Sora no Method Discussion

Wickle likes Yuzuki. That is all. Oh wait…

Now that is all.

Don’t stick your dick in a crazy.

2 Likes

You say that as if anyone’s normal in this world.

Finally caught up with the latest episode (more like, caffeine subs finally caught up with it). Starting to get the whole point of the story now. Took them long enough to have a direction. I swear the whole pattern of this anime so far has been “They do random stuff and go to random places which causes hidden plot points to suddenly pop out”

It’s her fault for being a bitch about it, that’s what. Noel didn’t get all bitchy about it :<
Joking and personal bias aside, it is mostly Nonoka’s fault for not saying goodbye properly (she was a stupid kid) and forcing herself to forget her memories (she is still a stupid kid). I think that much was shown well enough in eps 7 and 8. But relationships aren’t as easy as being aware of who is at fault since they need emotions to go along with it. Like I’m pretty sure if Nonoka apologized, but didn’t mention the meteor shower, she wouldn’t have patched things up with Shione. It was the meteor shower that sparked Shione’s emotions to accept Nonoka again

Anyways, regarding the ending. I don’t know if it was obvious to others, but the idea I got out of it was Shione realizes that Noel is the disc and that the only way for the meteor shower to happen again is for the disc/Noel to disappear. Noel wants to sacrifice herself so that Shione and Nonoka can become happy again by watching the meteor shower. Shione decides to distance herself from Nonoka to prevent Noel from disappearing (kind of give her a “we will never be friends again so you don’t need to try” vibe to Noel). While that is one way to achieve the end result, I wouldn’t say that it is the smartest.

Then again Noel did say they will watch it together so maybe Shione (and myself included) is getting the wrong idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok. No.

No, Shione.
I mean, I know why you’re doing it, but Nonoka is, as established, kind of an idiot.
What possible reason do you have for doing the classic ‘walk away silently’ routine instead of FUCKING TELLING HER WHY.
Noel isn’t even there you FUCKING DRAMA QUEEN.
That’s it that’s all you are Shione, a god damn Drama Queen who enjoys it.
Bitch.

2 Likes

Finally, somebody else who gets it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I won’t tell you why I’m upset: the anime

Once again, only Shione seems to understand the full meaning of friendship while everyone else is on their “fun and games” trip. Hopefully this thing with Noel will give them a good wake-up call.

Pardon?
Shione the stupid drama queen understands friendship?
The heeeeeell is friendship in your eyes? Last I checked approaching your(easily approached) friends about a problem is sliiiiiightly more friendshippy than telling them to fuck off and never speak to you again.
Bud, she said ‘we are not friends’ for crying out loud.

While everyone is just giggling away, just doing what they want and don’t give a damn about anything else, Shione is actually thinking about what’ll happen to Noel. She then takes measures to prevent the worst-case scenario even though it means hurting herself more than anyone.
Friendship isn’t just fun and games and being merry all day.

She’s also being a dumbass about it.

I’ll interpret “dumbass” as
‘Trying to solve the problem on her own’

Well, what do you expect? She spent 7 years without a single friend while keeping everyone at a distance. Of course she won’t change the way she’s handled things for almost half of her lifetime (namely by herself) and start depending on others and ask them to help.
She saw the problem, she came up with a solution and she’s putting it to action. Nobody else will have to lift a finger and she’ll be the one taking most of the damage.

It should be interpreted as ‘she hasn’t remotely thought this though for more than a second’

“man, having to be mean to my friend sure sucks, if only there was another way to do this NAH FUCK IT I’LL GO WITH THE OLD WAY, even though I know fine well that is the most painful way and in the past when I spoke to Nonoka about shit she listened and talked to everyone about it”

I get why this method ‘works’, I get why you shiggy her diggys for doing it, but shit, there is doing something that works, and then there is finding something that works BETTER.
Noel is not omnipresent, they can fucking discuss this issue instead of hurting everyone involved.
She’s an idiot.

Everyone in this show is an idiot except for Koharu, Souta, and Noel.

I’m honestly waiting for the Souta route in this one, if there’s ever gonna be one.

Then again he seems to be treated like a throwaway character -_- I hate that because I quite like him as a character

(also koharu x souta OTP. Anyone?)

All males in this anime are throwaway characters. It’s like they only exist to fulfill some kind of minimum quota. Just like in Non Non Biyori.
Nonoka’s dad only exists to be worthless.
Souta only exists to be a punching bag in various ways. That’s his only purpose. Look at all that ‘meaningful symbolism’ he gets in the ending video, compared to other characters.

You and Souta both have my pity. Because episode 6

I hate when you shatter my dreams by pointing out the obvious :’(

Hey now, Souta is there to uh be important to the whole Yuzuki angst.
I mean sure, anyone could have done that, even the already existing characters.
But uh, he’s there to be one who doesn’t care if Nonoka forgot them.
Ok so Koharu already does that.
UM…

1 Like

Aight.

Drop Phone

Run a Mile

Seamlessly pick it up

If you can’t be bothered to check your writing to iron out blatant gigantic flaws like that, then I can’t be bothered to respect your writing enough to give a shit about it any longer.

2 Likes

Clearly you’re just not up to date on the many features of the new iPhone.

1 Like

Later they magically answer the whole without touching the screen at all.
This show feels so tryhard, it’s just not invoking /any/ kind of emotions in me, and it’s really obviously trying to. I really don’t give a shit about anything going on.
So done with this show, gonna watch it to the end anyway though.
Feels funny how it was thought to be worthy of having it’s own discussion thread.