Poll: Which of Key's works is the saddest?

and no just that moment, I mean: firs shock was masato’s farewell( my favorite character disapearing before my eyes! damn I was to shocked to even cry, then, the second strike the secret of the world unveiling(damn, that really came out of the blue for me :s, third strike kyousuke breaking down in tears(I was in the same state or worse than him, I couldnt even read well the dialoges and then, the knock out with the hospital scene and the credits rolling, first think i thought was damn u maeda!!! T_T psdata:thanks 4 solving my question and sorry about my english, it’s not my first languaje.

1 Like

Masato was great~ He spent all that time being a stupid kinniku-head, getting himself beaten up, acting like a fool. That’s a good friend.

2 Likes

I added it because this forum engine allows users to change their vote whenever they want, so maybe someone will make use of that eventually.

Little Busters! dominating once again. Can’t say I’m too surprised. Though wow, Planetarian outvoting Air, CLANNAD and Tomoyo After? Kud Wafter outvoting Rewrite and Angel Beats!? Didn’t see that coming.

3 Likes

I am really curious about that Kud Wafter vote. I wanna hear the reason why that person thinks so.

1 Like

LB Takes the cake for me, I was like a little baby near the end of refrain. Freaken Baseball can be so emotional man DX

1 Like

Sorry for this huge wall of spoilers. But I have trouble condensing my thoughts, especially after only just finishing LB! about two weeks ago.

Angel Beats! certainly has a HUGE amount of potential, but the anime and manga aren’t at all enough to judge it by, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see…

While CLANNAD was the first time I’d ever cried so much, I have to say it wasn’t because it was sad. Every time I can remember crying (except for Ushio’s death) actually was a happy moment so…

Little Busters! is the only choice.

First of all by the very nature of the whole premise, it is a very sad story. Every single route is sad (or at least it was supposed to be) because the reason behind all of it even happening is sad. And then each of them ends with “happy”, “resolving” emotion (kinda similar to what I was talking about with CLANNAD), with the exceptions of Yuiko and Rin.

Both of those of course are setting up for Refrain, especially and most obviously Rin. The feelings just keep building up: the confusion of sudden love; loneliness of missing a life-long friend; the terror of feeling like everyone, even Kyousuke who you look up to most, turning against you; the overwhelming suspense of the “secret of the world” with both Kyousuke and CHEAP TRICKS; the fear of being on the run; everything starts to crash down; the REGRET (one of my favorite tracks);

And they continue to build up in Refrain: the horror of having to see Rin in the state that she is; the horror of seeing Kyousuke in the state he is in; having even Masato and Kengo reject you, being alone again; Masato’s chapter and being reminded of what an amazing way he’s a friend; Kengo’s chapter and slowly starting to realize all the emotions they’ve been struggling with, to realize what’s going on; Kyousuke’s chapter and now suddenly having to hold the huge weight of every single moment of the the VN and its importance;

And then Faraway starts to play and all those emotions, the huge weight that had been building up the whole time starts to crack; Masato disappears; more cracks; Kengo disappears; more cracks; AND THEN IT BREAKS. “NO! I love you more than you will ever love me!” Kyousuke starts crying and it all came crashing down. And it wouldn’t stop. All the way through the last look at the school, until Kyousuke disappered, it wouldn’t stop.

And then the whole crash scene happens and it all starts building up again. “RUN.” Its getting heavy. Rin’s scene, realizing all the friends she lost. Only One Magic World plays. Komari on the rooftop. Still building up. Hospital. Silence. Rin: “Yokkata…” …And Song for Friends starts to play. And it all comes tumbling down all over again. They lost everything. But they are strong.

And thats why it was enough.

5 Likes

This just made me think… I think the anime of Little Busters Refrain actually presented the sadness of the situation better than in the VN. It was those scenes of Kyousuke in the rain, I’m telling ya!

2 Likes

wait who the hell read kud wafter

Angel Beats has the saddest story.
It was raped so brutally, on screen too! Maeda-kun was crushed.

4 Likes

I was wondering about that too and voting for it as the sadest is just weird. As far as I know, it had like one or two kinda sad moments, but overall it’s just about how horny Kud is. Well, that in itself is kinda sad to hear about a Key VN.

3 Likes

You do raise a good point. It was sad in its own special way…

[quote=“EndOfRefrain, post:31, topic:811”]
overall it’s just about how horny Kud is.
[/quote] Then what is the all-ages version about?

How horny Kud would be if allowed.

10 Likes

That’s disheartening. It sounds like one of my earliest attempts at writing an original story. Eugh.

I’m beginning to lose hope for Kud…She looks so cute, but everyone says her routes are crap… :frowning:

I thought her route in LB was the saddest character route in LB. Too bad people hate it for the Deus Ex Machina, which makes sense once you know about the secret of the world

1 Like

[quote=“Pepe, post:36, topic:811”]
I thought her route in LB was the saddest character route in LB.
[/quote] I heard some people telling me her route made no sense at all. If there are any redeeming qualities about her route, then I’ll still play it.

Heck, I’ll still play it even if it completely sucks, because I like the short girls in Key games. :3

It was ok I dont think it was bad at all but it is true that the ending made no sense until you finished Refrain.

I hated it because it didn’t live up to my expectations at all (first route of Litbus I read.) Key are great, so I go into Litbus expecting great. Kud’s route fell short, and it did a good job of telling me that the rest of the VN will follow suit. I had no problems with the other stuff; Her route makes enough sense even without any information from outside of her route - It just wasn’t great.

The anime did it better imo. It had a better focus than in the VN.

It was sad to see her being chained underground. And it made me cry shitloads when Riki finally got to see her again. I know that “crying factor” isn’t the best way to determine the quality of a story, but it did what it was supposed to do, IMO :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

To sort of spin this back on topic, I think, individual stories considering, I’d have to chalk up saddest to be either Kud’s or Makoto’s route… Or, once again, planetarian

This made me laugh probably way way more than it should have.

5 Likes