Rewrite Anime General Discussion

Nice poster for the next season!

3 Likes

I’d like everyone to keep in mind that this image hasn’t been promoted officially, and it’s origins are a bit unclear for now.

Edit: It’s been confirmed now.

3 Likes

New CM [MOON SPOILERS]
(rip from the original upload of Aniplex since they don’t like sharing with the world at all)

6 Likes

xD Can I say “Bad Aniplex”? Or no? But jokes aside this is too short but it seems like they would follow it okay-ish. I do hope they can stay at least consistent but that’s just something we should hope about. As well the background seems pretty nice and there’s some expansion to some stuff… I won’t spoil but, ya know the thing below Kagari, compared to the VN which is small, this looks bigger by comparison, more noticeable too. At least in my eyes. >-<

Rewrite’s anime Moon/Terra-arcs PV just been released.
You can watch it on the link here:
https://twitter.com/otakunews01/status/814125985251655680

If anything… it doesn’t look bad. I’m excited to see after story for KotaKoto and everyone else… even in bits.
Beware all of you who haven’t read the VN. There are some spoilers. Well… Of course they are there.

Video is unavailable for EU regions

I suggest you to open the tweet itself and watch the video embedded into it.
Should work then.

Update.
Reuploaded it on youtube.
You can watch it here:

3 Likes

Looks about like I expected. I presume this’ll be a good watch.

Not much of a surprise but Crunchyroll announced the simulcast http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/12/28/crunchyroll-to-stream-second-season-of-rewrite-anime

2 Likes

it seems like the first episode will be a mix of every existent route and even HF, i hope we can see every final moment of the routes animated !the hype is real¡ :michioh:

I presume the first episode will be about Kotarou trying to figure out what’s going on around him. Sensible. I kinda expected something a bit different, but this is still looking interesting. :yukismil:

Well, he sort of did a similar thing in the original.
I just wonder if the 1st ep is going to be standard 30 mins long or a whole hour special…
Or they may go about it the way they did with Grisaia: start a season with an OVA-like episode.

It was nice to see some of the after-stories, bits of Harvest festa! and beyond it… but it would be a disaster if they cramp everything in ~21 mins.

The scenes from the heroine routes looks like they’re just going to be tiny vignettes springing from Kotarou’s memories time by time… well, except for the Kotori scene. I can see the pacing becoming a bit cramped, but including all the events shown in the PV seems possible in one regular first episode… at least to me. :yahaha:

Considering, that it was like an instant flashback for Kotarou in the VN… I mean, he understood what that thing by Kagari’s feet is after he actually touched it. And when he did so he 1st died, then ressurected, came again, saw some things that he had knowledge of… Specifically, heroine rotues + some of other lives.

All in all, I am just trying to make my expectations as low as possible. We have a precedent of the 1st season.
I doubt that the 2nd season would be much better.

3 Likes

Dengeki has new information on the rest of Rewrite BD & DVD volumes. Seems like volume 8 and 13 will contain a PC game, probably the continuation from volume 4.

Source: http://gs.dengeki.com/news/89926/

Edit: Hmm, actually this news is kinda old since I found an earlier posting date from another site…

1 Like

Interview on Kai the writer of Rewrite Anime on nizista(Japanese)

I think he didn’t say much information in this, but I think his way of thinking on the original game is interesting.

Picking up some information

• The second season is based on the orignal game, but they made effort on making it more understandable.

• Word of Dawn, the lyrics of which he wrote, he try to put words which he doesn’t use like 翠影 trying to express the worldview of Rewrite. He also try to make some connection to End of the World which was composed by Jun Maeda.

• He said the key point of the 2nd Season is how Kotarou pursue possibility, which does not necessarily mean the growth of the protagonist. He thinks the theme of Rewrite is where they can expand the possility and what they chose to do that and he wants the audience to find the strength of humanity.

I deeply agree with his idea on the theme of Rewrite. I wonder why the 1st season became a bit awkward.
From the interview I felt some hope for the 2nd Season. I wish my expectation wouldn’t be betrayed…

4 Likes

@waravim
So in other words, he believes the core theme of Rewrite is expanding the possibilities of humanity’s future (survival), even at the sacrifice of one person’s own future? Something like that?

1 Like

@Aspirety
I think it can be interpreted in that way. His remark is ambiguous, so I can’t conclude.
I’ll quote his whole remark to be fair.

主人公・瑚太朗の、成長とは違う“可能性の追求”というテーマが見どころですね。ロミオさんが、ゲームの頃から「『Rewrite』はループものにしたくない」と言っていたんですよ。
「『Rewrite』はループもの」と言う方もいるんですけど、結局のところ『Rewrite』っていうのはすごいSFであり、「可能性をどこまで広げていくか?」というテーマの作品で。その可能性の中の「何を捨てるか?」という選択が最大のテーマになっているので、そういった“人の強さ”を感じ取ってもらえれば、と思います。

Personally, I didn’t take it in that way. What I agreed is choice is the main theme of Rewrite and I suspect it doesn’t decide which to take human possibility or personal life. The work only shows a way of life and selections.

In the end of terra route, he was still wondering his choice was collect, he seems to regret betraying and killing many kind peopple and only hope his choice he finally made casts a ray of hope on humanity.

2 Likes

5 hours to go! I’ll be on Discord if anyone wants to watch with me.

2 Likes

Less than 1½ hours to go. Just wanna say…

Gratia Domini nostri cum omnibus vobis.

2 Likes