Nintendo Switch

Considering Nintendo might bother to make online functionality good, I will be playing this thing a lot.

Hit me up @ my name. Already set that up.

1 Like

Pretty hyped, even though the only game I’ll actually properly play at launch is Snipperclips, and then there’s like nothing announced that I’m too interested in until Mario.
Playing Mario Kart with everyone at work will be really good though.

The most important question about the switch is:
W H E N ’ S
M O N S T E R
H U N T E R

My name on the switch is the same as my forum name. Not sure when I’m getting the system, tho. :confused:

Not gonna get the switch at launch quite yet as I have a lot on my plate right now but… I’m definitely getting it :smiley: Probably later this year. Definitely hyped for Breath of the Wild.

1 Like

I’m not sure if I’m going to able to pick one up at launch, but damn if I’m not going to try. Preorders have been closed pretty much since they opened, so going to a midnight release and getting lucky is the only way I’ll be able to get one.

I didn’t know you could reserve User ID’s until just now. I’m ‘arete_’

We didn’t preorder it early enough, so we already know that it’ll be sold out on launch, but we will most likely get it together with BoTW once the second batch of both gets send to the stores.

I have the same sentiment as Pepe right now except I’m going to wait to see how Breath of the Wild plays out before buying it. I’m excited for it within reason but there is so much to do.

Thinking about it, at this point it’ll probably pay off to wait to get the Switch just to make sure that there isn’t a hardware restriction that causes many units to fail over time or that they don’t make a better model that may last longer or even have slightly better JoyCons.

Just got my Switch! TIL that friend codes are still a thing, so you can find mine in the OP ^^;

1 Like

I thought they were getting rid of friend codes!?!?

Unfortunately I don’t have enough money for a switch :c

I worked last night so I couldn’t wait in line until 11, but one of my friends was willing to wait for me (for $20) and I was able to nab one!

Spring break begins today, but I’m probably going to be laying low until I finish Breath of the Wild.

I’d like to revive this thread, since it seems that it’s been silent since the system came out 2 months ago today; I guess everyone is still playing Breath of the Wild!

Since time has now passed and more games have come out, I think it would be cool all of us who have Switches could become friends and maybe play games online together (I was originally gonna place this in the gaming discussion, but since not everyone has a Switch at the moment it might fit better here).

With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, we could even set up our own tournaments that we have every once in a while.

Anyways, this is my friend code: SW-5007-4503-4915, I hope others can add their code too!

Happy gaming!

1 Like

Some of you all may have heard about this, but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has apparently had the best launch of any Mario Kart, despite it essentially being the equivalent to a “GOTY edition” or what have you.

It’s hard to imagine the Switch won’t do better than the Wii U financially at this point.

My friend code is: SW-7487-8601-8500

I dunno about anybody else, but I’m always up to play Puyo Puyo Tetris or ARMS. My friend code can be found on the Gaming Accounts thread.

I’ll just wait another year for a switch plus or equivalent improved version to buy it. I kinda want to play mario kart tho.

So Splatoon 2 is out! Are any of my Kazamatsisters picking it up and looking for someone to play with?

If so, please be sure to add your friend code here and we can start organising some games!

Ah yes, one of those came out for the Wii. And the Wii U. And the Gamecube.

Truly, an intelligent move.

That’s very selective. The DS and 3DS have had new versions, and a new version did come out for the Wii.

The Wii U likely didn’t get re-releases because the original console wasn’t selling. The same could be said for the Gamecube, but I think it’s unlikely they re-released the Gamecube even if it did sell well.

The first version of a console that comes out almost always has a much higher failure rate than newer iterations and models. If you don’t plan to play the newest games right away or just prefer to wait until there are multiple games you are interested in then you might as well wait and see how the first model fares and if there are reviews about parts/upgrades.

I remember checking which model number I was getting for the 360 (RRoD problems) because it was a big deal then, and with Nintendo products that’s very important if you buy a lot of digital products too. It’s all about choice but it’s nice to let others be the guinea pigs for you too. :slight_smile:

Will be getting my Switch soon, so hyped right now! Got so many games on my mind that i wanna play.
P.s. Just sharing the emotions i’ve got right now :smiley:

2 Likes