Rewrite+ Officially Announced

VisualArt's suddenly took us by surprise today, with the announcement of a new version of Rewrite to be sold in commemoration of the release of the upcoming anime adaptation, which will be starting its broadcast this Summer. They've aptly titled this new release as "Rewrite+", and announced a whole slew

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/rewrite-officially-announced/
6 Likes

I just hope that this gets an english release…

3 Likes

With the way VisualArt’s is going, I wouldn’t be surprised if they sourced Amaterasu to release this thing on Steam sometime in the future lol

I’m hype~ I was kind of hoping that if they did a Rewrite+ or something they might add a character route for Inoue though. I don’t own Harvest Festa yet so I can use that as my excuse to buy this as I hope they that they release this in English officially.

That would explain the silence around HF being in EX territory :V

3 Likes

Does that mean Kotarou will now have voice in all routes?

Not confirmed yet; Like I said in the other topic:

But hey I could be wrong!

It would amount to much more than 500 voices, so I don’t think so.

If this happens I would buy it even if it were 80$. Amaterasu’s translation is just the best fan translation I’ve seen. HOWEVER This would be very unlikely as negotiations would have begun by this point and that implies Amaterasu would have stopped HF fan-translation, which hasn’t happened.

1 Like

Well, I was planning to re-read rewrite sometime again because I really love it, and now I have even a better reason to do so :D.
The only thing I thought they would implement is the “new path” that they announced in the anime. But then again if people would purchased it they would just speedrun/skip the known parts and go to the new path, and that may bring up spoilers because people that would already read it could go on forums and spoil everyone how the anime would end like, buuuuut that was just my thought yet I thought it could be cool at the same time.
Other than that, English translate pls and OMG HF for free! (Might actually buy it)

2 Likes

Doesn’t “Harvest Festa for free” scream out that they cut a bunch of stuff from the original ?

At least Kagari’s getting more CG’s though, not enough love for her :slightly_smiling:

And EYYY additional sprites ! We can finally see Nagai ! (Hopefully)

1 Like

…what?

3 Likes

And a new thing to pre-order.
I guess the prototype version on PSVita had the voice acting, so what I’m excited for is only the new CGs I guess

I mean since Harvest Festa is included for no extra cost. Doesn’t that mean that they most likely cut stuff from the original ?? I mean, I doubt that Harvest Festa would just be given for no extra cost without having stuff from the original be cut, right ?

I wouldnt be suprised to include HF for free, because 1) Rewrite anime and probably the “celebration” of rise of Rewrite and remaking it into Rewrite+ 2) It is a good marketing stretegy because, most likely the people that are going to buy Rewrite+ are the ones that already have Rewite. That’s why if someone actually only wants the remake they might think of something like “Oh I get a HF too? Awesome, profit!” so I think the money-thing is balanced because they have already (dont forget I said most likely) paid for it once :).

2 Likes

That logic doesn’t make sense…? It’s software, so they can release it at any price point they want and it wouldn’t cost them much more to include extra content because, well, no money is spent in creating new content, and the extra DVDs they put it on cost next to nothing

1 Like

For context, a blank DVD costs about $0.45 wholesale where I live, and that’s without the bulk discount you’d no doubt get if you bought a few thousand at a time :stuck_out_tongue:

Throwing in Harvest Fiesta is likely a way to sell it to people who already bought the original, and who can’t justify paying full price for a couple of relatively minor additions. Little Busters! EX had several new routes, so that’s a much easier sell.

…Gosh darn it. >.>

I’m so excited for this, but at the same time 8800 yen (roughly $81 USD) is a lot for me. I’m definitely not going to get this Day 1, but getting this will definitely remove the need for me to import Harvest Festa. And if this does come to Steam, all the better. I just hope it isn’t going to be more expensive than CLANNAD. >.>

Glad they`re not completely redrawing all the CGs (despite the fact that some do need a fix).

I think Rewrite is way too complicated for my actual level of Japanese, so I will probably buy it some years later.

I already own both the original and HF but I’m buying this at launch anyway because I’m dumb

9 Likes

I don’t own Harvest Festa yet, but even if I did…yeah, I’ll be putting in a preorder.

1 Like