Rewrite+ Officially Announced

So uh anyone else see this? I am soo HYPE!!! I now have an excuse to reread rewrite.
2 Likes

It sounds really exciting, even though I haven’t even played Rewrite HF! at all. This will now give me the chance to actually play it as well as the newly updated version.

It’s probably credible, but there’s so little information. We need a more detailed source before we can report on it.

As much as I love this news, I wish we could get some more details… Like what they actually said about it.

Like, I have no doubt that they said something about Rewrite+ at ACEN but if it’s just like last night’s “We are planning it” in regards to Angel Beats, then it doesn’t mean much. Because at this point, I’m pretty sure VA is planning an English release for all their works (maybe barring Kanon and AIR), and all future works to come.

If they said like “We are already working on it” then that’s actually something! But we don’t have any more info :x

Yeah it’s a shame there isn’t more info regarding angel beats and rewrite+ other than planning. But it is still good news they are planning it, im not really expecting it to come out really soon but I do hope that they are planning to release more news throughout their other visits in AX and Visual Arts Expo.

2 Likes

Hype

8 Likes

Apols if this isn’t the right thread but is there any update on the official Rewrite+ English translation and a Steam release? There doesn’t seem to have been any word since it was first touted as a “plan” last year so is the work actually in progress or is it still just up in the air?

edit: sorry just seen thread Rewrite+ Officially Announced

perhaps this post should be moved there…

There would be an article of something was announced.

Fair enough but after 1 year+ even wild unsubstantiated rumours would be nice :wink:

Perhaps after LB! is completed we’ll get a whisper of something more concrete.

1 Like

Sekai Project is localizing Rewrite+ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-02/sekai-project-adds-rewrite-7-other-games/.118323

1 Like

Lately I`m been thinking that I have some kind of blessing or curse in VNs traslation announcements. When I read Utawarerumono and then tried to read the second part in japanese suddenly a english version was published and a official traduction for the third was also announced. Was exactly the same when I finally adquired the LB EX game in japanese and the official traslation was also announced, and just around a week ago I adquired the Harvest Festa and just a official traslation is announced.

I’m still not used to all these visual novels getting English releases… I still remember waiting thirty years for the AIR fan translation like it was yesterday.

Ah, the good old days where if you wanted a Key VN in English, they’d shut you down and block you from their websites.

2 Likes

I guess the more specific wording is that Sekai Project is publishing Rewrite+; I believe Amaterasu and co will still be in charge of translating it.

But this is good! That means Rewrite+ can make full use of SP’s marketing arsenal!

1 Like

My bad! This is interesting that Visual Art’s is still working with Sekai. I thought they’d be going on their own now. Maybe Tomoyo After and Harmonia weren’t as successful as Clannad and planetiarian or something.

2 Likes

Well I just got news from @Karifean from discord that they will no longer be using the original fan translation… Which actually leaves Ixrec’s involvement in this thing a whole big question mark.

Will try to scrounge up some info on that on the meantime

I’ll gladly be wrong, but I’m not too excited about Sekai Project doing the release. I probably don’t hate their work as much as others do, but when it comes to their release schedule, I’m more than a little skeptic. They announced Baldr at last year’s AX and look at the estimated release date for that - oh there is none. Since they aren’t using Ixrec’s work (which admittedly has its pluses and minuses), I’m not expecting the release before mid-2019.

Well over the years you’ll lose your mind sooner or later like me. I know little busters is soooo sooon but I feel like every key game is “coming soon” “coming very soon” and coming “very very very soon” Rewrite+ coming soon, Angel beats coming soon, Such words do not even reach my ears anymore. There are two statuses of a game not released and released. An announcement just means in the next 1-10 years it will come. The whole little busters tl thing all these years was so long that I don’t even care anymore about waiting. I just go off and play games that are released lol.

It could be worse you could be a f-zero fan.