Who would win?

Time for a fun topic! Superfight is one of my favourite party games, and I love the concept of arguing over who would win in hypothetical scenarios. So why don’t we do this for Key characters? I’m gonna say all but the most top secret of spoilers can be spoken freely here, otherwise use [spoiler] at your discretion. We’ll jump in if we think anyone is being too spoilery, but please view this topic at your own risk! Because I know this is gonna come up, please keep Little Busters! EX content spoiler tagged.

Hot topic on Twitter right now is: who would win between Chibimoth and Potato? Chibimoth has raw power, but Potato is practically immortal.

Or what about… Tomoyo vs. Kurugaya? The two athletic super-girls pitted against each other.

DISCUSS!

9 Likes

I think the most powerful character in Key is either (Rewrite)Oppai Kotarou or Dorj.
(Little Busters Refrain)Could you argue Kyousuke has infinite power in the dream world?
(Little Busters Sasami route)But then the world could fall apart just like in Sasami’s route, it’s shown that it’s possible.

1 Like

Hah, Chibimoth and Potato both pale in comparison to Dorj. (Quite literally, he’s massive…)

8 Likes

This shall be fun!

Chibimosu vs Potato hmmmmm… I guess chibimosu would win, even if potato is immortal Chibimosu can just wound/injure his body to the level where he can’t fight.
(Dorj is a nuclear weapon lol)

Kurugaya vs Tomoyo… I believe Kurugaya wins here, (she has a sword lol)

How about Yoshino vs Masato
That’d be a fun fight to watch

1 Like

Nah, Masato has that. He’s the strongest after all, and Yoshino has shown a tendency to get ‘owned’ a lot especially in the Rewrite anime.

Also, to clarify, this topic isn’t for determining the strongest Key character, it’s for having fun pitting certain characters together and debating who would win in that situation!

2 Likes

Okay, I’m new here and I have no idea what I’m doing (please be gentle with me).

I’m going to maintain my Twitter position on Chibimoth vs. Potato: Chibimoth has the advantage in terms of raw strength, but Potato is literally invincible. You can’t throw him away, starve him to death, or defeat him by any means known to man. You chuck him off a mountain and he comes back in two seconds. I’m pretty sure he’s an alien. Potato is going to win this.

On the other hand, I agree that Dorj would probably wipe the floor with both of them if he were thrown in to the fight too. Potato is an unstoppable force but Dorj is an immovable object.

Tomoyo is great at hand-to-hand combat, but Kurugaya has both a sword and a machine gun. I don’t think it’s a fair fight necessarily, but Kurugaya would win.

Yoshino vs. Masato…RIP Yoshino. Masato is the strongest and he’s also downright terrifying when he gets serious, like in Refrain.

5 Likes

Battle of the Suzuki Keikos

Yumemi vs Takafumi vs Kanako vs Haruka vs Kanata vs Shizuru

And even better one would be a battle of the Saitos LMAO

3 Likes

Oooh, that’s a fun one!

I’d probably bet on Shizuru. In controlled situations, (Rewrite) she can even fight on par with or subdue Sakuya, so her power levels are on a whole different level from the rest.

5 Likes

An odd one that popped into mind, but, how about (Rewrite) Moon Kotarou vs. (Charlotte) “Plunder” Yuu?

Then again, I don’t remember the specifics of Charlotte at all, so hopefully this one isn’t too easy ^^;

5 Likes

Ooooh, that IS an interestng matchup. (Rewrite & Charlotte) They both have the similar perk of still being mortal but having thousands of lives worth of power. Yuu might have the edge though, since his abilities take all shapes and forms, while Kotarou is still limited to his Rewrite and Aurora.

