Siglus Hacking

IMO, we should leave honorifics in until translation is complete. Then it can be handled consistently in editing/QC if they are to be removed. It doesn’t take a translator to understand honorifics, after all.

Since last time didn’t work so well I’ll ask. How do I add translations in a way that doesn’t cause problems for you programming people?

Just add the translation in the line after the Japanese and don’t change anything else. You can also make a new line with double slash for any comments like so:
//<0022> (眩しい…朝か…)
<0022> (So bright…morning?..)
//and this line should be safe from breaking any coding. I think

Anyway I was going to update what I have so far (10% done with day 1 by line count, which isn’t very accurate), but I guess Github doesn’t like this file because it’s too long and I can’t seem to find an edit button? Maybe I’m just dumb…

You may need to use Git client to upload non-text data.

I personally use GitExtensions.

I adore semicolons. My writing is littered with them (mainly because I read too much G.K. Chesterton; The Man Who Was Thursday is fantastic, btw, as is Orthodoxy). If you need a semicolon checker, I can definitely do that.

(Also, I found it hilarious that most of the posts on semicolons used semicolons. :D)

Anyway: I can’t translate or do much coding, but i’ll put my name on the list if there’s a need for proofreading or editing (or a mathematician? Not sure why you’d need that, though).

Those program were all Greek to me so I’m gonna throw what I have for now on pastebin; I hope that works. I want to revise the Yui one next.
01_かなで_01-str
01_かなで戦闘_01-str

Do you need checker? Because I see a lot of things to fix, especially around punctuations.

That’s what this whole thing is for. I’m not exactly doing this for my own sake.

@Kaze, I believe that your fork is behind a couple updates/commits. You’ll need to create pull request to “pull” in the latest changes into your fork. If you’re logged into GitHub, you can initiate a pull request and set the base fork to your fork and the head fork to Takafumi’s (highlighted in brown below). Alternative you can just use this link: https://github.com/Kaze77/ABFBT/compare/master...TakafumiSakagami:master

Click on the green button saying “Create pull request”, give the request some name and maybe a description, then click Send pull request. On the next page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click merge pull request and confirm the merge. Your fork will then be in sync and hopefully the edit button appears. If not, just go back to Takafumi’s repo (see pink square) and navigate to the text file you wanna edit. There should be an edit button there.

Does anyone know what’s the line-break command so we can prevent having broken lines like this?

We’d need to edit the exe file to get text formatting working correctly. The current patch isn’t really for reading yet.

Yeah, I recall many cases of VNs needing a proper wordwrap.exe setup for them.

As the engine use fixed width font (even proportional font is rendered as fixed width), I thought that we can use space (or nbsp) as padding character. At least as stopgap measures. I never tried myself tbh.

I already translated some VN for my own entertainment and most of them are using kirikiri engine. Some are just simple; you just need to press “enter” like you normally do in other text application to get in the next line (ex. games from CUBE) and some uses “[r]” command for that (ex. ASA Project).

I did look into the spacing, found a few viable places and breakpointed them for later, but then went back to the script stuff. I’ll have a look later at editing the spacing if it’s something you actually want.

EDIT: Well I’m banned from posting anything else in here so I’ll just have to update this one.

<a=“http://i.imgur.com/Qui6SB7.jpg”>http://i.imgur.com/Qui6SB7.jpg

Not as easy as I wanted it to be. :expressionless:

This is SiglusEngine and really suck… I think

Although spacing would work, I do believe that the rewrite tools allow you to use \n to break up lines.

EDIT:
Well I tried this out myself with the tools and there was a bug in the Rewrite tools preventing \n from working. I’ve corrected the bug and reuploaded the tools. Check out my earlier posts for the Dropbox link to the tools. For those not familiar with the newline character (which is \n), basically you just place \n at the point where you want a new line to start. For example:

and then this is how it’ll look:

A side note, I readded in all the missing original lines and fixed a couple of outdated string offsets (for the furigana in curly {} brackets) in 00_ab01a_day00 which would’ve made the game stall out with a script analysis error. That way people can build a Scene.pck file and see/play with the translations that everyone has sent in here so far. I’ve sent in a pull request: https://github.com/TakafumiSakagami/ABFBT/pull/13, so hopefully someone could merge it back in to Takafumi’s branch.

2 Likes

That killed everything mate :'D

Case Solved :slight_smile:

By the way, beside the discussion about whether we’ll use honorifics, will it be “Tenshi” or “Angel”?