New Charlotte Information Unveiled!

Heaps of information regarding Key's new anime project, Charlotte, has surfaced. This information astronomically expands upon our understanding of this new universe in comparison to the info we've recieved so far. It is said to be found in the March issue of Dengeki G's magazine, set to release on the 30th of this month, including but not limited to an interview with Jun Maeda. Get ready, you're in for a wild ride with this news.

First off, I want to give thanks to member Zak89 for bringing the news to our attention and Pepe for helping to translate all this information to the best of our ability. Let's all take a look!

The information focuses heavily on our 4 main characters, all members of the student council- Oh, and their powers.

Yes, powers!

Information on their specific abilities is provided in the form of 'files' in the magazine.

File 1: Yu Otosaka.

Yu, the not so intellegent individual who passes his courses through unknown means, is now understood to possess the ability to 'hijack' other people for up to 5 seconds. Yu uses this ability to view honors students during their exams to memorize and steal the answers. He is described as being Key's rudest protagonist at the beginning of the story.

File 2: Nao Tomori.

Nao was first understood to be a hard worker, a bit of a narcissist and the president of the student council. It is now also known that she has the ability to remove herself from a single person's field of vision- Not to be confused with invisibility. Nao is a fan of one of the anime's bands, "ZHIEND", and uses the handycam for student council activities which we'll touch on later.

File 3: Joujirou Takajou.

A large fan of Yusa and possessing an attitude similar to that of Takamatsu from Angel Beats!, Takajou has access to high speed movement. This movement is so rapid it appears to be teleportation, however it is not to be confused with actual teleportation. Not being in full control of this ability and not being able to stop where he intends to, Takajou wears protective gear underneath his uniform to prevent injury.

File 4: Yusa Nishimori.

Vocalist of the band "How-Low-Hello" and a teen idol of sorts, Yusa is understood to be a medium- Seemingly capable or channeling and/or conversing with the dead. The catch here is that she uncontrollably channels her deceased elder sister. When this occurs her appearance changes, as seen in the above image, with her eye color changing from blue to red.

More infomation about the universe in the interview with Meada describes that children in this world have a small chance of gaining abilities during puberty. Our main characters all attend "Hoshi No Umi" Academy, a special school that accepts those with these abiliies, and make up the student council. As the members of this council, the four come together to assist people with the inevitable problems that arise when they gain their abilities. Being that the abilities they hold are imperfect, this is not a battle show. No flashy fight scenes.

The two bands, "ZHIEND" and "How-Low-Hello", are discussed in the interview as well.

ZHIEND is roughly detailed as a foreign post-rock band fronted by a singer named 'Sarah'. This band's lyrics will be entirely in English and written by Maeda, however the music is not composed by him. How-Low-Hello's frontwoman is the character Yusa and the band's songs are both written and composed by Maeda.

Lastly, as a treat to all Key fans, it has been confirmed that Charlotte will indeed see the inclusion of yet another new Saito character voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa. Whether he'll be masked or a fisherman is unknown at this time. Please understand.

Do please feel free to hop onto our forum and discuss this motherload of information with us right here!

Look forward to more news about the Charlotte anime here on Kazamatsuri.org as it becomes available, as well as discussions about the anime when it airs on our forum!

Original source: http://yusaani.com/news/2015/01/28/73428/ (site may contain NSFW content)

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://kazamatsuri.org/new-charlotte-information-unveiled/
9 Likes

Mind blowing!

Each main character has unique supernatural ability. Wow, think of Rewrite instantly!
And the new character shown on the source kinda looks like Saya.
And there will be a ‘Saitou’ in Charlotte too as same as other Key works!
More info and Jun Maeda’s 2nd part of interview will be revealed in incoming G’s Magazine in 2 days!

1 Like

Really? o.o

sees picture
thinks twins
HYPE
mfw powers

Also, does Nao’s power remind you guys of a certain character?

1 Like

Man, you really live up to your title.