6 Likes

Well we mustn’t forget that Yoshino fought against a whole bunch of gangsters. Also (Rewrite moon) he even fought against familiars and he didn’t lose easily

I’d go with moon kotarou, Yuu was so exhausted both physically and mentally by then, but that wasn’t the case for Kotarou…so yea

How about this one:
Junker (Planetarian) vs Chaa (Angel Beats)

2 Likes

In hindsight, Masato got owned a lot in the anime too, so I guess it is a pretty fair match :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Mine’s kind of lame compared to some of these, but how about a battle against Maeda’s waifus: Mai Kawasumi (from Kanon) vs. Tomoyo Sakagami (from CLANNAD)? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For Kurugaya vs Tomoyo, I’d have to say obviously Kurugaya for the sword, however, if it was strictly hand to hand combat, I’d have to go with Tomoyo, sure Kurugaya is naturally gifted in most things, but Tomoyo has been doing it for years as well as being naturally gifted in fighting, therefore I’d say that experience + talent beats just talent.

As for Masato v Kengo, I would say Masato, I mean if Masato got his hand on and broke Kengo’s wooden sword (I don’t know what the proper name is for it), Kengo would surely lose; he’s a good fighter but he specializes in words not hand to hand, where as Masato is just brute strength.

I think we all know Dorj is the strongest :stuck_out_tongue:
What about a random 3 way sword fight: Kurugaya v Kengo v Mai?

Have you ever tried a 3 way sword fight? They don’t work :stuck_out_tongue:

My argument here is ALL Charlotte and Rewrite spoilers.

But the rules of the fight never said anything about [spoiler]Yuu having all the powers, just at least plunder. Plunder only requires you to see the opponent to steal their power. As long as Moon Kotarou can stay out of Yuu’s vision then sure he may have a chance, BUT again, the rules here don’t limit the amount of powers Yuu can have. He might have Nao’s ability but not say Angelo’s (Oh gosh!) ability. Therefore he will not be mentally exhausted nor disadvantaged by Kotarou’s long ranged aurora. Also, Yuu needs to only plunder once and it’s already GG.

The only way Kotarou may have a chance here is if Yuu only has plunder and Kotarou shoots him with aurora before he can get plundered.[/spoiler]

2 Likes

This one could be interesting… How about Akio and Tomoya?

Akio is an extremely capable athlete (He’s close to a professional capable baseball player, highly skilled at basketball, and an accomplished light… I mean, beam saber duelist and laser tag champion). He’s bigger and more broad-shouldered than Tomoya and lacks the obvious physical imparment.

On the flip side, while Akio is even more headstrong and stubborn than Tomoya, he’s lacking in raw endurance. Because he’s a chain smoker, I doubt he’d be able to say, put up with (Minor spoilers in Tomoya arc in Tomoyo After arc) That Tomoya did against the thugs he faced day after day . Akio is also a bit on the lazy side, often shirking his duties at the Furukawa Bakery to have fun. Granting, he DOES teach Little League Baseball some of that time, but considering that level, I don’t imagine that gives you a lot of exercise.

Now, despite the aforementioned injury, Tomoya is one of (if not THE) most determined people in the Clannad verse. (Clannad Yukine anime spoilers) Going toe to toe with the leader of a GANG for hours on end and fighting him TO A DRAW is no mean feat, especially considering (Tomoya arc spoilers) He didn’t even go through the training with Kanako here. He basically did it impromptu . He also seems to have a slightly better grasp of martial arts combat than Akio.

Which makes it a bit tough, but considering how wild and chaotic of a fighter he is, I might actually go with Akio here…

1 Like

I’ve actually participated within the ranges of 2 - 17 people (weird hobby)
They work… sometimes. But when they do, it is AWESOME

1 Like

I guess what I’ll say is considered as spoilers of both moon and Charlotte

I kinda have to disagree here, the aurora is not a normal superpower, meaning the power that Kotarou has isn’t similar to the one Gardian superhumans/super people in Charlotte have , as his power is actually his blood… Something physical. So unless Yuu gets Kotarou’s blood he’ll not be able to “Plunder” his power. Also, Yuu got exhausted because of the powers he got. “A normal human can’t easily handle this much of powers” is what I understood watching the last episode of Charlotte. So I guess Yuu’s powers make him really strong, but not enough to beat moon Kotarou.

5 Likes