Rewrite Quotes & Screenshots

I made a GIF of a scene that I thought had good art.

1 Like

Quite the entrance you made there Sakuya

4 Likes

I know it’s an old discussion anyway, but here is something I found from Rewrite IgnisMemoria

10 Likes

My favorite quote (not sure if this counts as a quote) is actually the first line of the song that plays during Shizuru’s ending, Koibumi/Love Letter:

JA: 手を繋いで歩くこと、ただそれだけも出来なくて・・・
EN: “I can’t even do something as simple as holding hands while walking with you…”

This line along with the CG destroyed me on the inside and broke my heart. Even after all the shit Shizuru has been through in her life, and despite what happened at the end of her route, she’s still smiling wholeheartedly, as if she’s content with just knowing Kotarou’s there by her side, even though they can no longer do something as simple as holding hands anymore.

4 Likes

pictures of cute children

Also I’ve been meaning to upload these quotes from the VN

This looks familiar… looks at Last Desire

Thanks for this wonderful piece of advice, Shimizu-san.

I really like this moment in Terra. So cool. And disturbing.

Lucia’s revenge :)))

Lol

…but who’s the one attracting so many lolis in a single route here? XD

50 Shades Rewritten

Kotarou please XD

6 Likes

I don’t know if the screenshot itself is silly enough to be placed in the Silly Rewrite Screencaps post, but I just want to say…

This strangely reminds me of Ichigo Kurosaki’s post-Saigo no Getsuga Tensh-- ohwait

3 Likes

They shared the same voice actor too. Which is awesome.

1 Like

This is I got from game PV, anime
Credit: to the maker✩

2 Likes

Here’s the complete version of the famous amicable numbers / boomerang scene that was criminally absent from the anime. Click to expand.

5 Likes

Where did you get that young Lucia pic?

Ah I got from the anime. Please see the anime

Just a few I wanted to share for one reason or another:

This string of dialogue has always stuck with me, ever since I first read it, no matter how much time has passed. Of course, it’s not the only of such from Rewrite to do so (and a majority of the time it is Akane speaking when it happens), but I find the delivery of these lines to be particularly perfect, both the voice acting and the word choice. It’s also just so piercingly insightful from Akane when thinking about the topics Rewrite explores and the overall story.
And of course, my post-modernistic ass loves her use of the word “infect” when talking about Justice.

A scene from Shizuru’s route:

I recently re-read Shizuru’s route and burst out laughing when I saw this line. After reading Terra, it’s quite amusing. I don’t know how I missed it on my previous re-reads.
Just in case people don’t remember, the context is that other than the obvious joke with the saying, Kotarou actually has “died” (in a sense) twice before this moment, the first being the bad end of Terra and the second being when the Earth Dragon nearly eats him earlier in Shizuru’s route.
I just find it funny that the joke is that idiots don’t realise that you can only die once, yet Imamiya is talking to a self-proclaimed idiot who actually has “died” twice and indeed still hasn’t learned, just as the saying goes.

Just one more for fun, from Terra:
“Like I said, I’m saving the planet.”
“That’s the only way to win over the girl I like.” ~ Kotarou

There are so many more that it’d take me forever to narrow them down, so I’ll just stop here for now. But just for the record, I’d say pretty much any instance of Akane explaining anything, and all of the Earth Dragon’s lines are screenshot/quote-worthy, among other things of course (you can see why I’m being so frugal in my selection process).

3 Likes

Found this funny!
SHIZURU (with Chihaya and Kotorou):
“If she’s an idiot for calling you an idiot, then so are you for calling her an idiot. You become spiral idiots”

2 Likes