• Tomoyo After
  • Planetarian
  • Little Busters!
  • Kud Wafter
  • Rewrite
  • Angel Beats!
  • Charlotte
  • Harmonia

Because favorite does not necessarily equal saddest. Please use spoilertags and make sure context makes it clear what exactly you’re spoiling.

So given how much Key games and series are known for their ability to make even hard-hearted people cry, which do you feel is the saddest or most depressing or which made you cry the most?

For me, Tomoyo After (first release) takes this one. Truth be told I’ve never cried as much as when I watched the CLANNAD anime, but that was mainly because it was more or less the first time an anime had hit me that hard. Tomoyo After on the other hand… well, spoilers, it’s outright depressing. It’s what really made me realize that most Key games turn around and transform their sad endings into happy endings in the end. Tomoyo After doesn’t. The orb of light theory did make me feel a little better about the ending (thanks Taka) but it still stands as the saddest, most heart-wrenching story I have ever read. Still can’t believe they changed the ending on the rereleases.

3 Likes

I moved 103 posts to an existing topic: Poll: Which of Key’s works is the saddest?