Tomoyo After and Little Busters to be Officially Released in English!

In a quite unexpected turn-of-events, Visual Art's have just officially announced that Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ and Little Busters will be getting an official English release!

From the linked Facebook post, they've confirmed that they will be using existing fan translations as the base of the official localizations,

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/tomoyo-after-and-little-busters-to-be-officially-released-in-english/
14 Likes

Color me surprised. Now I don’t have to use my vanilla copy of Little Busters as an excuse to read DLC routes. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is great news! It’s good to get firm reassurance that the partnership between Key and Sekai wasn’t just a one game deal. This opens up the entire floodgate to all of their titles so I couldn’t be happier. Now even more people can beg to Sekai for a 1st beat translation.

Bloody hell, it’s hard to breathe. Most of us have been waiting for nearly a decade and it’s finally happening! Key is truly opening itself to the rest of the world, even with lesser-played VNs like Tomoyo After!

…Though I would have enjoyed a Little Busters Kickstarter if only so that I waste all of my family’s finances on pointless objects for fictional characters, but if they’re going to release a physical edition count me in for both digital and physical! In the meanwhile, I will go and hug my Kyousuke shirt while playing over and over the LB themes… Huehuehuehue…

3 Likes

4 Likes

I think I sat here staring at this page for five minutes, knowing that all my chats and twitter were probably blowing up, with a blank stare. It makes perfect sense if you think about it… but I was never expecting new so soon.

Then i started screaming at the top of my lungs of course.

1 Like

YUSS ! OML. I CAN EXPERIENCE THE BEAUTIFUL STORY OF TOMOYO AFTER NOW ! And I can experience the god-like routes of Yuiko and Haruka :scream::scream::scream::scream: Since they started with Planetarian, then CLANNAD. Now Tomoyo After and Little Busters!, I’m guessing Kud Wafter is next ? Judging by release times. HOHOHO, not too long until the Rewrite translation :smiley: But um. Is Sekai doing this ? And is there gonna be a funding thing for the translations, like there was for the CLANNAD Kickstarter ?

This is true ecstasy.

4 Likes

HYPE FOR DAYS

r/dorj

3 Likes

Kyousuke’s back!

2 Likes

Biggest surprise for me is that this news came out before the Harmonia deal settled down. Key/VA riding that new English market hype train all the way, and I am more than ok with that time to flood them with 1st beat when.

2 Likes

This is a historic moment for Key fans everywhere. When I created this community, I was quite aware that Little Busters! was a crowd favourite of our community, and it happens to be my personal favourite as well. Earlier this year, a complete English translation of Little Busters! was a distant dream, let alone an official localisation! It’s a dream we’ve all shared in our hearts since long before this community was founded; the dream that Little Busters! be released in English for audiences all around the world to discover and appreciate. Of course, I am extremely happy about Tomoyo After as well, but I hope you’ll grant this admin the opportunity to exercise a little favouritism this once. I was never sure this day would come, so to see it finally become reality is making me incredibly emotional. It’s like, we finally reached that distant horizon. We did it, guys! Little Busters Saikou! Dreams really do come true.

12 Likes

Now we just need to get Kanon localized! :smiley:

IM SCREAMING OH MY GOD TAKE MY MONEY NOW is this descriptive enough AAAAAAAA

YES! Since it’s getting an official release, we’re getting the EX routes translated in this century. I’m finally…I’m finally going to finish…Little Busters!..No more routes left…No more content… I…I… I don’t want this. T_T

1 Like

FOR THE BOOKCLUB.

YES NOW I CAN ACTUALLY READ IT (what, I thought you knew that I didnt read LB, just watched it).
And im totally getting it. HYPE!

Nobody loves Tomoy After :frowning:
I’m glad Tomoyo After is getting a translation. It’s a spin-off from the visual novel that introduced a lot of people to Key. Who changed the profile stuff to Masato though. I would have preferred Komari, since she represents happiness.

Tomoyo After is amazing, of course! An absolutely gorgeous visual novel.

But Little Busters is just… Little Busters.

2 Likes