The real-world basis of Key's settings

Man that looks so damn awesome!
Gonna go there someday while I still in Jap!

1 Like

I don’t think this has been posted here since it was compiled apparently in 2014. A fan has set up a page with real-life locations for some Clannad scenes.

Also Kanon

and AIR

there are loads more, too many to link them all and other non Key VNs too.

1 Like

Me and a bunch of other folks from Kaza went to visit the Kanon Shopping Street one time! Although it was a lot less Kanon-like during springtime :frowning: Too bad I wasn’t able to go back during the winter

1 Like

I have only managed the Kanon meeting place with the bench in Osaka that was in 2006 :slight_smile: Also less Kanon like because it was summer I will have to dig up photos one day.

1 Like

Some three years later and I… we came across that scene during a short trip to Pampanga as I needed to get a new laptop. I took a picture of that distinct arch using my phone while inside a car, which means that it’s not of good quality, but here it is!

If anyone wants to know what this place is really about, a news article about that episode (spoiler warning!) talked about it briefly, and it’s, uh… uhhhhhhh… :naze:

4 Likes

Wow, what an article… :yahaha:

That place certainly changed from the past 4 years…(?)
(Assuming the photo in the news article was from 4 years ago)

2 Likes

Last December I visited Mizuho town, where Clannad Takes Place!! It was such a nice town, about an hour and a half from Tokyo by train.

sghqnls5hlc2vebta3lvx4btqze5enuo_hqvlmgde7aj2hmaihlmwpw2wi2ygswto6t_hq!IMG_7486|666x500

It was a pretty town and I am always looking for more irl locations of Clannad, lmk if you want more pics or more locations, down to the coordinate.

4 Likes

I was there 2 yrs ago, such lovely town.

There also the bird sysbol when you look at the cover of water pipe along the street.

got some extra time and walking too far lol.

2 Likes

I did too! Also, there is a company called Furukawa about 2 blocks south of the Hill!

2 Likes

Not sure if this was ever posted here, apologies if I missed it somewhere, link to comparison pics

’Locations of Kanon in the anime - The Infinite Zenith’

Contrasting some of the other Key works I’ve documented here, the events of Kanon happen at an unspecified location, and hunting around online have been rather fruitless, even in the KyoAni reincarnation of the anime. With that in mind, based on KyoAni’s modus operandi, it’s likely that location was inspired by a locale in the Kyoto region.

https://infinitemirai.wordpress.com/category/japanese-animation/anime-locations/

1 Like