Rewrite Harvest festa! - Chihaya Route Discussion

Discussion topic for the happy-go-lucky route of the equally happy-go-lucky character, Chihaya Ohtori’s route from Rewrite Harvest festa! Everything from Rewrite and from this route can be discussed without spoiler tags, but make sure to reference any information from other routes and other series with the appropriate [spoiler] tag.

How would you rate this route?

0 voters

This was a very very fun route and, more than anything, it felt like an extension of the common route. Not that I have any complaints because Rewrite’s common route was the best!

It reminds me just how much of a good ending Chihaya’s route had compared to all the other routes, in that none of the other characters were negatively affected by it. I guess this is why this sort of common route feel works the best in this route.

And in the end, they still are able to make this a Sakuya thing more than a Chihaya thing :laughing:

After reading that, I honestly thought that (—) was sakuya; perhaps the unknown person was Kagari?

My initial thought after reading it the first time was that

(Chihaya HF)

// I’m trying to think of who this is speaking… At first thought, Gil and Pani come to mind because of the use of “so I was useful…”. However, I somehow feel that the sense of “controlling the aurora” goes a bit deeper here. ~Gnash
// Maybe it’s Kagari after giving Sakuya back enough aurora to return once more? To be part of his family for a while longer before heading off to his last fight? Idunno… Fun to think about anyway. ~Gnash

Since then, I pretty much think of it as

(Chihaya HF)

Since most of the routes in Rewrite take place in the “alternate timelines” explored in Moon, I think this was merely Kagari looking at a possibility, seeing happiness and life in one of those brief moments, and allowing it to continue. The thing to remember is that this whole speech takes place in this timeless transition to the Moon, where time is irrelevant, and all versions of Sakuya converge. I think of it as this one moment of absolute clarity for Sakuya, who fought so hard before the last Salvation, and has been working to repent for his failure the entirety of this cycle. He sees all that he has accomplished, all that can be accomplished, and is able to have a few words with the being who is making that possible. Idunno, it’s a thought anyway.

1 Like

Chihaya HF + Rewrite spoilers
Well, it’s definitely not Kagari; the wording is completely wrong. Your first guess of Gil and Pani seems the most likely. When he says the world would have ended without —, Sakuya is referring to how Gil and Pani diverted aurora away from Mega Sakuya, so that he could be defeated. This persona is more knowledgeable than Gil and Pani as we know them, but there are things about them that are never told outright.

After reading that phrase again, I guess you’re right. The biggest clue was “He asked me how I felt about my life”. Did Kotarou ever ask that to Gil and/or Pani during Chihaya’s route? It’s been so long that I no longer remember

Well, it wasn’t in the scene where Gil sacrifices himself, and I have no idea where else to look; so, I’m just gonna assume it’s in there until proven otherwise.

1 Like

This scenario is pretty much just slice of life. And like the original, Chihaya doesn’t really get any focus at all. What I remember the most is Inoue because she is awesome. It’s cool to read about Sakuya talking to Gil in the Aurora and Kotarou growing old, but there are not too many memorable moments.

1 Like

I’ve liked this route for what it have us.
It may not be as deciding as Kotori’s HF route, or as powerful and deep as Kagari’s HF route, it was still enjoyable to read. But yes, I might state that I’m a fan of Chihaya… and I don’t consider her to be completely ignored in either original route, or here.
A lot of focus was on Sakuya, and specifically on Sakuya & Kotarou’s relations and destiny in the original route, but here we’ve got a bit more of slice of life.
Seeing all of the characters interacting once again was fun. Inoue was mostly brilliant in this route.
I find some of the jokes made to be rather questionable, but whatever… Scene in the park, and then scene at home in the evening between Chihaya and Kotarou were good.
Tonokawa tried a bit too much to distance himself from Lucia’s route… so much, that it was getting inside of the actual work :smiley: Well, I can understand his sentiments.
To some extent this route explains why Chihaya’s route was never a truly happy end for the world… Though, I’m sure it was already understandable from the original work. A dialogue with Gil and Pani at the very end was right on spot.
Ah, right… Monologues of an old-man Kotarou were good written as well.
Chihaya is still a good girl. And she finally can actually walk her own life’s road. Her questioning about shall she do smth or not shifted from being solely out of being ignorance, or indecisiveness to the simple reassure of oneself… < this one sentence is kinda hard to read. She did grow, she did change. She is not a mere doll anymore.
And on this happy note I’ll end this post :smiley:

1 Like