Rewrite - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

Hahaha oh wow, how could I forget that? That makes a great April 1st joke. Thanks for the reminder!

Well… No Rewrite PV then…

Shame. Now that Planetarian is announced, I’m finding it increasingly hard to stay hyped for Rewrite. My personal preference is strong in this, but if there was any time for a Rewrite PV it was today.

I feel like my excitement has taken a 180, and now that a series I have a greater preference for is getting the limelight, my devotion towards Rewrite is slowly fading more and more

The day has only just started. I wouldn’t rule out anything until the end of April 1st.

1 Like

As someone said on MAL, apparently the April 1st announcement was not only on the Rewrite website alone, it was also in the Dengeki G magazine article about Rewrite and at the AnimeJapan Rewrite booth. Why would you bring out Planetarian anime announcement only if every announcement was on Rewrite’s ground? Technically this could be another joke from Key and they will show us a preview, later today. I hope that’s the case but I can’t have any hopes right now… It’s a bit tiring.

1 Like

This is a classical April Fools’ joke - a certain girl gets a spin-off as a magical girl saving the day. For example, one year ago, a poster of Chino from GochiUsa dressed as such was made and a new anime titled as “Is the order a Magical Girl?” was announced. Despite it being a joke, a few months later they made a character song “Magical Girl Chino” and were selling CDs at Comiket 88.

So I think we can expect more Creamy Kagarin goods, sooner or later. She’s too cute to just leave it like that.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Planetarian - Anime Pre-Release Discussion & Speculation

So is the Creamy Kagarin a joke ?
Sigh… I was actually looking forward to it. I think the Creamy Kagarin game could be a good Fantasy RPG game. Not to mention Hinoue’s good fantasy design concepts.

1 Like

It most likely is a joke but who knows by the end of the day we might get a spin off game out of it.

1 Like

I’m not translating the whole page, but the writing has about the same level of sincerity as Biz’s article. Like it credits Kashima Sakura for the script, Esaka for the directing and Yoshino for the OP. It’s also not promoting a game/anime to begin with. It’s a weird screening of the three movies “announced”. They also make boob jokes about almost all the characters at the bottom. The only ones that aren’t included are Chibi and Chihaya; It’s obvious why Chibi is excluded, and Chihaya is a joke relating to HF.

7 Likes

That alone would make all of this worth it haha.

But hey, at least this joke is a lot deeper than just making random fun stuff. Creamy☆Kagarin is an actual thing that fans have been secretly looking forward to… At least, I know I have

There is an appropriate place where we can discuss this, you know:

I am the total opposite to be honest my first Key VN was Rewrite. I am excited to see this animated because I grew to love Key from all their anime adaptations which in my eyes were really good. Granted their are flaws with some but the one thing Key does right every-time is they know how to make a fun show for any newcomer to watch and enjoy the ride.

1 Like

I don’t like what the director said that the anime will take another path different from the VN…
Even if Romeo and Kai supervised it, I think the anime should be a good adaptation of the VN and not other thing that seems Rewrite but it isn’t.

Anyway I have still hope for Rewrite to be at least a good anime!

Actually, I’m a lot more interested in this “other path”. To be honest, adapting the VN into an anime is, well, really fucking difficult. Making a new story will make it both interesting and feasible as a linear anime.

But, the question is, (Rewrite Spoilers) Will they be able to include a path to good memories? True, there are many lines that Moon Kagari had tested, and perhaps the anime story is just one of them. But there is only one line that leads to good memories, and how will they handle that, I wonder.

3 Likes

Actually, this is almost exactly what I suggested in order to do a good adaptation of the VN. What makes Rewrite’s story? Moon/Terra. The problem everyone asks is how to adapt the 5 routes too, but that’s because everyone wants to see the VN copied into anime form. However, when you consider that the 5 routes were not really that important to the story because they are only a few examples of all the simulations Moon Kagari was doing, and what’s really important to the story is understanding the issues of Gaia vs Guardian, the Key searching for good memories, and the major plot twist that is Moon route, you really don’t need to adapt the routes directly as long as the information surrounding the problem is presented properly. I previously said they could make up a completely different story and it’d be reasonable because of the nature of infinite possibilities, but I’m surprised they are actually doing it to some degree.

Basically in my view, this indicates they have seriously considered the proper way to storyboard Rewrite into an anime, instead of the trap of being too inflexible with the adaptation (such as the trainwreck that was Grisaia). The other possibility is they’re just going to mess everything up and ruin the climax but I don’t want to think about that. Thus, to answer @Pepe’s question, I suspect there will still be Moon/Terra as we know it, but the events we see prior to Moon will be changed. It still makes sense as a “linear” story due to how Moon’s time works. So basically common -> new original route -> Moon -> Terra.

7 Likes

Good point, though they’re not really simulations per se. They legit happened in the story, and the branching timelines happened because of the high density of Aurora, afaik. It was the biggest explanation for the Kotarou on the Moon being the convergence of all the Kotarou in the timeline. Plus the bonds that he created in the branching routes were exactly the ones he needed to bring his Okaken friends to the Moon.

I’ll be glad to welcome the changes in the storyline, but if that means throwing away the stories in the VN that made Rewrite Rewrite, then that would be a waste.

Though I’m slightly nervous on how they’re going to pull this change off, it seems like they’re thinking these through very well, which should be a good thing.

My only wish is that in this so called ‘new path’, Lucia and Kotarou get together.

This has me really excited, and now I will do my best to finish the VN before the anime. If I read the VN right before the anime adaptation I know that I would nitpick the anime, but if it is more supplemental it would probably be more fun to have read it~

2 Likes

“New path”
More like “new thing to do because Aniplex only gave us 13 episodes for Rewrite so we need to use it for the best of our advantage” :kurumu:

Jokes aside, I hope that if this new path still goes into each heroine’s routes somehow, I really hope for sure it goes into Suizuru’s route. Her ending is beautiful. It’d be a missed opportunity to not hear Koibumi for the last few minutes of her route because of its beauty.

And hey, I hope we get more Kagari.
I mean, might as well represent her more if you’re going a new path…

Don’t look at the Rewrite OP2 after the anime PV. It’ll be disappointing, the PV…

BTW, is anyone capable of translating this interview about Rewrite ?

1 Like

Which would be funnily sad, considering that the character designer for the VN OP is currently the director of the series. :>

1 Like