Summer Pockets Demo Now Available!

The time has come at last! With only two months until the full release, Key have released a free demo of Summer Pockets out into the sea of the internet!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://kazamatsuri.org/summer-pockets-demo-now-available/

Got this when I tried to open it:
sp
My computer is in Japanese locale, but I still get this. I’m pretty sure there’s a program I can use to get by this, but I can’t remember what it is. Anyone know what I can do?

Edit: I really should’ve looked into it on my own for half a second before asking. Many thanks to Helios.

placeholder

1 Like

It’s baffling that Key continues putting region locks on their games like this…

I can only imagine it’s supposed to be some anti-piracy thing. They’ve expressed how big an issue that is several times.

I think it’s more of a feature of the SiglusEngine. It’s in other Visual Arts games that use the engine as well. There’s also how this is a Demo, so they don’t have to deal with piracy. Pretty much every other VN developer that has region locking leaves it out for the Demo. So I can only assume that it’s a problem with the engine that they just don’t feel the need to fix. Also, there isn’t really any piracy measures in Visual Arts games to begin with as far as I can tell, so I don’t think they’re concerned with piracy, specifically in their own region which is where they’re selling it.

Make sure you use the fix on the siglusengine.exe, not the start.exe.

1 Like

Yeah, I find it strange that they have anti piracy measures on a demo that’s free. I disagree with your statement though, I don’t think this is a problem with the engine. This is something that was definitely intentionally programmed in, and if it wasn’t an anti piracy feature then it really has no reason to even be made.

It was probably something they just didn’t get rid of for the demo since it was too much work. And it was only targeted at the Japanese audience anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

it’s an okay trial, basically what you’d expect from common route material of this kind of game. some bants were good, characters were all mostly likeable, music was nut. hopefully it gets some momentum in the content beyond here in the full release because i could see myself getting bored after too much more of what we got here.

b-but I’m in a PC…

Your ancient computer disturbs me

Don’t mind my ancient PC since it’s still can run VN :yahaha:

Anyway I’m still stuck can’t download it because they think I’m not on the PC :uee:

Whaaa so excited to play this!!! How long is the demo approx so far?

It depends on:
Which version of windows you have
The minimum specs required to run it

check here: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/summer/spec.html

Aaahh~. Okay, this will be useful. Thanks.

I took like 3 and a half hours to read through it all but my Japanese is pretty slow, at a more reasonable pace I’d pin it at like 2 hours

Maybe try zooming out of the website with Ctrl+scroll? It might be thinking you’re on mobile because you don’t have enough horizontal resolution. If that doesn’t work I’d be happy to give you a direct link.

I already got the file thanks for the offer. It’s probably because I’m still running at Windows 7 :yahaha:

EDIT : I should really upgrade my Windows now