Sora no Method Discussion

Basically that.
Noel has been great so I’ll give it a chance to do something with her for the climax, but Nonoka has be so utterly flat and a failure at her role that she’ll never get a good emotional reaction from me.

Oh fuck me.
Right after I, after everyone, finally stops giving this show it’s chances, episode 11 happens.
That was real fuckin’ good, everything was executed perfectly, pacing atmosphere writing character reactions, all of it shined, that was simply undeniably a really good episode, even god damn Nonoka was doing things right and going against what I stated about her just last week.

So why is the rest so god damn garbage.

2 Likes

It’s good now? I’ll pick it up again. Haven’t watched an episode since the spa one.

No no no, it just had one good episode.
I wouldn’t go though the rest just for this.

What the heck…

I thought this show was over and done with.
I was wondering what they need two more episodes for…

What the heck…

Even Souta is getting a decent amount of lines and screentime…

I so didn’t see any of this episode’s plot coming…

What the heck…

Hilarious/10, was laughing the entire time.

No Nonoka, now the crazy saucer lady is yoooooou.

2 Likes

When she just started to run and fell over immediately on fucking nothing I couldn’t take it seriously anymore and cracked up.

It’s a Metaphor for the series.

2 Likes

And that was the last episode of Sora no Method.

tl;dr: Shione saves the day

So… what do you guys think about the show? ^^

Why the fuck didn’t they play the start of the ED at the bit where the ED song plays? The bit where Noel is running through the sunflowers with a leaf above her head. They set that up so perfectly to do that and it would’ve actually been pretty cool, but then they shat on themselves apparently not realising that.

6/10
-Noel was cute and it had one good episode, but will be forgotten,

1 Like

I wonder when I’ll see Kanon in serious mode again…

That last scene was kinda weird. It’s like they didn’t manage to finish it normally(time? budget?), so they had to do it with cheaper means or something.

Dude nah, that last few seconds was entirely key frames, that shit would have cost a fortune, not a cheap finisher.

I was going to say. I saw some screenshots of it on twitter, and there’s no way that hand-drawn images like that are a way to make the overall budget cheaper.

So that was actually the more expensive kind? Still felt somewhat out of place though, at least to me…

Ye ye ye.
Course it looks out of place, it’s a massive shift in both artstyle and animation quality.

Mm, Sora no Method was okay, I guess. The art quality is nice, even though the animation studio is new. I like the music, especially the song by fhana which they always hum at every episode. If I have to compare it with other Hisaya’s work, I’d rather pick Sola although that one isn’t perfect either.
The series really lacks of character development especially on Souta and Koharu. Yuzuki and Shione characters kind of don’t make any sense. Nonoka is kind of flat as the MC. The whole time reset thing is much more wtf. Overall score 7/10.

@Bonecuss I know right. It was such a perfect opportunity. I’d rather have that scene where Noel run in the sunflower field, cue ending song, and meet the girls (and Souta), than having that out-of-place artstyle at the end. I don’t hate that artstyle but I think they really could do better.

I haven’t watched the scene in question (still on Ep. 3!), but it depends on how many frames they used. Key frames cost more than in-betweens, but you can eliminate the price difference by reducing the total number of drawings. One strategy is to produce jerkier but highly stylized animation.

Of course, if it’s a final scene, I’d imagine that they aimed for a special showcase.

Wow. Got bored and stopped watching for a while. Just went back and finished it.

What an utterly pointless show.

For the longest time, every single character was either bitchy or a crybaby or bland or whatever. Everyone wandered around pointlessly. Everyone for some reason cares about a loli they barely know, the saucer turns out to mean absolutely nothing, and everyone’s friends again.

I got so excited when everything reset without the saucer, I thought something meaningful was actually gonna happen. But then it basically just got subverted. And it proved that the only reason all the characters were crap in the first place was BECAUSE OF A SAUCER THAT DIDN’T EVEN DO ANYTHING.

Wish-granting loli didn’t even have magic/10

1 Like

nooooo, didn’t you see us telling everyone not to watch it!?

1 Like