Topic Proposals

I think it’d be fine to just ask in the general anime discussion, don’t see why it’d need a separate topic.

Okay, thanks !

1 Like

Topic: What is your dream project from Key?

Description: What would be your ultimate new project to come out of Key? All of the barriers are gone, and anything you want can become a reality. Do you have Key write a visual novel set in one of your favorite universes? An original work in a new genre they have yet to venture into? A collaborative work with another studio, writer, artist, or director? Maybe just an official sequel to a favorite storyline, or crazy fanfiction idea made a reality? Angel Beats gets a visual novel? The sky’s the limit on this one!

Be sure to talk about why you think it would be good, and how likely it is to be made!

I think it would be fun to see what people come up with. I definitely have a lot of ideas for things to put in there.

3 Likes

Since we already have a “Favorite Key series,” “Favorite Key ending song,” “Favorite Key opening,” “Favorite Key true ending” and so on. Why don’t we have a favorite Original Soundtrack ? And/or a favorite female and male protagonist ?
After seeing @Pepe’s scoring for the OST/BGM’s, I’m curious about what people actually like in terms of soundtrack preference.
And why not a poll on favorite Female true heroine ? We already have one for the protagonists. Why not one for the female’s ?

This wouldn’t work imo. Most of Key’s VNs don’t even have a true heroine. There’s like… Air, Clannad, and depending on how you look at it, Rewrite.

1 Like
1 Like

Best Key uniforms (girls) Even though that might exclude Planetarian and Harmonia.

1 Like

Should we have that kaza academic topic so people can get help on school work or even just work? I thought that was an idea mentioned in the chat a while back.

1 Like

Why is there no topic for the best route in Little Busters!, the Muscle Route?

(It’d just be a neverending thread of people posting “Kinniku, yay yay!”, but it’d be beautiful.)

5 Likes

Inb4 “Isn’t this just a shit posting topic?”

こんな物があったのか
Well, might as well throw out some things I’ve had on my mind for a while.

1. A topic centered around creative/unusual uses of the VN medium.
  2. A topic for talking about Key character designs, as the forums are mostly about the stories.
3 Likes

Dank Memes (Key Edition) thread? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

[quote=“HeliosAlpha, post:140, topic:715”]
A topic centered around creative/unusual uses of the VN medium.
[/quote]Could be interesting, although possibly highly spoilerific. I think it could be viable.

What kind of discussion would this entail? The only thing I can think of is “Oh, Kyousuke looks like such a badass” or “HNNNNNNNNG KOMARI IS SO CUTE”, etc. And of course probably the inevitable shitspitting contest of “Na-Ga art is so beautiful; Hinoni is crap” and vice versa.

I just dont think there’s much to discuss.

1 Like

This is an excellent idea. We could discuss things like what different parts of the character design are supposed to evoke. Like, does Nagisa’s antenna supposed to evoke her kind of ditzy qualities? Does Sunohara’s design evoke the blond haired delinquent? Kyou and Ryou’s design differ in terms of eye shape, hair length, posture, and side for their hair decoration. What do each of these things say about their personality? How have the character designs evolved over the years?

I disagree with @Yerian on this. There’s a lot of room for discussion, especially among our more artistically minded members. I want this topic!

I mean, those are great ideas and all, but I just dont think there’s a whole topic’s worth of discussion there. And even if there were, it feels like it would be very scatterbrained. All those things would fit very nicely into each character’s respective topic. The topics only happen to be mostly about stories as @HeliosAlpha says simply because thats what people have wanted to discuss; that could change if you bring those things up.

Nonetheless, imo you shouldnt be barred from making a topic or anything like that, if you believe will produce intelligent discussion. I simply have two warnings for you: 1) I really do believe what you have brought up could be very interesting. Thus I would love to see it take place in the already thriving and appropriate character topics (which are constantly being revisited), rather than have it possibly die because the topic is forgotten about. 2) Be very careful in how you would structure such a thing, becuase I easily see such a topic still falling to the likes of shitposting I mentioned before.

I am wondering if there was enough interest in the community about Touhou project to create a topic about it.
Or should it simply discussed in general gaming topic and general anime topic?

1 Like

I’ve always wanted to play Touhou, given the insanely massive hype around it in Japan. Still haven’t gotten around to it.

1 Like

Aren’t all the female main characters considered “heroines”? How do you define a “heroine”???

I never said they weren’t heroines. We were talking about “true heroines.”

I’ve looked through topics, but couldn’t find one precisely matching the idea I had.

So there’s a bunch of us learning Japanese, and I was wondering if we could do a “Japanese reading bookclub” thread, where we choose a book to read together. As we read, we can post stuff like, “I think X means Y, but not sure” or “Is this XYZ” or “I really loved the sound of such-and-such” and so on. And, of course, things about the novel itself. It’d be different from the normal discussions, since they presumably don’t want us asking, “What does ‘Yorokobe shounen’ mean, and why is Kotomine so legit?”

That would heavily depend on whether we have beginner Japanese readers who both want to read whatever it is and are willing to do it together…

But I think it’d be a lot of fun!

Thoughts/interest?

4 Likes