Rewrite - General Discussion

I would say it definitely has some commentary on the foolishness of war but I’m not sure if I would call it satire. I think Rewrite’s messages focus more on the positives of what humanity can accomplish when we stop being dumb rather than strictly a criticism of the negatives, although it certainly does so through first expanding greatly on the downsides of war and related foolishness.

1 Like

It’s this interpretation of mine okay?

In rewrite they are a lot of people saying the contradicting rules of Kotarou’s powers and how can he stay alive in some routes when in other rules states that he is alive for something explained in Kotori’s rule.

Kotori’s route rules Kotarou is alive thanks to having Kagami’s ribbon, on his body, which connects him to the Power Spot, and being a familiar to Kotori. When Kagami died, the link to the Power Spot was broken, Kotori and Koutaro was starting to lose their life force, because one person can only support one life.
Also about Kotarou losing his power, couldn’t have been by a psicological reason? Nagai/Tsukuno lost her powers from losing her self-esteem, but in Kotarou’s case he didn’t have that much self-esteem himself, he was just talented and never gave up giving him his blood manipulating powers, but in retrospect we can see that Koutaro didn’t lost his power before because he was clinging to it, even though he complains about it, but in this route ending he decided to stop relying on his cheat like abilities and finally let it go.

Shizur’s route rules Kotarou died again, but Kotori transfered her link to Shizuru so she was the one giving him lifeforce to stay alive, I have to suppose that Shizuru has more lifeforce than the avarage person, considering that she is a superhuman who has self regenerating powers. At the end Kotarou rewrote his linked part from her to be human again and started dying again, but rewrote his entire body to be a being who can’t die that easily and also being able to withstand the salvation.

Chihaya’s route rules Even when the power spot was totally consumed by Super Sakuya Kotarou was still alive and he was still alive after Kagari returned to the Power Spot, well, I can say that because the ribbon is still inside his body, he is somewhat connected to the Earth lifeforce, but I want to belive that is because he rewrote his body so much that the injury he got from Kagari in the past couldn’t kill him.

Lucia’s route rules Even though Lucia destroyed the power spot, Kotarou was still living and kicking and he even was able to use his aurora, I think the reason is similar as in Chihaya’s route case, in this route he rewrote his entire body to be able to live with Lucia, his body doesn’t have an injury nor the link that connects him to Kotori/Kagami. In the poisoned enviroment, Kotarou’s lifeforce was really high so it’s more than posible for him to release aurora instead of blood.

Akane’s route rules In this route, Kagami truly died at the end by Kotarou’s hand and only after that he started to lose his powers, but not only that, he was also feeling that he was consuming his lifeforce when rewriting in this route, meaning that the connection with the Earth was weaking due to Kagami being on the verge of death. I also considered that Kotarou rewritten himself many times in the 1-2 years gap, specially his aurora removing his injury from 10 years ago.

Resume of that monster text abvove (most routes spoiler) I say that the injury on his body dissapears due to him rewriting himself a lot, only in Kotori’s route he didn’t do the full body rewrite, and him losing his powers in Kotori’s route is a psicological cause.

I have ended the game from several months but I am stil amazed what seems a lack of popularity compared to other games of Key. Except reviews, there is very little information or maybe those are the anime of others games which made them know ?

Even so, by curiosity, does someone knows a bit about the story of drama CD (“Searching for a little happiness”) who was released with the PSP version and the Official Another Story Illustration Novel of Zen ?

Some pictures can be found on internet but they seem a little odd chronologically like Lucia in another uniform (even if it is still possible with a flashback) or Touka playing darts in front of Kotarou and Kotori. So they are probably side-stories.

I’ve listened to one drama cd about Kotori finding an old coin collection, and deciding to keep it instead of selling it for a shitton of money because she’s adorable like that.

Of the games, I’d say Rewrite is the second most popular, behind Litbus.

[quote=“HeliosAlpha, post:191, topic:37, full:true”]
I’ve listened to one drama cd about Kotori finding an old coin collection, and deciding to keep it instead of selling it for a shitton of money because she’s adorable like that.[/quote]
Thank you, I really hope they will make some changes to give more screentimes for Kotori in the anime, as happened in Little Busters for the other heroines. She deserve it.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:192, topic:37”]
Of the games, I’d say Rewrite is the second most popular, behind Litbus[/quote]
I am surprised, I thought it was Clannad.

Well, I try to live in a world where Steam doesn’t exist. Before that release, CLANNAD was nowhere near Rewrite.

Well, the VN aren’t well known, especially compared to anime. I heard about the adaptation of Clannad and Little Busters before to know that these were games.
Furthermore, I read that Rewrite is sometimes critized because it is different from other Key games and many people do not like change, but it seems, fortunately, be a minority opinion.
In all cases, it will soon reach a new audience with anime, at least in the public outside of Japan.

Nah, it’s because it felt incomplete and wasn’t well made or organized.

Rewrite is the Key game for people who hate Key though.

I always thought that award went to planetarian

Whoops, I forget that thing even exists. planetarian is more the intro-level Key VN imo. It’s still very Key though.

Woke up in the middle of the night to a new Rewrite PV for the new VN being published. Oh boy, good luck to me for falling asleep again.
Coming July 29th, 2016
(P.S. The PV is the exact same as the other Rewrite VN PV. Only difference is the last CG) so I’m guessing no new art. Just a new cover merchandise art.

minute too late damn, was too busy finishing up steins gate but yeah super excited for this, hope they make a release of this in english. http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite/ link for all the new info and https://www.facebook.com/VisualArtsUSA/photos/a.1407911016193723.1073741828.1403703943281097/1582824652035691/?type=3 for general english rundown of whats up.

Never mind. There’s new art on the official website for the Rewrite page. And wow it looks stunning and interesting. (Specifically talking about the Kagari CG).

1 Like

I just hope that this has fully voiced Kotarou on every route

Yay, that saves me time. The only things on the official page not mentioned is additional voices(Kotarou is not addressed) and the Inoue sprite(I’d be more shocked if they didn’t include that).

I wonder what voice clips they added, lol I would love a voiced segment of tomoko the untold story.

I just hope that they add more sprites and more voices

I want Shimizu to be voiced

They said over 500 new voice files were added; if Kotarou were fully voiced, I’d imagine the new voice files would range over a thousand

2 Likes

well at least we can hope for fully voiced Kotarou in…lets say…Moon or Akane

1 Like