Planetarian - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Pre-release discussion and speculation for the upcoming Planetarian anime project! Use this topic to discuss your thoughts and predictions about the upcoming Planetarian anime adaptation. There are spoiler limits on anything outside of planetarian, so make sure to tag info from other series with [spoiler] tags. Why don’t you come to the planetarium?

8 Likes

I’m genuinely curious as to how they will adapt the original kinetic novel. It doesn’t sound hard to adapt it into a movie or even a six-episode OVA or something. I’m also curious as to who will be animating and/or doing the music. The Gentle Jena arrangement in the trailer was hype, and it sounds to me like they’re going to remaster at least part of the original soundtrack. I’ve already been hearing rumors of Production I.G. doing the animation, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

I think I can hear my little bro trying to read Planetarian in preparation for this…Maybe I should, too. :smile:

The hype is real.

3 Likes

Planetarian’s time has finally come after all these years. Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

This is gonna be interesting ! I wonder who’s planning the design for the Junker. Would be very interesting.
Finally Planetarian time has come ! We just need a Harmonia anime, then every Key work would have been adapted (excluding the spin off’s of CLANNAD and LB). I’m curious about the animation studio. There’s really no way to mess the Planetarian adaption up, unless the pacing is horrible.

I’m also interested if the original voice actor is gonna be voicing Yumemi. I mean, it’s been over 12 years. For all we know, her voice might not be the same

Pls don’t be Toei (remembering that Toei did the other 2 Key movies).

Was there any news to whether this was a movie or series ?

I think a series would drag it too long. A movie would be great though.

Well in the PV it definitely sounds like Suzuki Keiko and she even talked about it on twitter, too!

3 Likes

That’s great news then ! I just realized Suzuki Keiko also voice acted in a number of other key works, including Kanata and Haruka from Little Busters!, Shizuru from Rewrite, and Takafumi & Kanako for Tomoyo After.

Wow she’s amazing, since all of those characters are all different with different voices.

Her voice sounds a little older now from what she said in the Planetarian PV, but it’s been 12 years, and good thing she can still do her Yumemi voice :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The hype in me is absolutely impossible to contain.

1 Like

I remember saying that I was wanting to see Planetarian get an anime adaptation (if someone could find the post where I talked about it and post it here, that’d be great because I can’t find it). I thought that given how little material there was in the novel, I figured the best choice would be either a movie or a short 6-ep OVA, and that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

Planetarian movie wa ikaga deshou?
I cannot wait, I wish that they’ll do some exhibition for Planetarium like the one they did for Charlotte…
That’d be awesome

1 Like

I’m praying they adapt all 4 of the drama CDs too…

Having heard all of them and read the novel… Planetarian just doesn’t feel complete to me without every single one of it’s component parts. Jerusalem especially. That ending is one of my all time favourites.

2 Likes

Please

Please

Someone pinch me and tell me this isn’t a joke

I might die with uncertainty

1 Like

It most likely isn’t a joke.

1 Like

If it is a joke my monitor will have will have a swift hole punched through it

1 Like

Anyone have any speculation to what the Junker will look like and if they’ll actually give him a name?

There’s no need. He addresses himself as [ore] and Yumemi addresses him as [okyaku-sama].

1 Like

I’m definitely looking forward to this and I’m hoping that it will be at most a 2 hour movie (maybe 2.5 hours). Aside from that, I can’t wait to see Yumemi, the Junker and the Planetarian scene animated . :smile:

1 Like

I think my might have broken my phone from the diet coke I spat out laughing at this when I finally noticed.

GG.
Well played.

10 Likes

For some reason, the fact that it’s still March 31 here makes me more nervous about this being a joke than if it were April 1.

The visuals in the background looks beautiful (meaning Toei isn’t in charge of this).
Sadly, not KyoAni either because you can tell they like to make everything in the animation, beautiful, but the animation was a bit plain to be them.
My bet is on 8-Bit or P.A. Works.
8-Bit because you can kinda tell similar animation styles from Comet Lucifer and the PV.
P.A. Works because they need something to save them from Charlotte.
Wasn’t there something like “SF” in the preview ?

April 1st is always a big day for Key.
I doubt that this was fake. No one would waste money for animating something just for a joke.

1 Like