Osu! Topic

Ahh that’s one of the best Key maps! Probably because beats and rhythms like that song really lend themselves to easy good maps. Was really excited when that map came out because there was only a kinda bad map of it before. I wish there was a harder difficulty of it now!
Wow you have a lot of plays of it, it’s certainly a good map to practice on!

2 Likes

Hey folks. Been playing osu for quite a while, although I only started to take it kinda-sorta-not really seriously a few weeks ago. Name on osu is the same as it is here.

Exclusively play standard (casuals unite), got around to play 3.75ish star maps and have hit a wall in terms of improvement since.

I’d be down for some group plays in the future :kyogrin:

3 Likes

Oh yeah thats one of the better maps out there also dnb remixes woooo :P. As Bonecuss said it’s really well mapped and we like to play it altho we would appreciate a new, harder difficulty.
You certainly have played a lot if you are playing it for 2 months. I have around 10k total with osu!mania and osu combined and I joined like in 2013 or something.

But that map is really good for practicing, anyone needs help with practicing on harder maps that are around 4-5 stars and above dont hesitate to contact me :D.

@Bonecuss I wonder if someone would like to taste some of my “ika” maps :^)

1 Like

Once I start playing, it’s pretty hard to stop. I love learning all the rhythms even if I suck at actually playing them ingame. It’s a lot of fun.

2 Likes

This is my “graduation” song which is Little Busters! -ecstasy- on insane haha

Feels like that is a whole new step reaching a BPM that is much faster compared to all the speeds I’m used to and its irregular rhythms are good for practicing

1 Like

Well, call me if you guys ever have a mania playthrough. I absolutely suck at regular osu and I don’t want to drag you guys down with my lack of skill, ahaha

2 Likes

Oh osu!mania players exist?! I’d love to play with y’all but I don’t have internet Q.Q
How do you actually climb osu!mania ranks effectively?
My profile osu.ppy.sh/u/2237139 (Somewhat dead since no internet)

1 Like

Man I think @NotKyon would totally rek our asses in osu!mania, yet I don’t really experience being beaten in osu!mania so I want taste some of the hot blood in me. Lets have a run sometimes guys!

@Likeaneko Yeah man I mainly switched to osu!mania cuz regular osu! on 5 stars was being bored for me and the only thing that kept me going was Ar10 maps. And I think for some reason osu!mania requires more skill, maybe it’s just that I am used to using mouse as aiming cuz I used to play hard FPS games when I was little.
For ranking on osu!mania tho, I think you would have to try to get around 97%+ accuracy and start improving bit by bit. If you are skilled enough you can go for insane songs that are around like 4 stars or 3,5 stars and try to get at least B on it, then practice and grind an S on it. Thats how I got like 2k ranks in like 2 days. It was because I replayed some of the older songs that I couldnt play when I was a noobie and now its just easy so easy pp ^^.

2 Likes

My schedule is still a bit iffy, but there is a big chance of me joining. Oh and maybe, we could do both osu!standard and osu!mania alternately or something like that, just to get everyone in. (where’s the love for taiko or ctb lol) I’m pretty okay with any mode. (except taiko 'cuz i’m a skrub)
But I think what we should worry about is what beatmaps/difficulty is okay for everyone.

(oh and i’ll just leave my profile here if anyone wants to take a look: https://osu.ppy.sh/users/2915970)

1 Like

hey I know about some “non-scrub” guy on Kaza that is really into taiko and has some big skillz .
Oi @LinkThinks you have to kick our asses on taiko again one day!
Seriously if it is someone that I know and is seriously good at taiko its him.

And while we are on the topic of all the modes, please spare me of the cath_the_beat mode, I am literally shit at it, and @Bonecuss is always mocking me of how bad I am ;_;

2 Likes

@andrewcee
What star difficulty are you planning on for osu!standard maps this Friday?

Yes please~

i look at my plate.

what even are fruit? how to catch?

i look at my plate.

empty like my soul.

(Yo, I’m bad at Catch the Beat.)

1 Like

I did it! It only took 190 tries. I’ll try to clean it up later but for now I’m satisfied. :komue:

Look out Osu! players! I’m finally getting good! :kyogrin:

4 Likes

Congrats!! That’s a really impressive milestone for your rank/experience.
I like the look of your skin :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Started playing Taiko (and like Osu the game in general) again just a few days ago, still just being real casual about it. I hadn’t played in so long that I became unranked, actually.

Broke rank 2.5k yesterday by doing nothing because Osu decided to give me 1k ranks overnight. I don’t feel accomplished at all. I wanted to have to claw my way back there and earn that shit if I was ever gonna get it.

Haven’t touched any other game modes since I started again. Guess I’ll pick up standard maybe when I’m done with school if I start playing with people again. I’d be willing to play with y’all tomorrow.

I’d play Taiko with anybody who wants to. Or anybody who doesn’t want to.

pls im lonely play taiko with me

3 Likes

It depends really, it feels like we’re all on different skill levels (especially me, hehe) so what I want to do is starting at a decent range at around 3 stars and we’ll stabilize after that. We’ll take turns so everyone has a chance to show off their favorite maps :slight_smile:

@Madekuji_san Since summer is coming up, more friends may have their schedules freed up. We can play more often meaning, more alternating game types~

@SanjiSanada Good job haha. Sigh, I need to start practicing more.

3 Likes

Had a really good time everyone!
Got my ass beat quite a few times, maybe should play some more, I’d like my skill to match my rank again :stuck_out_tongue: (think i had an off day today anyways, 1v1 me m8s :^) )
Didn’t help that it started so late for me and went on until around 5AM though, could we shoot for an earlier time if we’re going to play for this long next time?

5 Likes

I showed up a bit late but it was fun nontheless! I hope we can all play again soon!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of refining a better schedule to where we can all participate since some didn’t make it.
Much apologizes @Madekuji_san

We all will slowly get the hang of our play times(and get to each others’ skill level), it’s a work in progress.

1 Like

Holy shit Cookiezi just got 800pp what the fuck

1 Like

So I do actually play Osu! …sometimes …rarely. Thing is, I’m probably still more of a beginner and don’t really feel an urge to better myself. Part of the problem is that I usually play rhythm games more for listening to nice music while doing something to the rhythm and less to actually get good. And searching for new songs is kinda a pain as well, because usually I’m searching for something I know and more often than not I’m then disappointed because A a beatmap doesn’t exist or B a beatmap exists for a gamemode I don’t play on.

However, with multiplayer the whole problem of searching songs disappears most of the time. So long story short, I’m more than willing to play multiplayer with any of you guys, just don’t expect any top notch talented play of me.

So, my account: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5347808

2 Likes