Ridiculous Theories

What if in Clannad…

the light orbs were dragon balls locked by the hearts of the people of Hikarizaka

7 Likes

Kyousuke was arrested for creating an illegal battle/fighting club.

3 Likes

What if in Clannad…

Furukawa Akio is Natsume Kyousuke grown up.

2 Likes

So yesterday I was rewatching Angel Beats and when I got to episode 12, a sudden horrifying thought dawned on me in regards to the alternate ending. In episode 12, we learn that (Angel Beats anime spoilers) the programmer behind Angel Player entered the purgatory in the same fashion as Otonashi: with amnesia. This was due to him being able to live a fulfilling life for the sake of another. Then the programmer fell in love with a girl who disappeared after fulfilling her regret, resulting in him waiting for her in the purgatory for a long time. But as a result of waiting for too long, the programmer turned insane and created the Angel Player program with the patch that should a situation like his occur where a person enters the purgatory with amnesia and has lived a fulfilled life, then the Shadows would arrive and turn anyone into an NPC with the programmer himself turning into the first NPC.

So what’s the horrifying thought? Well if the alternate ending occurs, where Otonashi stays behind in the purgatory and waits for Kanade’s return, then he’s probably going to wait for a very long time. Like the programmer, this might result in him losing his sanity, recreating the Angel Player program again with the Shadows patch, and turning himself into an NPC. In other words, if the alternate ending occurs, then there’s a huge possibility that everything that happened in Angel Beats (the anime at least) is going to repeat itself and it might become an endless cycle. Man, forget about the Stairway to Heaven OVA being the bad ending, this is the actual bad ending. :shock:

5 Likes

Just finished Harmonia yesterday. Loved it. I can’t helped but to be reminded of Planetarian because of their similar themes. I wonder if it’s possible if both worlds exist at the same time and the Junker is actually a member of the raider group in Harmonia, but then he had a change of heart after he stumbled upon Yumemi (spoiler to Harmonia: who is actually a 2nd gen of Phiroid ). :happy:

I like the idea but (Planetarian and Harmonia spoilers) The Junker stated in Planetarian that’s it’s been thirty(?) years since the fall of society, but in Harmonia it’s been over two hundred years based on how many drawings Tipi has made.

What if, in Clannad, Tomoya is Satan; he harvests the souls (light orbs) of people throughout Hikarizaka by befriending and seducing the various people around the town. By making them happy, he satisfies his desire of bringing someone to absolute joy, only to push them from that cliff into the rocks of misery below. This has the added effect of those people leaving their souls unguarded to him after he earns their trust. The souls are even seen falling into his open hand, as he abandons that heroine/Kappei to eternal torment and resets the timeline. He then uses the souls of the damned to use the darkest of all magic, resurrection, to bring back Nagisa.

7 Likes

Just Nagisa? What about Ushio? And his self from another timeline where he hadn’t collected enough orbs? :yahaha:

1 Like

(Clannad spoilers) His self from the first timeline where he didn’t collect enough orbs is when he was a good angel, before he fell from the grace of God. It was only after losing Nagisa did he turn to the darkness of sins and passion, and began his training in harvesting souls by starting with his own daughter, Ushio. She was his first sacrifice. Anyone could see his heartlessness when he led a sick girl into the snow. :smug:

2 Likes

Why did you just summarize the plot of Clannad? :smug:

4 Likes

Ever notice how the other heroines seem to vanish when you go down someone’s route? Well, it’s obvious why: every Key heroine is a serial killer, bent on being the only one left for the protagonist. Let’s look at Rewrite as a prime example.

(Rewrite spoilers) Obviously, Lucia and Shizuru have no problem slaughtering Akane, Chihaya, and Kotori. Lucia uses her poison to wipe everyone out, and traps Shizuru so that she is killed in Kazamatsuri when it is nuked by the United States. Shizuru allows salvation to happen, so that only she will wait for Kotarou when he comes back, and mops up the loose ends in the shelter. Akane uses her influence from Gaia to track down the others and has them killed, while Kotori simply lets them kill each other. Remember, Kotarou only thinks he sees Shizuru in the helicopter at the end of Kotori’s route. Chihaya is the only odd one out; she cannot kill Shizuru by herself, so she provokes Shizuru into a fight where Kotarou is forced to kill Shizuru, who is at that point weaker than him. We all see what happens in Moon, and in Terra Pochi simply lets the girls die in the vacuum of space.

