on playing, tag me and I’ll see if I can get it and play with you. Also:

Well, I always look forward to converting to christianity my foes:

4 Likes

If you want to help organize something during the holiday season, I can certainly arrange that. I only have Worms Armageddon at the moment, and it and a bunch of other Worms games are currently on sale on Steam until Friday, but if you don’t have the money right now, perhaps it might also get the same discount during the holiday sale. Who knows? :wink:

Link to the Worms sale, for anyone interested: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/Worms/

I used to play Worms Armageddon way back on the PSX. That was amazing. So now in a rush of nostalgia I bought it on Steam. Let’s get some WA lobbies going guys!

3 Likes

I’d don’t have it on steam yet but I’ve played it with friends before and wouldn’t mind picking it up if someone would organize a Worms night. For anyone who’d be on the fence about it, its only 3usd on steam right now and its a party game so its quick to pick up and have fun.

1 Like

Well, it’s part of the reason I started this thread… ^^;

Let me ask everyone here: What kind of date do you guys think would be convenient for a Worms night? I figure this weekend won’t be such a good idea because of Aspi’s Overwatch event follow-up, but maybe we can organize something next week? Some feedback on when everyone can convene would help.

I’m available for the latter half of next week, so that might be a good starting point. Would everyone feel okay coming together to play next Saturday? What times are most convenient for you?

Weekend would probably be the time the most people are free. I’m free pretty much any weekend although sometime during the next two weeks would be best. Any time works too, although something along the lines of 6PM CST would be most ideal.

1 Like

Weekend would be the best. Considering all the time differences >___< Saturday would be the best for me, probably.
Saturday Night Fever, ftw \o/

1 Like

Even though I have the game on steam I’ve only played it a couple of times.
I used to play worms way back when I had a PSP, I think it was called open warfare 2 or something.
But yeah, sign me up if you guys are playing (If you don’t mind playing with a noob).

2 Likes

The three I’ve played the most are Armageddon, 3D, and Golf. But I absolutely love the Worms series. First started playing in my 7th grade school’s computer lab in the morning before classes started.

I’d definitely love an excuse to play/an excuse to purchase W.M.D. if people wanted that instead of Armageddon (The best Worms PC game, fight me.)

2 Likes

W.M.D is a bit on the expensive side at the moment, even with the sale, so it will probably be easier to host a game of Armageddon or one of the other games. I’m aiming for Armageddon because, well, I don’t want to splurge all my money on Worms games right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, just curious, any particular reason why you think W.M.D. is the best while the others are trash? :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Our tentative date for our first Worms Armageddon event will be Saturday, November 19th at 11:00am CST. If anyone would like me to adjust the time or move the date to something more convenient, please voice your opinions now or forever hold your peace. :smiley:

2 Likes

Armageddon is what I was meaning was the best.

But as to why Armageddon, it’s a completely baseless bias. Other than the obvious advantage of being the most popular and the first that I played.
Though the art does feel the best of any of the games.

W.M.D. is probably ridiculously amazing with all of the stuff from other games included.

1 Like

Wait nobody plays reloaded? I thought that was the one everyone played…I thought I had Armageddon but the download is for Android which I don’t have… (got from humble bundle) it would probably suck playing on a phone/emu anyways. I might just buy it, I have so many games already though.

Everyone I play with has reloaded… huh.

1 Like

Wow I had no idea all of these were ported to PC. Picking up Armageddon for sure, been wanting to play worms with everyone for a while!
The new one seems pretty good too, I might pick that up as well.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know much about Reloaded, but if it’s any good, perhaps I can grab it on the next big sale and organize something. How fun is it, in your honest opinion?