Tomoyo After: ~It's a Wonderful Life~ General Discussion

So, without spoiling too much, how long is D&T? Can it be completed within a couple of hours?

I can’t say for sure but I read in a guide that it would take you at least 50+ hours if you’re lucky. Before that, you have to unlock the main story leading up to that, which would approximately take 25 hours to say the least.

It’s very lengthy since I was up to day 5 back when I was playing TA fan translation. To me, It was basically trial and error, but I’ll have to retry again when I’ll be playing the one on Steam.

Sad. Then there’s little point to do a complete race of it. I might still try do a live stream of early parts after the bookclub. If people want to get in on that, we can like see who gets the furthest in a set time span.

2 Likes

I just started and I’ll be sharing my thoughts more as the bookclub goes on, but I just wanted to say that the Dungeons & Takafumis opening dialogue is amazing.

2 Likes

Would you guys recommend this if I haven’t finished Clannad?

You need to at least have finished Tomoyo’s route as this is a direct continuation from that. Other than that I think you’re fine not finishing CLANNAD (although I’d suggest doing that first anyway).

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Greetings. Need the TA logo`s background so much and appreciate any help. Asking here because this picture is from Tomoyo After Bookclub page which is located on this very site and obviously was made from original logo, so the doer should have background as well. If so, share, friend, Motherland wiil not forget you.

1 Like

Sorry to say that I’m pretty sure it was just traced and re-drawn. If you’ve got a program that can do vector art I’m sure it’s fairly easy to recreate.

I think Tomoyo After should get a live-action adaption. It will likely not get an anime adaption, so I think live-action will be Tomoyo After’s best choice. It’s also Key’s only story with a linear story that can actually work in the live-action medium, and since it doesn’t have Key’s usual supernatural things present in all their other stories, it works even better.

Benefits to a live-action adaption

• Not having to argue/riot about the animation studio if it isn’t Kyoto Animation.
  • The designs won’t matter because character designers won’t have to choose between going for the original Hinoue Clannad designs or the Fumio TA designs or a design mixing the two up.
  • Key won’t have to settle for crowdfunding for only a 40-60 minute film, but can actually have a good 90-minute film.
  • It would be a good test-run for Key to see how it turns out. If successful, it can introduce Key to the live-action market so they’ll have the anime market, VN market, and live-action market.

Anyone agree?

I don’t know. I just think that Tomoyo After is a story that would work well with a live-action Japanese film. I know this post won’t matter to Tomoyo After’s future, but I just love thinking about the future of Key.

1 Like

I’d definitely pay good money to see Tomoya getting into a brawl in live action :umu:
(I am also implying I’d love to see Tomoya get totally beaten up but that’s inconsequential)

Also

NGL this is a valid argument

1 Like

Sorry for going a bit off topic, still new here, but I found out rlvm is a thing and I thought I would try run D&T on it to see how it runs since they said it doesn’t work. and I randomly found Tomoya on the bottom of the stage.

2 Likes

So after about a week of messing around and banging my head at the table, I found out rldev manual is a thing which has some really helpful information about the engine itself. And with that and learning how to write code for multiple platforms I have finally achieved my goal in life of placing enemies on the stage (And I wouldn’t want to fight them either).

3 Likes