Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS

Time for another off-topic thread! This time for a video game.
I’m getting pretty hype for this now that it’s only a month until the Japanese release of the 3DS game. I’ve always considered myself a Nintendo fan, so smash bros is always a big deal for me :stuck_out_tongue: Hopefully, if the online in this game is actually tolerable, we might even get to play some games against each other when it comes out~

Use the thread to discuss your thoughts, speculate what might be coming, and all that. If you have no interest in the game, then feel free to ignore this topic~

Of the newcomers announced so far, I’m most eager to try Greninja, Lucina and Robin. They seem like they’d suit my placestyle nicely. Also, props to the latter two for being awesome Fire Emblem characters :stuck_out_tongue:

Samus/Sheik master race.

I’ll probably get the 3DS version. I don’t really like any of the characters in it aside from Robin (he has too many mechanics for me to use though, so I’ll skip out on playing him) but it’ll be fun to play at conventions when Mario Kart 7 gets old.

I’m hoping that a modding scene appears for the 3DS game… I doubt it will though. The Homebrew scene is only recently starting to become a thing, and people would much rather work on the Wii U version.

Yeah, I’ll be getting both. I’m interested to see what kind of connectivity the games will have with each other.

Totally getting this on 3DS when it comes out.

As a kid, I just loved watching gameplay vids of SSB Melee, but never had the luxury of owning a Nintendo home console :frowning: Now that it’s come to portable, I am really hype! :smiley:

Never played SSB before so I’m gonna be pretty noob at this haha

I’m gonna be getting both. I could get that Japanese version, but honestly the time gap isn’t that large. My NNID is LinkTwinks if anyone wants to add me ahead of time. I also play a lot of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (and I have MH4 if anyone wants to play that as well), so if people want to join me that’d be cool.

Having 4 Fire Emblem characters is cool, even if I’m not super huge on Robin (My Unit) or Luciana. I’ll probably be trying to get into the competitive scene a bit, but I’m not sure yet. Hype hype hype!

1 Like

My housemates will be getting the JP version when it comes out. It’s gonna be painful ;;

So Shulk (officially) announced! I’m pretty damn chuffed about this news. Together with Robin and Lucina, I pretty much have all the characters I wanted to appear in smash. Awesome to see that one of my favourite series is getting some much-deserved recognition.

And it’s making me realise that I seem to have an affinity for sword wielders :stuck_out_tongue: I love being able to counter, I guess. Shulk’s monado buffs seem to mix things up a bit though, and Robin isn’t a traditional sword-wielder in the first place.

oh mah gawd I’ve got MH3U, we gotta play together!
On the topic however, I’ll definitely be getting the WiiU version (maining Lucario probably), but can’t afford to get the 3ds version once it comes out. So I’ll be missing on some action for a while :frowning:

Honestly the newcomer line up is so garbage.
Wii Fit Trainer? Fucking Greninja? Bloody Mii’s? By far one of the less interesting characters in a very colourful cast? Some nobody from some insignificant RPG? And worst of all, Bowser Pissing Jr.

Melee literally raised me though, so I’m getting this Day 1. And the WiiU version unless it’s so utterly bad it makes Brawl desirable.

Hey, don’t complain about Miis - We can use them to make Super Smash Waifus and find out who really is best girl. The rest of the lineup is pretty meh though, I agree. And if the leaks are true then that also means they added the Duck Hunt dog, which is just… what even?

Eh, I expected a retro character, it’s always happened.
I was hoping for Balloon Fighter personally.

The Mii’s are the feature I’m interested most in right now.

Which one?

I can actually imagine DHD being a fun to play character, especially with friends. Maybe not for glory though.

Palutena.

Oh okay. None of the cast from that franchise look good to me anyway, so I’m fine with that~ Gotta keep the male to female ratio somewhat balanced too.

Hades has more personality than the entire cast of Smash. And about 700 more moves than Palutena.
The Villain ratio needs fixing a hell of a lot more than the female ratio.

1 Like

I will agree that I was hoping more for Viridi or Hades than Palutena, but oh well, I’m glad Uprising is at least getting some attention~

Lets get some multiplayer action in here! We should organise a time for 4 of us to play some smash together.

1 Like

Definitely agreed. I’m busy right now but I’d love to play sometime later.

I’m thinking about picking this up… But, a month from now, when the Persona Q 3DS XL is released here and I can own that.