News from the ANIPLEXKey Livestream!

In today's live event, a bunch of news pertaining to Angel Beats! 1st Beat was announced! We were treated to a new trailer of the VN, featuring a bunch of new CGs we haven't seen before! Later they went on to explain a bunch of new details about the game. It will feature a new OP sung by Lia titled "Heartily Song!", and the entire cast of the anime series will be returning. We've also finally been given a release date! Angel Beats! -1st Beat- is scheduled to launch on the 29th of May 2015, Pre-orders beginning on the 30th of January for ÂĄ7,500. The official website has been updated with the new details and CGs here: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/angelbeats/

But that's not all! A bunch of other news was announced during the event as well, including a new Girls Dead Monster single titled Million Star! The single itself will be packaged along with the First Beat pre-orders as a bonus. On top of that, a continuation of the KSL Live World concerts was announced for 11th and 12th of April 2015 with KSL Live World: Way to the Angel Beats! -1st-. As the title indicates, it will be focusing on Angel Beats! this time. Also, an Angel Beats! Blu-Ray Box featuring a new OVA episode titled 'Hell's Kitchen' was announced for release on the 24th of June.

But now, for the news everyone has been speculating about: the 'New Project' by Key and ANIPLEX has been unveiled! It is an original animation project by P.A. Works with a scenario by Jun Maeda and characters by Na-Ga titled Charlotte, and it is scheduled to broadcast in 2015! A website for the series has been published here: http://charlotte-anime.jp/

Let's all take a long breath to digest all that information, and let us know what you think of it all in the discussion below!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/news-from-the-aniplexxkey-livestream/
2 Likes

I’m a little disappointed that they decided to go with P.A. Works again, because that studio doesn’t deserve my money. But still, this is incredible! This is my first time witnessing Key announce a new project. Can’t wait for an actual airing date!

And speaking of release dates, they finally pulled through with the Angel Beats! VN! Its not “Spring 2015”, no its May 29! We now have six months to figure out how we’re gonna get our hands on this (@Pepe, can you buy several dozen copies?).

Well there goes my hopes of a rewrite adaption, can’t wait for this new title though.

Also Hype for a solid Angel Beats release date, can’t wait, I just hope there isn’t another delay. I wonder if there is any hope of this new OVA getting dubbed?

1 Like

Well seeing that both Angel Beats and the Stairway to Heaven OVA got a dub, I think the new OVA might get a dub too.

Hell yeah!! Watched the whole event and couldn’t be more excited! Damn HYPE now!!! 2015 will be another great Key year!!

Yeah I can probably get a few dozen copies :stuck_out_tongue: Can’t guarantee if I can get the limited edition one though! (I honestly have no idea how sales of that works)

Whoa! So much information!
Now I’m starting to get excited!

Since First Beat is like the only one I am actually really interested in for now. I’ll be on the look out on my sites for when pre-orders launch

Wow this is a lot of new stuff in one go… I’m surprised on the information we got for the Angel Beats visual novel I was expecting a lot less. As for the new project “Charlotte” we got no info as to what’s about (from what I can tell) so I’ll just say I like her design XD

It’s about video cameras and meteors and electricity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

It’s the stars isn’t it? I guess I’m not the only sucker for cute girls and stars. Thx alot Hoshizora no Memoria.

Wow… HYPE much!!! But anyways, looks like a good amount of people’s predictions were right that the new project had no relevancy to Angel Beats! Also, the visual novel gets released in May, but i’ll only be done learning Japanese in most like 2016 :’(

Judging solely by the character design and so many stars, I think I might like this one. Hopefully this time they can manage the number of episodes right. Angel Beats! was pretty rushed after episode 10, so I hope they don’t do such executive meddling anymore.

AB! Production was like: “Hey Maeda we’re gonna make 2-cour anime so prepare your longass tearjerking stuffs to people.” and suddenly “Nah, we’re cutting it to 1 cour. The rest of your story can go into dump.”
But at least now we have release date for AB!VN. Please Key, don’t stall it anymore.

Charlotte-chan isn’t cute at all, dropped.

New KSLA? Detach the caboose from the AB hype train, that should have its own hype train!

Based Yui.

Also that Charlotte trailer was crazy @-@ Sfars? Key? They’re trying to ripoff Hoshimemo now (or improve? Lmao)

1 Like

Well, Key already made Planetarian so it’s not exactly new for them.

Yes, but Planetarian is not a slice of life story with high schooler trying to sort the problems their parents forced on to them and coming to some resolution about their real/imagined crisis.

More so planetarian didn’t have a real girl to begin with shots fired

Who said anything about Charlotte being a real girl, though? :wink: