Mutsumi Suginami Appreciation Topic

I just want the romance to be the biggest driving force more than anything, and I think adding in other events would drive the story away from that. Because, really, Little Busters totally lacks romance (at least compared to other Key VNs)
Granted I am a bit biased, but I can’t help it

I think Kanon gets what I’m going for, he pretty much summed up my thought process.

Theeen, I think that’s a terrible idea x.x But do what you wish~

We need Aspirety’s next chunk of ideas in order to move on

Ooh, pressure’s on! I’m off to the drawing board, time to win everyone back.

Since the thread kinda got taken over by the fan route project, I decided to give it it’s own thread after all.

Now we can get back to using this thread to appreciate Suginami :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I bring you scans from the Refrain BD Vol. 1 booklet.

3 Likes

Speaking of Suginami, I’m not sure if the sprite is a lost cause yet. I can’t find the psd save of it anywhere (it probably died during the rage of RLDev’s refusal to do anything) so I’m working with the g00 files I had saved. It’s incredibly awkward to work on a what is essentially a single layer >A<

Also, eye colors! Different art for Suginami give her different eye colors… some are orangey, while others are a desaturated greeny yellow. @.@

Oh, and hair is still annoying me >.>

2 Likes

You need to split it more, the fringe is just a block right now.

Wai wai~

There will be a few final touches (fringe, eyebrows, expressions etc) and then it’ll go into Little Busters!

5 Likes

I’d say the left side of her hair(her right) needs to be pushed in a little bit. Also the happy expression need to be removed.

Ah yep I agree with @Kanon here after he mentioned the first point I noticed it too.

Okay guys, I’m like… 5 or 6 hours work away from totally completing these sprites, but first I want some opinions on Suginami.

What was your favorite scene that included Suginami? Riki’s confrontation? Yuiko the door killer? The Rin-route confession? Or one of her other short appearances?

The one where Riki tells her ‘no’.
Be sure to make a ‘heartbroken’ face for that!

Yup, definitely rin route confession

Yes, that scene.
Riki and Rin hooked up one day after Suginami’s confession. And shortly after, they went around spreading the good news, so everyone in school knew they were going out. Let’s be honest: That’s a terrible way of learning the guy’s ‘answer’ after he asked for more time to think about it. So poor Mutsumi practically spent an entire day surrounded by people talking about how her love interest is being lovey-dovey with another girl before being confronted by those two in person. And she had to listen to Riki spelling out what she already knew.
And guess what? She did not make a scene even though she was, by all means, entitled to after the way she was treated. But she remained calm and she said it’s ok. “So, if it’s thanks to me that you two realized it… It’s a good thing, I guess.”
I respect Suginami a lot for reacting that way.

[quote=“Pepe, post:108, topic:276”]
rin route confession[/quote]

That’s a good scene, too. Riki walked in thinking Suginami’s love letter was genuine and he was relieved upon hearing it wasn’t. But when he turned around, Suginami gathered all her courage and shouted out “What it said… it’s true!”
That exact moment is excellent picture material.

1 Like

That’s the kind of stuff that makes best girls happen. I wonder if that was the natural Suginami behavior or some manipulation.

I wonder if Suginami was even in that world to begin with

I doubt it, unless they pull an EX and introduce a new plot hole. Still I assume everybody outside of the Little Busters are based on their personality in the real world.

Which begs the question, IF suginami was not in that world, why did Kyousuke use her, of all people, to confess to Riki. If the reason is because she had unrequited feelings for Riki in the real world, how did Kyousuke know about it?

Then again Kyousuke knows about a lot of things so he may have his ways after all