Planetarian - General Discussion

Not going to lie, reading this post really made me want to reread Planetarian all over again. Glad you loved it buddy. :smile:

1 Like

Ika, no one is going to harass you over relating to a fictional character - robot or not. That would just be hypocrisy on a whole new level. Youā€™re supposed to love Yumemi because, itā€™s like Pepe said, sheā€™s more human the the Junker; thereā€™s even a music track called Perfectly Human.

3 Likes

or is it Perfect Human? either way it works

1 Like

Glad you liked it so much, Ika. Its always great to see someone new get to dig into such a great story, that, however short, still contains so much meaning.

Hope youā€™ll go listen to the 3 side stories now, those are all just a great. Might wanna leave a little bit of time for planetarian to set in first, though.

Not to take away from the emotion of it all, but we do have to remember that she is only awake for less than a week per year. Still a really long time to be alone, always hoping that, just maybe someone might happen to show up this time.

4 Likes

Make that 4 side stories!

Based @HeliosAlpha

**** rejoice*** *

1 Like

Ah I forgot about Snow Globe, youre right.

Admittedly, A Snow Globe is a little forgettable, haha. But the remaining three are all amazing.

I have one problem about Planetarian that when I start to read (or play) this visual novel, Itā€™s ask me what font do you like to display it? so I donā€™t know what is the true font of this visual novel. Can somebody tell me what is the true font is?

1 Like

I highly recommend MS Gothic as the font for reading planetarian but Iā€™m not sure what the ā€œtrue fontā€ is. The screenshots on the Steam store use MS Gothic so I believe you could say that is the expected font.

1 Like

Does anyone know what the overall theme of Planetarian is ? I have my speculations of what it could be, but I could be wrong.

It says on the back of the box, itā€™s about the planetarium.

I meant the overall theme. How LBā€™s overall theme was friendship, CLANNADā€™s was Family, Rewriteā€™s was Environment/Humanity, and etc.

Oh, and in other news, Planetarian is 66ā„… off on Steam. Deal ends on the 22nd. Buy it if you havenā€™t, its something worth knowing and playing.
WEEK LONG DEAL!
Save 66% on ā€œplanetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ā€

1 Like

Itā€™s probably faith and what it means to be human.

1 Like

Erase the idea from your mind that every Key game has a grand unifying theme. Itā€™s whatever the reader makes of it. What do you feel like the theme of planetarian was?

5 Likes

Yay! Iā€™m buying this for all my friends :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Planetarian is a very well interesting VN and the first kinetic novel I have ever read and I think I can appreciate how well I was hooked on and wanting to keep reading it without end. From what I read from earlier posts, there does seem to be a lot of religious significance comparing to Jesusā€™ life and how he had shown many of the qualities that Yumemi had displayed, even though she was a robot. The moment I had thought she was more than human was probably near the end of the VN and that Yumemi had to have been waiting for the Junker for all of those 30 years to come to the planetarium just so that he would come to understand that humanity had hopes and dreams of not only looking to the stars but to the many things that man had done to travel among the heavens itself.

This was really different from other Key games I have played and I really loved and understand that there is more to humanity and the way we live our lives would be according to how we view our self and others in the world we live in. To me, the theme of Planetarian was almost like humanity looked to the heavens and decided for themselves, how although lonely and insignificant we are in the world, we have so much potential that there are ways we can overcome hardships and trials, despite how in the VN where everything was bleak and dismal, that it took real faith for the Junker to believe that others could learn from Yumemi that the stars do inspire real hope for mankind and how we can share such hope for others.

5 Likes

Okay, I made a postā€¦ But I deleted it.
Reason being it wouldnā€™t let me mark the spoiler for some reason.
It shows up, but the text wouldnā€™t blur itself.

Iā€™ll abstain from posting it for nowā€¦ Although I donā€™t exactly understand why the spoiler marker isnā€™t working.

2 Likes

I have a ā€¦weird relationship with Planetarian.

It was the very first VN I read (or would that be KN?) and remains my favorite for sentimental, personal reasons. As I was just doing fan-stuff all the time, I think I latched really, really hard onto the idea of Yumemi and hope, and thatā€™s when I took Yumemi on a really bizarre, long ride that I donā€™t think is over yet.

I was in a really bad place at the time and besides Air, all I had was this KN and lots of time. I didnā€™t think I could be good at anything, soā€¦I thought I could at least be good at making more stories about this robot. Looking back on it I think Planetarian kind of saved my life, and as I wasnā€™t quite sure how to show my gratitude with this story that captured my imagination and made me cry out of something other than pain or bitterness for the first time in a very, very long time, wellā€¦

ā€¦this was well before I knew what Hoshi no Hito was actually about, so cut me some slack, everybody. Ahemā€¦

So, in my hands, Yumemi got her second chance and essentially became a legendary hero, and so did the Junker, coming along to help her because as much as I say about this hero stuff, she was more a symbol of hope, except this time instead of an audience of one she was trying to draw in everyone who could hear her. Fighting was never her bag, so it was the people around her who really made her strong and made what she did stick.

I guess it was all a really long-winded way of trying to say thank you, and Iā€™m still not stopping saying thank you. Thereā€™s a Yumemi and a Junker with different names and guises somewhere in everything Iā€™ve made after that point, all big eyes, big dreams, pure intentions and legendary exploits.

ā€¦then again so I did introduce some kind of dumb ideas along with the ones that stuck, like the Fiddler Crabā€™s systems basically giving the robot something akin to severe dementia and someone decided to meld their mind with it somehow and it drove them stark raving madā€¦

Ugh. I typed several paragraphs of what might possibly be absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Just finished Planetarian, I thought a short VN like planetarian couldnā€™t give me too much feels, planetarian showed me how wrong I was

What a beautiful VN, now I need an epilogue of what happens to the MC, I donā€™t know if the CD dramas are translated or not, I think Iā€™ll search it.

3 Likes

I do believe you can find fansubs for the first and third on YouTube, and if you can find the sound files, Kazamatsuri has subtitles to read in time with it for the second and fourthā€¦somewhereā€¦on YouTube.

2 Likes