Username Origins

I just put three hiragana together, turns out it is kind of vegetable from a country I am not familiar with, also someone at the exact same time also came up with the same name despite neither of us knowing eachother and is friends with me on Osu. That’s about it w

6 Likes

Mine is a simple one; My Arabic name, Muhannad, means the finest of the Indian swords. Add that to the fact that I love Kotori and you get this.
KotoRyuuTamotsuword

JK I was an emo edgelord back in middleschool and RyuuTamotsu was the only name to satisfy my chuunibyou
It mean dragon protector btw

8 Likes

That may have been edgy way back when but it sounds super soft now

4 Likes

Mine is from Bernkastel…

umineko05-00090

the character and…

the town, Bernkastel-Kues

which both have significance for me in many ways!

I added “elle” suffix or the French “she” to match my old twitter handle, which I just created because “Bernkastel” was taken. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

When I was around 14-15, I was playing this mobile game Strategery a lot. I played multiplayer and was really good. Alongside this I realized I had a strong interest for strategy games overall because I played a lot of this on Steam and generally. So around that time sometime I started using Strategist as a username for my accounts and now it’s my signature username :blush: :sunglasses: :heart:

3 Likes

I am AustinDoujin, the Keeper of Doujins. Ironically I didn’t choose this name because of my love for doujins. I didn’t become a doujin master until much much later. I was just a humble doujin reader with way too much saved on my computer. One day, I was hanging out with a friend of mine and he stumbles upon the doujin folder on my laptop. Because Doujin sounds like my actual last name, he says to me “I’m gonna have to call you Austin Doujin from now on!” He never did call me it though.

Several months later, I was about to start using the social side of an anime site called Kitsu. I made my account with my Facebook so it was using my real name as the user name, and I needed to change that. On a whim, I decided to use AustinDoujin as an inside joke between me and that friend who also uses Kitsu. The name stuck, and I don’t think I will part with it for a long, long time.

2 Likes

Well, my username is not too unique. But anyway, “Sonic” comes from most of the Sonic classic games I played in the past as a child and he’s always been my favorite video game characters. He’s an inspiration to me as he always try to help his friends and cheer people up. And as growing up, Sonic SATAM (the image shown here) is one of my most favorite cartoons in the 90’s that I particularly enjoyed the most. He’s kinda like me tho since I try to say positive things to people and inspire others to do their best.

087RSOH

As for the number “11”, it’s an unique number for me as well as an unlucky number of mine. :yahaha: It was probably the most significant age for me as far as I can remember although I didn’t have the best childhood back then. And as “2003”, that was the year I graduated from high school and also when I first got into anime. And that really took things quite a turn in my life and how I first discovered many anime I watched since that time until now. I don’t ever regret it and it will always be one of my favorite hobbies. Anyway, that’s about it for my name. I would’ve mentioned this when I first came on Kazamatsuri but now seemed like a good time to reveal about it. Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

My name: Evan -> FLIP : Nave -> Didn’t like it, got rid of the “e” : Nav.
I forget exactly WHY I did this, since I usually just use my real name.

It’s fun reading how all these interesting names came to be.

If any of you know the artist VOFAN (Monogatari series), he was a fan of some game that abbreved to “VO”( I don’t remember exactly which game), so he just put VO-Fan, or later VOFAN, as his pseudonym.

Interesting topoicc and replies…

zetaFairlight: Fairlight sounds misterious and I have an emotional attachement to that word.
It was an musical instrument. zeta… I have no idea, maybe sounds simple and has to do with my name.

:slight_smile:

I used the name BeanCurd not because it’s my favorite food or anything. I like them, but they’re not my favorite.

There’s a very random story about why I chose this username. It’s not really that deep or anything…

I don’t think I can explain it in an essay or paragraph form. So I’ll just write our conversation instead.

This is back when I was in high school… (This was partially translated because we’re speaking Filipino and English here haha…)

Friend 1: What do you wanna be called?
Me: Anything
Friend 1: What do you mean ‘anything!? As in anything?
Me: Yup
Friend 1: Fine… Even “tokwa?”
Me: That’s okay
Friend 2: You’re “tokwa” now. That’s what we’re gonna call you.
Friend 1: Come on, let us make it cuter!
Friend 2: She said anything!
Friend 1: Tofu, there cute. Much better
Me: Anything

Ever since then, my high school friends call me ‘Tofu.’ My other friend still calls me ‘Tokwa’ sometimes. Of course, they still do address me with my real name from time to time.
(Tokwa is just a Filipino term for Tofu btw)

That’s why I chose the name BeanCurd. It’s basically a reference to my nickname given by my friend.

5 Likes

So my name World of Books was sort-of derived from one thing I love most in the world … any guesses as to what it is?

Answer : Books!

I chose this name because I felt books transports me into a new world, hence “World”. And joining the two together sort of created a world which itself is created by a book, and this relationship is continually occurring everytime I pick up a VN or just a normal book, hence the name.

Also, the name was sort-of inspired by the Makoto Shinkai film, “The Garden of Words”, because I felt it was quite a beautiful film about adolescence, love, and loneliness.. Stuff which resonate within me and which I can feel when reading books.

I hope that makes sense!

6 Likes

Well played BlackHayate, Fullmetal Alchemist is great got the entire manga series in English.

When the Nintendo 3DS came out, I needed to create a Mii character which i I made look as stupid as possible and thus i decided that it shall be named stupid. As a fun fact stupid is used at the beginning of my email address that i have hooked up the government (probably got possessed by Sunohara or something at the time.)

1 Like

Got it from a Fonejacker sketch. Fonejacker is this show done by a guy good at voices who makes prank calls, and one of his voices is an Indian telemarketer who in one call was trying to sell some kind of cellular data and internet package. He tried to sell it with the nearly contexless “42 megabytings,” and it was such a catchy line that I kept it.

1 Like

Mine’s uhh…

Well, my original nick was Phlebas, which comes from Iain M. Banks’ ‘Consider Phlebas’, a childhood favorite novel of mine, which further got the name from T.S.Eliot’s poem “Death by Water”, which I also very much liked.

Gentile or Jew
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

I went by that nick for quite a few years and still use it in places, but since I’m credited by it in various fan translation work etc I wanted to change it up a little when we set up our company, and I think the PhleBuster variant came from Little Busters! which I was working on at the time.

3 Likes

My twitter handle is keyva1345. keyva is just a way for me to present Key Visual Arts, because I am obviously such a huge fan of it, and the 1345 has no meaning, I just wanted four numbers after keyva to make it unique, and 1345 wasn’t taken. If you look at my profile, my “name” is Keith Gates because he composed my favorite piece of music for Wind Ensembles, Icarus and Daedalus, or “The Fantasy of Flight.” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHLmwANNzA
I went by my real name for a while, but I am trying to seer clear of that now.

1 Like

My Kaza username is a reference to Kyokaisenjou no Horizon, there’s a pair of lesbian technology witchss that call themselves “technohexen”

As for my Twitter username, it’s a portmaneu of “ganbare” and my name, Riley.

(edit: i also have like a million other usernames but I thought I’d go with my two most recent ones)

3 Likes

That makes your username awesome by default, Horizon ftw!

Thank you ^^