Rewrite Anime - Episode 15 "Honeymoon Over a Silent Ocean"

Discussion topic for the 15th episode of the Rewrite anime which premiered on the 21st of January, 2017. All references to outside works and to future episodes must be tagged with a [spoiler] tag.

You can view the series on:
Crunchyroll in North America and Australia
Akibapass in Germany
Daisuki

What would you rate this episode?

0 voters

1 Like

Innocence Eye from NanosizeMir What a Beatiful Song! .I’m gonna looking forward full version.
I’m glad to see you again YOSHINO.

That was absolutely beautiful. Now that I made sure that newcomers are not welcomed to watch the anime… I can enjoy seeing my favorite VN being animated to please the fans!
I expected them to do better in this season, but they’re even doing better than I thought! Now I feel bad for now hyping this season well enough.

They did a great job animating this part of moon. The VN had so much to talk about in this part to the level that I thought that animating it was impossible, yet it was beautifully done.
(Well, you can clearly see that they’ve burned all the budget on the first episode lol)
Also I really think they are using the OST way better in this season. I kept complaining how they poorly used the beautiful OST Rewrite had, but not anymore!

I’m hyping the rest of the season from now on!

4 Likes

God damn, another fantastic episode. I’m amazed at how much they’re cramming in here without it ever feeling rushed! They made time for all my favourite scenes.

Wonder if they’ll finish Moon next episode, or give it two more?

5 Likes

Feelings: This episode might be the feeling of taking LSD and meth at the same time. I think I crashed. Or maybe it’s just the chilly weather right now, but now I could neither think straight nor write straight after that episode. I don’t know if that’s a good thing or a bad thing.

Thoughts: I know very well that Moon Route in the VN was one hell of a trip-fest, but here they somehow managed to make it really really trippy. I’m somewhat mixed on how they portrayed the Miracle Adventure scene (I found it a bit overloaded?), but the definition-of-terms scene (forgot the title of that scene in the VN) somehow worked for me.

I’m glad the story took a breather by introducing the date scene. It was in the visual novel, sure, but it at least helped me by keeping my brain from being fried by too much information. The dance scene was pretty limited in animation (speaking of which, the episode’s art took a fairly big downgrade here), but it was nice to see. It also helps that Runa Mizutani’s voice is beautiful.

And of course, because it’s Tenshou, the declaration of war scene is made more spectacular in the anime. I don’t hate it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly, glad to hear Nirinsou’s synth segments. Love that track.

4.25/5

Very slight differences from the VN, and some of it actually improved upon: what a beautiful episode! The Moon route is truly a delight to see animated.

A very pleasant episode. Both the sweet and the suspenceful moments were executed just right. Please keep this up.

While this seemed like an infodump episode at first, the amount of information wasn’t actually that high and it was mostly to the point. They basically revealed this:

• life needs love
  • aurora helps life exist
  • Kagari is trying to make life continue
  • Kashima Sakura wants life to end for good

I wonder how the anime-only viewers will react to this. Is this information sufficient?
For example, it’s been said that earth always dies in the end, but since the anime never showed Lucia’s route, it may be unclear what the end looks like.
Kotarou’s speech to Kashima Sakura was certainly kinda confusing. And that part about Kotarou getting sluggish when he’s up against familiars up until he makes his declaration, was that in the VN?

1 Like

I really enjoyed this episode very much. I’m very glad they animated some of the best scenes adapted from the VN that made me feel really good. The new arrangement of Hinagiku was very beautiful with those vocals and it certainly made my day. I felt my brain was going to melt with so much information that Kotarou was explaining about Kagari’s theory. It was very reminiscent that going through those scenes made me remember how I truly loved the Moon route. The dance may have felt short but it was nice to see Kagari and Kotarou having a good time together. Her smiling face was priceless. :smile:

Anyway, it was also nice to see everyone again for one last time with the gang. I ended up tearing up at that time so it was just that good. So far, I’m very excited how it’s going with this season so I’m looking forward to the next episode!

I like the chapter but cause the fast explanations there are so much comments in the anime pages with “What’s the hell is going on here?”,“This anime is so pretentious”, “Why the girls are alive?”… Even if I say then to play the VN the most don’t want to do it cause there is not a spanish version yet :komue:

That aside someone can explain how Koutarou bring the girls to the moon? I never understand that very well in the VN. :yahaha:

1 Like

Wow, I’m honestly amazed by this episode. There’s not even one major complaint that I want to make. They managed to get all the best scenes down, decent looking fights that don’t take you out of the moment, and even improve some things with that rework of the OST, while at the same time, actually nailing the atmosphere of moon, which must have been difficult. I think it’ll come together beautifully with Journey as the new OP, since they’ll be able to create the feels at the end of moon now.

This is the kind of episode I was looking forward to seeing all that time waiting for the anime to release, and for the first time since the first episode, I can’t wait for next week!

3 Likes

I only have a minor complaint but that’s mostly on the production area, but I can understand they can’t do much with the schedule but it looks decent, derps are noticeable but not overly bleeding. The CGI is also bareable by comparison, but that may be because it fits with the night shade and its not overly eye soaring.

This episode puts at least a lot of my worries away again, of course I was more talking about how they will do the acid trip, although quite a lot of inner monologuing but they crammed a lot of the content and we’re almost done with the route. I was really happy seeing even the dance moment, it was pretty worth it considering the song played was beautiful (heck vocals, love them so damn much), and the performance Morita gave in this episode was pretty fantastic.

They did wrapped up the entire point for Kagari and what she really wants when trying to work on the theory, I think a lot of anime onlies did not understand this because there’s a shit ton of philosophical stuff and information in this route and its a bit hard to digest (tho few amount of them understood what it is… surprisingly, but thats good), then again Moon was a bit hard to digest and consume as a route at first but its easier once you replay the route or rewatch the episode, if that makes sense. They just need to rewatch or replay it to get the idea what’s going on.

I actually mostly liked the final scene with the Occult Club members coming back again, especially with the before scene when Kotarou was crying, it makes me feel like wanting to hug my baby boy. Also the Yoshino x Kotarou bro-fist, omg that made me squeal, especially with Kotori smiling.

The OST arrangements for this are freaking beautiful, and I loved them so much that I want a release for these, and yes they made some new arrangements here as well from what I noticed… I want them. I want them so much.

Other than that, great episode.

1 Like

After being overloaded with information, I wonder if it is the Aurora Beasts that Kotarou uses against Kagari.
It seems more living that I thought.

If I remember well, yes. He hesitates without knowing why and lets to pass the monster.

Moon is one my favorite parts in the VN. It’s too good and straightforward to go wrong.
Do you guys think we will have a Rewrite opening/insert next episode?

I don’t really get it too but here’s a theory:

as Kotarou rewrite his mind and gain “power” to play music and make silhouette dancers, he also get a “way” to summon his allies from other world lines

It might sound strange, but the same “way” to summon has been used by Gaia to summon their Familiars/Monsters/Mamono from the city of stone and the same “way” is also used by Kashima Sakura to bring Familiars to assassinate Moon Kagari

that “way” needs a very high level intelligence (which explain why Moon Kotarou can do it) or a lot of research (which explain why Kashima can do it from Gaia’s research)

Also I understand that for anime only viewer none of these would make sense (like how they revived, and who is even Kashima Sakura), nevertheless, it’s a really good episode for me.

I wish they would finish Moon in 3 episode, cause Terra is pretty intense and will have a lot of actions based on the VN (lots of fighting and shooting, also shouting) and I want to see that.

2 Likes

Whoever the sound director is, they really stepped up their game because the music actually matched the scenes well for the most part.

3 Likes