Rewrite Anime - Episode 11 “Countdown”

Yes, I’ve noticed. And it still doesn’t change anything about her ribbons. Her ribbons which are tied to aurora and the usage of the planet’s life energy. Just because Kagari’s personality is different this time around doesn’t impact literally anything about Kotori’s obligation as a Druid or the fact that she still owes a debt to the earth itself. Kagari’s personality could switch every hour if they wanted, but that still shouldn’t impact anything about how the rules of functioning as a Key and using the planet’s life energy work.

The rules or details about the whole deal or whatever are extremely fuzzy. Kagari has no problem producing ribbons, so who is to say she can’t give them away as she pleases. A lot of Rewrite can be toyed with under the lable of “it’s beyond human comprehension.”

I don’t get the argument with healing ribbons.

In the original, Kotarou’s case, (Original, Kotori Route)Kotori inserted some of the ribbons from the Key into Kotarou’s body. However here it’s just used as some bandage (albeit given what Kagari is, that’s some expensive bandage…) and is shown as used on Lucia’s body.

While it’s true the ribbons have supernatural properties, it’s not anything more special when it’s applied as bandage. You can argue because of the HF Invasion (lol) that Kagari is more than willing to giving some out, but aside from that I don’t see that as anything as important as in the original Kotori route.

2 Likes

It’s cool that the only girls who has yet to join the Kagari faction r Akane and Sizuru, whose route are locked at the beginning of the VN lol

This episode is… Well… I am kind of disappointed that Lucia ended up alive. It makes the ending of eps 10 kinda pointless. I like Lucia a lot tho.

1 Like

That was pretty nice episode. I’m very pumped to see where it goes next.[quote=“HeliosAlpha, post:44, topic:3192, full:true”]
The rules or details about the whole deal or whatever are extremely fuzzy. Kagari has no problem producing ribbons, so who is to say she can’t give them away as she pleases. A lot of Rewrite can be toyed with under the lable of “it’s beyond human comprehension.”
[/quote]

Pretty much this. There’s not much point in discussing Rewrite’s lore and rules, because the original VN itself had glaring inconsistencies and contradictions. Hell, even Romeo’s routes had some stuff that had to be retconned on later routes. As far as I’m concerned the anime is pretty much doing it’s own thing with it, which is just what Rewrite needs, as long as the writers make it consistent this time around. It’s just a shame we’ll probably not get most of the route-exclusive content, especially Lucia (then again, while her route was awesome, it had quite literally nothing to do with anything).

2 Likes

It’s like in this anime they were making some kind of division with the girls in each faction, with two of them (Chihaya and Lucia) retiring relatively early from the fight and the other two will probably have to carry on with the weight of the “drama” in the last episodes.