Nintendo Switch

This forum topic is for everything Switch-related: discussing the system, discussing the games, and even organising games to play together! Please make sure you tag spoilers with [spoiler] and keep the code of conduct in mind when posting. Have fun!

Exchange Friend Codes Here!

So with the Switch out in a weekā€™s time and my hype as a Nintendo nerd reaching critical levels, I couldnā€™t resist creating a forum topic for the console! I guess Iā€™ll get the ball rolling by asking: will you be picking one up for launch? If so, what games or accessories have you purchased with it?

Iā€™ve already got mine completely paid off with a copy of Breath of the Wild, a Pro Controller and a carry case. I also picked up a USB-C cable for portable charging and a 200gb Micro SD to expand the systemā€™s storage. Gotta have those games downloaded onto the console!

I also just learned today that Snipperclips will be releasing at launch! (In Japan at least) This is funnily enough one of the games Iā€™m most excited for on the console, so seeing it make the launch deadline is awesome news!

Iā€™ve already reserved Aspirety as my username for the Switch, so donā€™t be afraid to add me! If you guys have also reserved a username and wanted listed in the OP, let me know!

The handheld/console hybrid feature is really neat and Iā€™m pleased to hear that there will be actual third party support for this console. I skipped the Wii U since nothing on it really interested me (aside from GBA virtual console, which wasnā€™t enough of a reason to buy an entire console), so hopefully it will be a different story with the Switch. I hope for some good JRPGs. Some visual novels wouldnā€™t hurt either.

Sad to hear that Virtual Console wonā€™t be available for Switch on launch, but hopefully it wonā€™t be too long before itā€™s available.

Yeah itā€™s a shame, but like you said, I doubt itā€™ll be long before itā€™s made available.

It really is surprising just how many RPG games have been announced for the system! Disgaea 5 Complete, Dragon Quest X and XI, Skyrim, I am Setsuna, Project Octopath Traveler, Shin Megami Tensei, Tales and Xenoblade Chronicles 2! This really seems to be a console for RPG fans right out the gate.

Considering Nintendo might bother to make online functionality good, I will be playing this thing a lot.

Hit me up @ my name. Already set that up.

1 Like

Pretty hyped, even though the only game Iā€™ll actually properly play at launch is Snipperclips, and then thereā€™s like nothing announced that Iā€™m too interested in until Mario.
Playing Mario Kart with everyone at work will be really good though.

The most important question about the switch is:
W H E N ā€™ S
M O N S T E R
H U N T E R

My name on the switch is the same as my forum name. Not sure when Iā€™m getting the system, tho. :confused:

Not gonna get the switch at launch quite yet as I have a lot on my plate right now butā€¦ Iā€™m definitely getting it :smiley: Probably later this year. Definitely hyped for Breath of the Wild.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m going to able to pick one up at launch, but damn if Iā€™m not going to try. Preorders have been closed pretty much since they opened, so going to a midnight release and getting lucky is the only way Iā€™ll be able to get one.

I didnā€™t know you could reserve User IDā€™s until just now. Iā€™m ā€˜arete_ā€™

We didnā€™t preorder it early enough, so we already know that itā€™ll be sold out on launch, but we will most likely get it together with BoTW once the second batch of both gets send to the stores.

I have the same sentiment as Pepe right now except Iā€™m going to wait to see how Breath of the Wild plays out before buying it. Iā€™m excited for it within reason but there is so much to do.

Thinking about it, at this point itā€™ll probably pay off to wait to get the Switch just to make sure that there isnā€™t a hardware restriction that causes many units to fail over time or that they donā€™t make a better model that may last longer or even have slightly better JoyCons.

Just got my Switch! TIL that friend codes are still a thing, so you can find mine in the OP ^^;

1 Like

I thought they were getting rid of friend codes!?!?

Unfortunately I donā€™t have enough money for a switch :c

I worked last night so I couldnā€™t wait in line until 11, but one of my friends was willing to wait for me (for $20) and I was able to nab one!

Spring break begins today, but Iā€™m probably going to be laying low until I finish Breath of the Wild.

Iā€™d like to revive this thread, since it seems that itā€™s been silent since the system came out 2 months ago today; I guess everyone is still playing Breath of the Wild!

Since time has now passed and more games have come out, I think it would be cool all of us who have Switches could become friends and maybe play games online together (I was originally gonna place this in the gaming discussion, but since not everyone has a Switch at the moment it might fit better here).

With Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, we could even set up our own tournaments that we have every once in a while.

Anyways, this is my friend code: SW-5007-4503-4915, I hope others can add their code too!

Happy gaming!

1 Like

Some of you all may have heard about this, but Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has apparently had the best launch of any Mario Kart, despite it essentially being the equivalent to a ā€œGOTY editionā€ or what have you.

Itā€™s hard to imagine the Switch wonā€™t do better than the Wii U financially at this point.

My friend code is: SW-7487-8601-8500

I dunno about anybody else, but Iā€™m always up to play Puyo Puyo Tetris or ARMS. My friend code can be found on the Gaming Accounts thread.

Iā€™ll just wait another year for a switch plus or equivalent improved version to buy it. I kinda want to play mario kart tho.

So Splatoon 2 is out! Are any of my Kazamatsisters picking it up and looking for someone to play with?

If so, please be sure to add your friend code here and we can start organising some games!