Overall Music Discussion - Discover new music!

I enjoy listening to mostly instrumental soundtracks too, I’ll share a few I particularly like. For me the melodies are very important and something that seems to speak directly to my emotions like this piece:

Then you have tracks that help me feel at ease and relaxed, like these:

And other tracks just make me feel more hyped up for whatever I’m doing:

Some tracks seem to stimulate my imagination and leave me with a sense of wonder:

I imagine this music must be boring to some but I can listen to it for a long time :yahaha:

There’s some OSTs from anime that I like a lot too, and naturally the tracks from Key VNs are very high up on the list as well. For me they have additional value in the sense that they make me feel whatever I was feeling when I was reading the VNs, and considering how special these are to me the music naturally is very important too. I won’t go too far into detail about Key music because there’s other topics for that.

I also listen to more mainstream music of course but I generally don’t really seek it out, so I’m more of an instrumental music kind of person I suppose.

3 Likes

Ok so I am a huge music fan. I was brought up by a music teacher so that probably played into that fact. I am quite into the more extreme types of music (punk, metal, etc.) although i don’t really have a favourite genre of music. I’ll listen to anything! My favourite band? Enter shikari. You all need to go listen to them right now. They are an interesting band. They mix hardcore punk, metal, and electronic music. The songs I would recommend by them are: zzzzonked, sorry you’re not a winner, Gandhi mate, Gandhi, anaesthetist, anything can happen in the next half hour and an ode to lost jigsaw pieces.

4 Likes

I think I remember there was one song by them that used to play on the radio a lot, but I can’t for the life of me think what it’s called.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have any idea either, as I only got into them last year

1 Like

Dumping some stuff here just in case anyone finds this enjoyable:

They’re all from different genres, by the way.

2 Likes

That is one of my favourite songs ever.

4 Likes

So right now it’s Kaza Anni-- Valentine’s Day, and for some reason or another it made me want to talk about serenades. But because I’ve been into classical music right now I want to talk about this certain style of chamber music that’s also called serenades. Funny enough, they aren’t really for wooing girls. :yahaha:

Starting with the most ubiquitous example: Eine frickin’ Kleine Nachtmusik. I’ve heard the first movement so often I probably don’t like it anymore lmao rip. But the second and fourth movement is just pure beauty. I love it. So I sometimes just skip the first movement lmao

Unfortunately, the only other serenade I’ve listen to in full is that of Edward Elgar. It’s a very pleasant listen, and I recommend actively listening to it, because the quieter second movement is lowkey wonderful. ;u;

If I get the time, I’d like to listen more to Tchaikovsky’s (he composed a whole lot more than just ballet suites), because that’s some gorgeous intro right there. Thinking of checking out Dvorak’s too, which is quite loved.

Do anyone have more serenade recommendations best for spending Singles Appreciation Day on? :))))))))))

2 Likes

A few years back my music teacher was basically shoving this piece down my throat, saying “Mike, go listen to this, you’ll love it.”
He wasn’t wrong.

3 Likes

I’ve been extremely addicted to these songs for the past couple of months, so I thought I’d share them here.

4 Likes

I absolutely love the electronic genre (yes, its a massive genre), especially ambient, techno, and idm.
Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada and Carbon Based Lifeforms are among my favourite artists.

2 Likes

I had no idea he was still going, I remember being awed by “Are Friends Electric” after he played it live for the first time on TV so many years ago when I was still young ( well fairly young…I was a teenager anyway )

4 Likes

“Cars” would be my favourite song by him. Can’t believe he is still around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw him in concert in Washington, DC in December. It was an electrifying (pun intended) performance. Favorite song has gotta be A Prayer for the Unborn—I’ve never heard so much raw emotion put into a song before.
@StarfishBender @Mikey

3 Likes

Here’s a kickass remix of Sonic Mania’s Egg Reverie by Jonny Atma.

1 Like

@StarfishBender @Mikey <-- these guys know what’s up, good taste my friends

2 Likes

Haha, thanks. I love 80’s music, especially synthwave.

Then you’re probably gonna love these. :smile:

I’m gonna share this little ditty I’ve been listening to lately. A really nice fusion of traditional japanese music and electronic dance beats.

2 Likes

I highly recommend listening to this at 1.25x.

sigh I wish this show hadn’t been cancelled.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Such nostalgic finally i found what the OST called.
I wonder what my guild member and friend from that game do nowadays.
welp… the SEAL Online will be always in my heart for MMORPG and then Ragnarok Online.