Anyways, things are turning out pretty interesting. Curious to get more information about all this.

Saya and Kud, totally love Na-Ga’s design on both girls.

Really looking forward to VA announcments so we can know who will be doing the singing on these girls. Rita returning for another voiced role maybe? Probably shouldn’t get my hopes too up on that one.

1 Like

I feel like I won’t be able to get away with cosplaying Nao ;~;

Now that got me interested. And I am totally not talking about Yusa looking similiar to Saya (totally lieing here). 2 singing characters reminds me of Angel Beats and I hope, what annoyed me most about Angel Beats wont be done in this one too.

omg, this really sounds amusing!!!.. so they introduced an esperlike abilities to the characters? i can’t wait to hear more about it!!!

“Yusa is understood to be a medium- Seemingly capable or channeling” Does this mean her power isn’t real?

Pardon my incompetence, but what other Saitou characters are there in KEY works? The only one I’m familiar with is Saitou the Mask from Little Busters!

I know there was Jet Saito in CLANNAD.

1 Like

The third guy’s name is “たかじょう じょうじろう”, so his name is Takajou Joujirou if I’m right.

2 Likes

She’s supposed to be capable of channeling, but alas she can only channel a single person… so she’s not very capable :stuck_out_tongue:

Bush Saito - Kanon
Jet Saito - Clannad
Fish Saito - Angel Beats!
Saito the Hopper - Tomoyo After
Mask the Saito - Little Busters!

We’re not sure if one is in Rewrite since Maeda wasn’t involved, and I can’t remember what the one in Air was called.

Sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to hearing more about this series.

In other words, getting possessed?

So, you’re saying the only person she can talk to/channel is her sister?

Just heard about this. Thought I’d chime in.

[quote=“Bizkitdoh, post:1, topic:838”]
The information focuses heavily on our 4 main characters, all members of the student council- Oh, and their powers.

Yes, powers!
[/quote]So it’s anime X-Men, huh? This sounds even more fantastical than Angel Beats! ever was. Not that that’s a bad thing.

He is described as being Key’s rudest protagonist at the beginning of the story.
[/quote]Considering all of Key’s best protagonists were snarkers, this doesn’t surprise me.

More infomation about the universe in the interview with Meada describes that children in this world have a small chance of gaining abilities during puberty.
[/quote]They’re mutants.

Our main characters all attend “Hoshi No Umi” Academy, a special school that accepts those with these abiliies, and make up the student council.
[/quote]Professor Xavier’s Academy for Gifted Youngsters.

The two bands, “ZHIEND” and “How-Low-Hello”, are discussed in the interview as well.
[/quote]TWO bands? As if one wasn’t enough…

[quote=“JimRaynor_2001, post:2, topic:838”]
More info and Jun Maeda’s 2nd part of interview will be revealed in incoming G’s Magazine in 2 days!
[/quote]It’s good to find new information on these things. I look forward to the new information this weekend. :3

1 Like

Well, it’s what it appears to be~ From what we understand, she’s said to be a medium, however she unwillingly channels her deceased sibling. Wouldn’t look into to hard, it’s just what we’re told. :stuck_out_tongue: The extent of her spiritualistic abilities are unknown, really, unlike Yu who we know can do a specific thing for a specific period of time.

I think those with powers are called 能力者モノ (Nouryokusha mono) roughly translate as… power bearer? or ability bearer. I have no idea why they write the “mono” in katakana.

The File 3 guy is either Takagi Takeshirou, Takashiro Takeshirou, Takajou Takeshirou, Takajou Joushirou, Taki Joujirou… There are tons of kanji reading, but I think Takashiro Takeshirou sounds more interesting. Redundancy yeah!

Also, Yusa’s sister’s name seems to be 美沙 (Misa).
And I have a feeling that ZHIEND is a very bad spelling of “The End”

1 Like

When can we get a game where all the routes are the various Saitos.

We can play as a girl called Saiko