Poll: Which of Key's works is the saddest?

Don’t listen to them!

THIS is the truth and nothing but the truth. Make sure to read the bad end in Kud’s route.
The happy parts of her route were heart-warming and the sad parts made you feel incredibly powerless.

And I still think that Kud is the most suited girl for Riki…

Same here.

The bad end in Kud’s route is easily one of the most depressing pre-semifinal route moments, and quite possibly one of my favorite bad ends in Key.

Haruka bad end, doe.

2 Likes

Close second.

Bad ends aren’t canon and I don’t have to read them ;~;

Though isn’t the premise of the anime that Riki got their bad ends over and over “countless times”? asdfghfjj the whole premise of the secret of the world is so damn sad.

Yeah that’s how they represent starting the routes over. They’re basically canon in the VN because of the secret of the world.

1 Like

I think we talked about that sometime ago here: Individual routes having bearing on main story: significant or not?

I honestly like getting bad ends first, then good ends later. Gives more meaning to the good ends :3

2 Likes

Exactly.
Bad ends are an important part of the game and they’re supposed to be read.
Except in games like F/SN that have 40 friggin’ bad ends for no good reason.

I don’t normally read bad ends because they feel like a waste of time, but I DID go through all the F/SN ones IIRC. Gotta get those tiger stamps!

3 Likes

I guess I’ll never understand your way of thinking -_-

As the years passed I gave up on getting anything but the bare minimum out of a VN. There’s only so much time in the world.

[quote=“Takafumi, post:51, topic:811”]
I don’t normally read bad ends because they feel like a waste of time
[/quote] If I want to get through the game as quickly as possible, I might understand your way of thinking. But I’m kind of guy who goes for every single ending, even the bad ones. I got the bad ending for Kanon, every single bad ending in Brass Restoration, and all the ‘dead end’ and bad endings in Clannad: The Past Path. So to summarize…

[quote=“Naoki_Saten, post:52, topic:811”]
I guess I’ll never understand your way of thinking -_-
[/quote] ^ This. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, the bad ends of Clannad: The Past Path were fun. That was an incredibly short VN though, and those bad ends were hard to dodge sometimes.

Short is an understatement. A better description might be ‘unfinished’. That VN had the potential to be so much more, but I guess the guy who wrote it didn’t have the time to fully flesh out any routes other than Atsuko’s and, to an extent, Haruka’s. I mean, come on. I want to at least see Miwa’s route have a good ending instead of being a complete dead end. And what about Miu? Where’s her route? :’(

[quote=“Pepe, post:49, topic:811”]
I honestly like getting bad ends first, then good ends later. Gives more meaning to the good ends :3
[/quote] This a hundred times this, I’m one who loves bad ends in VNs I always go for bad end first if I can because to me it just makes the good end that much more worth it to know what “could” have happened if you were to screw up just makes the payoff all the better.

That and sometimes you get bad ends that are just fun because you get to see a side of a character you normally would never see. Case in point Makina’s bad end from Grisaia no Kaijutsu.

[quote=“Karifean, post:44, topic:811, full:true”]
The bad end in Kud’s route is easily one of the most depressing pre-semifinal route moments, and quite possibly one of my favorite bad ends in Key.
[/quote]Holy crap I just realized I never read Kud’s bad end. Because I thought I chose the bad end the first time, and then I didn’t want to go any screw up the experience when I ended up getting the good end…

Those were all hilarious tho… and you need to get them all to see LE anyway

Wait wait, what’s LE? I didn’t unlock anything apart from cool Tiger faces…

Last Episode? What version did you read?

Last Episode was only in Realta Nua