Rewrite Anime General Discussion

You have a really good point right there. I think u might change my mind. But just a point of clarification, they used Rewrite once I think in the moon arc of the anime.

Ah yes, I mustā€™ve forgotten about that. I do vaguely recall the vocal version being used at the climax of the moon arc.

I was really hoping that they would remaster it like Philosophyz and used it as the OP for the 2nd season. Instead we got that song thatā€¦ Iā€™ve already totally forgotten at this point. But what can you do I guess.

2 Likes

Do you mean daisy memory or Last Desire?

Yeah it was Last Desire. I thought the chorus was pretty forgettable. Though that might just be my unpopular opinion seeing as the song already has around 550k hits on youtube.

Daisy memory was the ED theme for moon wasnā€™t it? Itā€™s a fantastic little arrangement, not gonna forget that one anytime soon.

1 Like

Like Eivver, I preferred the anime opening for the same reasons.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the Rewrite anime soundtrack will be released on iTunes?

Minor questionā€¦ (With two paragraphs of lead-in.)

Iā€™m as much of a critic of the Rewrite anime as the next guy, especially being such a diehard fan of the VN. They did so much wrong with it that I donā€™t even have the patience to list of the reasons. But I do have the patience to list the two things I think it did right. Of course, theyā€™re both in the second season. One is of course their choice to include some of the arrange album tracks, which were all amazing and including them was a great decision.

The second one is a bit longer of a story.
Thereā€™s not much I personally fault Rewrite for. I realise that a lot of what it does is very hit-and-miss, so I can understand people not liking it so much - or even at all - but it was all hits in my case. Pretty much the only thing that jumped out at me in the VN that I wished they had done differently was Jasmine. I really wish they had developed her character more. And, surprisingly/amazingly, thatā€™s exactly what the anime did, and I really appreciated it.

So, to get to my question, were the changes in the scenario to include more development of Jasmineā€™s character part of the minor scenario changes introduced in Rewrite+, or was it an anime-exclusive change?

2 Likes

Hi~! Iā€™m here to give my opinion about Rewrite anime. It may be strange, but I really loved the show and this anime is one of my favorite. Maybe because I havenā€™t played the VN yet but the story was really great and the relationship between Kagari and Kotarou was fabulous. The OST is one of my favorite ever and the original songs are awesome. Itā€™s true the anime could have been way better but Iā€™m really satisfied with it and I donā€™t think there will be a remake anyway. I just hope they will adapt the other heroineā€™s route later like they did with Tomoyo and Kyou.

3 Likes

Rewrite Season 2 - The ability and will to carve open a new path to the futureā€¦ Even if you must consume your mother planet to do it, you all must reach out to new frontiers.

Rewrite will profit with a remake in 2024.

1 Like

Itā€™s been around a week since I watched Rewrite Season 1, and I think all of us can agree that itā€™s not very good. However, instead of talking about whatā€™s wrong with it, I want to talk about how I would have done it.

First off, I would have made it longer, around 24 episodes, in order fix the pacing issues. I would also write it with alternate timelines in mind, with each of the main routes being the focus in each timeline. It would be similar to how the Higurashi anime works. A small detail I would add is that, during the scene where Akane wants to clarify Kotarouā€™s answer for the ā€œChange the world or yourselfā€ question, we donā€™t see Kotarouā€™s answer or Akaneā€™s reaction. That way when that scene is brought up during a main route, it can be the answer that it needs to be.

The first route that should take place, in my opinion, should be Luciaā€™s. One, because sheā€™s best girl, and two, since her route doesnā€™t really have that much to do with the overarching story, it would be best to get it out of the way as soon as possible.

After Luciaā€™s route, the timeline should reset and have an episode focusing on Inoueā€™s dissappearance and the forest scene. Afterwards, either Kotoriā€™s route or Akaneā€™s route should follow.

After those routes are finished, there should be an episode that focuses on Pani and Gil, since they have roles to play in the last two routes. Once that episode is finished, the following episode should have an indicator that the forest scence episode happened, and then either Chihayaā€™s or Shizuruā€™s routes.

I know that my version isnā€™t perfect, but I honestly believe that this wouldā€™ve been better than what we actually got.

1 Like