Persona - Series Discussion

Wellllllcommmmmee, to the Velllvet Rooooooooooommmmmmm

This is the Persona thread! Talk about games, the music, the animus, the waifus, the lores, and how shit Yukari is.

And get hype for P5 cause you know.

Thread Theme Song: ‘Dance!’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnLIwC713hU

Please use common sense, and tag late game [spoiler].

1 Like

Koromaru best girl like you don’t even know.

2 Likes

I’M GLAD YOU ASKED

OH MY GOD YUKARI IS SO FUCKING SHIT.

Disclaimer: By request, a certain, PERFECT word to describe her, a word used to describe a female dog, has been replaced in all instances with ‘unkawaii pigdog’.

What is her god damn problem, from day fucking one she’s a total unkawaii pigdog, first off, the SHIT she gives Junpei, ok, yeah, Junpei is a tosser, I don’t even like Junpei, but she appears literally incapable of not shitting on everything he does, hey Yukari how’s that you completely flip the fuck when a shadow was attacking because AWW MUH TOO PATHETIC TO USE THE GUN I KNOW WON’T HURT ME while Junpei does it no problem, hey Yukari hows that Junpei realizing he had a problem, and overcoming it himself, did you do that? NOPE. Hey Yukari remember that time you completely ignored Junpei when he said ‘hey you stupid unkawaii pigdog, we will get beat the fuck up if we go there, those people have knives, and bats’ and she was like ‘HUUR STUPEI’, and theeeeen they almost got beat the fuck up! WHAT A SURPRISE. How about that time she spent a month saying ‘HEY DO YOU THINK MITSURU FORCED FUKA TO JOIN THIS IS MY OPINION YOU SHOULD AGREE WITH ME BECAUSE I’M RIGHT’ because she’s a self centered unkawaii pigdog who never thinks she’s wrong.

And that’s just the Journey, don’t even get me started on the time she was going to murder everyone.

What an absolute god damn toxic unkawaii pigdog.

3 Likes

Persona is okay. Usually it’s repetitive simple gameplay attached to a simple predictable storyline, but in 3 and 4 there are enough decent characters to make it work.

Persona 2 IS is my least favorite. No good characters, no good gameplay, and no good level design. The game hasn’t aged well, and the psp port doesn’t help at all.
Persona 3 is my favorite, though that isn’t saying much. You spend most of the game sleeping to skip forward, so that you can spend half-an-hour going through generic japanese action rpg levels that you’d find in Fate/Extra or .Hack//Link. The gameplay is, again, barebones simple and repetitive. The characters, while nice, are never developed to the point where I care for them… however I don’t understand the Yukari hate. She was nice and normal, and was key to finding out information at the beginning. Her, Yuko, and Junpei were probably the only characters I’d care a bit about. The others are either strange, violent, rude, or completely characterless.
The interaction scenes are nice, but they are all very short and don’t progress much. It just seems like a way for the creators to justify how long it takes to complete the game…
The music was okay though. Gotta give them that.

Didn’t get P4 because golden came out. Didn’t get golden because it’s on Vita. The anime was just awful, and the protagonist that they introduced was insufferable. I’d go watch a playthrough, but that’s time consuming.

A week ago I watched the first Persona 3 Anime Movie and now I really want to play both Persona 3 and 4. Been putting them off for way too long for a lack of accessability.

My only contribution.

I WILL BUURRNNN MYYY DREEEAADDDDDDD

I played P3…but I still don’t have any motivation to play P4…maybe because it’s not really “dark”…I LOVE DARK THEME STORY AND WATCHING PERSONA 5 TRAILER MAKE MY HEART DOKI2 TO THE MOON-----I’M GONNA PLAY PERSONA 5<3

just ignore me…I’m just hyping watching P5 trailer…

P5 Hype!

This looks SO GOOD. STYLE EVERYWHERE.

1 Like

I was the same way I loved 3 in large part because of the atmosphere it presented which felt more like a true shin mega game whereas 4 never really had that to be. Yeah there are murders which are bad but its hard to really take it seriously when you have Teddy delivering the “The is bad kuma!” lines. All that aside though once I finally cracked down and played 4 golden it was well worth playing. The story telling side only had a few flashes of feeling like a true Persona game to me but all in all it was still a fun experience and the story is worth playing through. Can’t reccomend enough though play Golden if you have the option over the original.

Told ya The Phantom wasn’t a villain, Rabla.

Am I the only one that thinks the new girl looks so much like Catherine?

I think she looks like Junko Enoshima from Danganronpa…that pink twintail…

Hahaha this parody really something

1 Like

Man that picture looks like fan art from a really really bad fan fic.

I played During the Test during my test today.

Of course, I made sure to look up all the answers online.

1 Like

That’s great! If only my college was cool enough to let us play music during tests :frowning:

Thinking about it I’ve never listened to When the Moon’s Reaching Out Stars when going to malls.

One day :grin:

Anzu doesn’t really look like Catherine at all.

Now, the MC looking like Vincent, that’s a fair observation.

Turns out P5 is literally a really bad fanfic.

1 Like

Given how popular the Persona series is, I really wanted to give it a try. But unfortunately, I don’t have the right consoles to play the games… All I own is a PC, a DSlite, a 3DS and a PSP. T_T

Play Persona 3 Portable on the PSP.

Can’t believe I missed out on that! I’ve been looking at Persona 4 since it had an anime series and I’ve some friends who played it, and it seemed more popular. Just wondering is the gameplay similar? Is the english version dubbed or do I get the option to get english subs but japanese voices? Also, are the games in the series in chronological order? Or would it be fine if I just started from any of the games? Thanks!