I want to also make note of Kanon. (Kanon spoilers) Every girl at the end is killed except for Ayu; she manages to escape and say goodbye to Yuuichi one last time in that iconic cg before she’s finished off by that route’s heroine.

3 Likes

dat u franz liszt

What if the teacher is Franz Liszt :shock:

13 Likes

No it’s Timmy Wiseau

Anyway forget that, who’s ready for some DEEPEST LORE.

The shirt from the guy on the left is in The Secret Key VN: Five in the main character Takahiro’s room, Five is clearly a sequel to Little Busters and Takahiro went to the LB school.

7 Likes

Nah, Severus Snape…

6 Likes

That would actually explain his rough way of speaking to Rin and the other students

4 Likes

Rewrite and Kanon spoilers
Spoiler tags aren’t working properly for me recently, so here’s this:

Summary

So the big ass tree that Yuuichi and Ayu play on is obviously Kotarou. Here’s the timeline: Terra route > Ayu and Yuuichi meet conspiracy2 > They part > The Rewrite girls grow up and turn the tree into Pochi > Yuuichi returns > The only part left of the tree is the stump.conspiracy1
It also explains why it’s so damn cold all the time in Kanon:

“But Machelmore, at the end of most of the routes it turns into spring and gets warmer.”
No worries! The characters are just having delusions due to hypothermia, that’s all.

Little Busters and MOON. spoilers.

Summary

This one’s a no-brainer. The invisible strength that the entire story of MOON is centred around is obviously

Mio would be in class A for sure. Ikumi and Youko have nothing on her.
Doppel-Ikumi confirmed for Midori?

5 Likes

Rewrite: the stone city is a superhuman with the ability to rewrite even before the Sakuya. it has turned into another dimension to save some people from salvation in their time

3 Likes

(Rewrite and Clannad spoilers) Touka Nishikujou is Kyou Fujibayashi. She was assigned to watch over prospective Guardian recruits like Tomoyo in Hikarizaka in 2003, and fell in love with Tomoya. Her hunter-type designation is what allows her to throw dictionaries with precision and force at Sunohara’s face, as opposed to the knives she uses for combat. She also got to live her dream as a teacher for Ushio’s kindergarten class, and used the captured familiar Botan for scouting and reconnaissance, which explains things like his “stuffed animal” mode - she’s cutting the contract.

(Air, Little Busters, and Rewrite spoilers) Kano is Midori, and Hijiri is the doctor that drugged Mio to release her. Unable to forgive herself for her sin, Hijiri keeps Kano around until she’s possessed by Mio into becoming one person again. Kano’s bandana is a shackle holding her from Mio, and only when Mio is helped by Riki can Kano take it off.

Note how the two skies are so similar; like two halves of the same whole.

The boy seen at the end of Air is Kyousuke, and the girl is Rin. They are freed from Kanna’s curse, and travel back to Hikarizaka from their vacation to Kami/Kasumi. Together with Kengo, who is Yukine from Clannad’s younger brother, Masato, and Riki, they form the Little Busters, now that they can experience all forms of love. Kyousuke, the reincarnation of both a Cutter-type Guardian agent (Ryuuya) and a Gaian summoner (Yukito) is both physically and socially exceptional, and being freed from the curse allows him to help others, like Riki.

4 Likes

Rewrite spoilers

What if Shizuru’s route’s ending actually didn’t suck - she was just high as a kite on self-produced drugs when telling it.

1 Like

Harmonia spoilers: I don’t know if this sounds sweet or fucked up but somehow I’ve come to think that Rei is probably Shiona’s long gone brother after all
I might need to read the side stories to find out about it.

2 Likes