Sora no Method Discussion

sip

Nick is pretty much spot on with my thoughts.
Frankly I would have been disappointed if she didn’t deliver on her promise of the slap.
Girl is serious about her feels, Nonoka needs to choose her words clearly, make Shione realize she’s clueless. I mean sure, that’ll piss Shione off even more(hey don’t worry, I’m just just acting it to mess with you, I really just forgot about you lol), but she might at least let Nonoka know why she’s being such a cunt to her.

Really, I honestly think Shione should choose her words more clearly. Like a simple “Why the hell don’t you remember me” would have sufficed.

But, as @Takafumi said “the conflict exists only because we don’t talk about it” as one would expect mature people to do and, once again,

Nonoka Slap count: 2
I really hope every single character slaps her at some point.

Good episode, helps justify 2 more, Yuzuki is a fucking nutcase. Only real complaint would be a bit too much convenient ‘I SURE AM WALKING IN AT THE RIGHT TIME’

Honestly the biggest flaw if this show is Nonoka, she just wonders around confused causing events to happen with her being there.

1 Like

My thoughts on the show so far are pretty much as follows:

How can she not fit that thing through the door?? I don’t even…

Music is great though; that’s basically the whole reason I’m still watching at this point honestly.

1 Like

Just caught up with the episode and I’m really liking how it is going so far. They finally got to being aware of Nonoka’s part of the problem and Shione got to say what she really meant and I hate her a bit less for that.

Basically a Yuzuki episode and this seems to be panning out to be kind of like a VN (in that we are going to Yuzuki route first). What @Kanon says is true and it wouldn’t have worked as well without episode 2. I just find it out of character that when Koharu “threatened” her in ep 2, she just ran away like it was part of their daily pattern, whereas here it seems to be a more touchy subject. Might be because of her realization after knowing Nonoka’s identity.

And I feel pretty hard for Koharu. It takes a lot of courage to say what you truly feel to a friend when those thoughts contradict theirs. I think that is how true friendship is supposed to be, though. Not simply following them blindly, but letting them know when they’re wrong. It took her a long while and holding it in for that long wasn’t a good idea. Of course Yuzuki is being selfish not listening to anybody else etc etc but we all knew that.

Gotta love episode 5.
Though for a moment there, I thought Yuzuki was aiming to become the most hated character 2014 ^^’

I really liked this scene, btw:

Noel uses “pure heart”. It’s super effective. Shione is confused.

With just one scene, Noel got a more favorable reaction out of Shione than the rest of the cast until now. The types that shut themselves off are weak against those kinds of direct attacks ^^

2 Likes

Aight so I got one big problem with this episode.
‘Am I smiling?’ > crying smiling face is a big one, it’s a hugely important moment that can be very effective and this did not do it right.
Not enough build up and just simply not the correct time to use it. You got a silver god damn bullet and shot it into the floor.

I can’t agree with wasting such an valuable weapon like that. They can’t use that bullet again.

Chocolate lips Noel go!

I was snickering uncontrollably at noticing it. Props to the animators for doing that.

1 Like

Look at Shione melt.
MELT HER NOEL MELT HER.

Disappointed she didn’t hit her, how am I supposed to call it Sora no Slapthod now? Great set up with the punching machine mind you.

1 Like

Their school uniform kinda reminds me of that in Kanon:

A perfect example of the pot calling the kettle black:

I’ve made some (valuable?) observations in this episode:

• all-girls show confirmed. Poor guy Souta
  • Koharu is secretly a real devil
  • Nonoka’s dad is a pathetic good-for-nothing

Oh, and I wonder if the creator had read “Run, Melos” (lol)

So I just watched episode 5 (no that’s not a typo) because I’m apparently too patient and waited for caffeine’s (formerly Kaylith’s) subs which was crazy and basically translated the whole phonebook even.

Aaaanyway that aside, that was kind of a terrible episode. Sorry Yuzuki, but it’s hard to feel any emotions despite your bawling if I have no idea about your reason for crying. The most that I can figure out is:
-> Yuzuki thinks Nonoka is trying to appeal to her by doing fireworks
-> Yuzuki apparently is blaming herself for bad stuff happening (and pushing the blame onto the disc)
-> She sees picture and realizes she was wrong because Nonoka just wanted to be reminded of her time with her mom
-> Realizes she is wrong and then… cries? I don’t get it.
-> Goes to say sorry to them and cries some more?

if anybody can somehow enlighten me about that girl’s thought process I would highly appreciate it

She’s young, and selfish. All her reasoning revolves around those two things. She then (I assume) feels bad for the past 7 years.

I’m hoping that this show isn’t going to continue just being the show where I’m waiting for it to get more interesting. It’s enjoyable, it’s just not really what I expected.
I liked that vocal version of the theme Nonoka and Noel hum, it’ll be nice to listen to that once it’s released. The soundtrack overall has been pretty great, the op and ed are pretty good.

1 Like

At first I was like ‘man isn’t it a bit early for a scene like this’ but then I realized ‘holy shit wait Nonoka is actually getting development’ and ended up enjoying the episode.
The Kaiju-san subplot was great.

My biggest gripe is the fact that Nonoka shouted Shione by first name when yelling at her about stargazing, and Shione didn’t proceed to run back into the graveyard and slap her.

1 Like

Episode 8 - Shione best girl
'nuff said

ALL PRAISE TO NONOJESUS WHO CAN DO NO WRONG.

Shinoe no, I mean it’s not like Nonoka knew shit, by all means, Nonoka seems to be an expert at not knowing shit, but how is it your fault?

Also, FUCKING EXPLAIN THINGS, OR FUCKING ASK PEOPLE TO EXPLAIN THINGS. SHIONE STOP BEING A CRYPTIC PIECE OF SHIT AT THE END.

7.8/10 - too much women acting like women

You’re rating Sora no Method higher than I rate most of the anime I watch. I’d give it around a 5 or 6 right now. Maaaaybe 7.

Taka pls it’s a joke. a me me.

1 Like

Let’s rate anime as objectively as we possibly could. Then let’s talk about how objective our ratings are and whose rating is the most correct one.
It’s a nice way of wasting a lot of time, getting into arguments and not enjoying anime -_-

I was pointing fun at this month’s popular meme. Don’t be so serious; your hair will fall out~