Planetarian - General Discussion

#shamelessplug

http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-presents-planetarian-sound-novel-tircis-and-aminte-english-translation/

http://kazamatsuri.org/kazamatsuri-presents-planetarian-drama-2-jerusalem-english-translation/

All the drama CDs are available internationally on itunes, so if you’re up for it, feel free to throw some of your money at Key :wink:

7 Likes

I missed the live-stream…
And region locked too. Welp…

FML

1 Like

I just caught a grasp of what they were talking about on the last 15 minutes or so.

They released the opening and ending songs if I am not mistaken. They are Twinkle Starlight and Worlds Pain.

Also, @Pepe said that he would be doing a live-stream highlights blog post at some point.

2 Likes

World’s Pain is an image song, actually. Twinkle Starlight is the ending theme.

Both are good songs, although some would argue that Twinkle Starlight is not as representative of Planetarian’s themes and mood as they could be. ._.

1 Like

Dengeki G has given us some pictures from planetarian HD. I made an album of images enlarged by waifu2x, so you can actually see shit. For the image comparing the two versions, it’s old on the left and new on the right. They are making it really shiny for some reason. It looks awkward. Here’s the source. The texts says pretty much nothing we didn’t already know. http://dengeki-hime.com/2016/06/03/16742/

4 Likes

The new planetarian HD edition will be released on July 29, 2016. The special edition will include a planetarian art book, and the three drama CD of planetarian, namely ‘A Snow Globe’, ‘Jerusalem’, and ‘Hoshi no Hito’.

More info: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/product/planetarian/hd_edition

3 Likes

No Tircis and Aminte?
Hmm… Strange but seems legit. Tircis and Aminte is technically the one most loosely related to the core story compared to the others but it seems weird that they wouldn’t include every drama CD

Tircis and Aminte is included in the Hoshi no Hito disc. It was never sold individually.

2 Likes

Who’s this girl who’s always shown with Yumemi for fan-art ?

I believe that’s just an original character design by the artist of that fanart (Remotaro). In their fan-story she was one of the other robots working with Yumemi in the department store, so she isn’t really a canonical character, I believe :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve Pre-ordered it, hoping that there will be some way of adding SP’s translation to it. If there isn’t, well, shit.

Worse comes to worse, you can try and apply the original fan-patch to it? Though because of the way the game’s engine works, iit might cause a lot of bugs when you start playing it >_<

For the K.E.Y.:

In the world of planetarian, hope is nowhere to be found. Worn down by war, the few people left on Earth live only for the sake of living, doing whatever it takes to survive. The Junker is no different, until his enormously improbable meeting with Yumemi. Her good cheer, serenity, and gentleness—artificial though they may be—shine even brighter than the stars she loves. Almost against his will, the Junker finds himself being changed by her. After Yumemi sacrifices herself for him, he is an entirely new man.

My heart will always be warmed by Yumemi’s concern and care for others. As the story shows, such pure selflessness can touch even those whose hearts have grown cold, and I am grateful to Visual Art’s for giving people like me the chance to experience it.

4 Likes

Really nice! It’s kinda spoilery though, isn’t it?

This is the main topic for the planetarian kinetic novel: no problem with talking about it. Drama CDs are off limit though. People seem to make that mistake a lot but it’s in the first post.

Reading this now. I started it a bit ago but got distracted. Got much further this time. Seems like it’ll be pretty short, though.

1 Like

Planetarian is so short I usually recommend setting aside a Saturday evening or something and taking care of it in one session. It’s only like 4 hours so this is very do able unless you’re reeeally busy.

I actually just finished it today! It was a sweet story and I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Or be like me and read it while chilling at Biz’s granny’s place for the weekend. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wrote a thing about Planetarian and stuff. You’re welcome.

2 Likes