Mutsumi Suginami Appreciation Topic

Which begs the question, IF suginami was not in that world, why did Kyousuke use her, of all people, to confess to Riki. If the reason is because she had unrequited feelings for Riki in the real world, how did Kyousuke know about it?

Then again Kyousuke knows about a lot of things so he may have his ways after all

It’s completely understandable to Kyousuke to just observe Suginami interacting with Riki and immediately ‘get it’. That kind of thing happens in the real world all the time.

3 Likes

Kyousuke would be the first to know :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, if such feelings did exist, Kyousuke would know, it’s Kyousuke after all.
And if they didn’t and Kyousuke just wanted to create a scene for Riki to deal with, well then he probably just picked a random cute girl, since Suginami is fairly petite, and Kyousuke is (21), that could have influenced his choice,

2 Likes

I’ve been told I’ve seen everything. So I will discuss this character as I see fit.

Mutsumi Suginami is an interesting character in that she has a clear crush on Riki, but she has little-to-no self-esteem to pursue that lofty goal. She also knows she has almost no chance with Riki, since he has a closer attachment to the Little Busters than to her.

But what if she did get a chance? What if she was able to figure out the secrets of the world and use it to her advantage? What if Riki was able to get her the courage she needed to express her feelings?

[quote=“Aspirety, post:20, topic:276”]
Suginami fan route.
[/quote]We need this. I am willing to help with this. I will start as soon as possible.

1 Like

I actually planned out a little thing for valentines, but I ended up playing LoL instead of writing it up…
The basic premise was that (refrain spoilers) instead of sticking around to hear Rin’s confession, Riki chased after Mutsu. After she had the courage to confess, he couldn’t just run away like always. He wanted to stop relying on the Little Busters so much.
To quote the scene:
I’ve always been running away from my problems. Relying on the Little Busters.
I want to be brave!
So…
“Let’s get to know each other! Suginami-san!”

Riki worries about what the others will think, and eventually brings it up with Kyousuke. Everyone acts welcoming and the new couple start to spend some time learning about each other at lunch time. After a couple days of doing this Mutsu stops showing up. Riki asks her about it, but only gets vague responses from her. It leads to Riki saying “You’re not acting like yourself!” to which Mutsu responds “How do I act?” True, they don’t know each other very well yet, but you can still see when someone is acting differently. Despite this little conflict, things go back to normal.
Riki starts to notice a problem. The more time he spends with Mutsu, the less he spends with the Little Busters. Why not try and bring them together? So he plans a field trip to repeat the summer excursion of old. Of the members Riki can find, none of them accept the proposal, so Riki and Mutsu go alone.
Grandfather Natsume isn’t there though. There’s only a few people around. Riki gives up and starts to accept that he can’t plan events out like Kyousuke can.
When they get back to school not many people are around. Riki goes to ask Kyousuke, who is too lost in his manga to respond seriously. Riki finds Masato and asks him about it. Masato claims that his muscles are too tired to think, and asks Riki to go get a drink. Riki pesters him some more, so Masato says “sometimes your muscles run out of energy.”
Riki gives up, more confused than before he asked. Instead he just spends more time with Mutsu.
Conveniently timed narcolepsy.
Riki awakens, but he doesn’t see the world. Everything remains dark.
“Thank you… for liking me. Even if I wasn’t me, you made me happy.”
Commence unsatisfying ended and then tell people to donate for a “true end.”

That was the basic storyboard~ I’m probably forgetting some details… The text document I was planning on is in some obscure folder probably~

2 Likes

(Refrain Spoilers) When is this supposed to happen? Like on a weekend or something? Because it can’t happen at the same time as Rin for obvious reasons; and it can’t happen over summer break because the accident happened before then. I don’t know, it just seems kinda… I guess I mimicking Rin’s farmhouse scene just isn’t what I would do. Everything else is great though! Especially if the ending lines up with and expands on the accident and the repeating.

I hate you so much right now :stuck_out_tongue:

Dates don’t show up in heroine routes. Thinking about that stuff isn’t really a priority. This is a tiny scene used to progress the plot. If it doesn’t seem to fit, then you can pace up the early story. If it feels too soon you can pad out the early story.
A brief timeline is all you need in the planning process. The rest is generally figured out as you progress. A writer should be influenced on the spot and not stuck to a timescale.

I learned my whaling tactics from Ubisoft! If we consider VNs a form of video game, then adding micro-transactions or DLC is standard practice!

“You have run out of choices! Buy more now!”

1 Like

Indeed I agree. But you also have to be careful of continuity errors, is all I was saying. Especially when (Refrain)the nature of the story necessitates conforming to a specific amount of time.

Seems like everyone is eager to make their own Suginami fan-route, lol. I still have plans to write it when I have some time. Got lots of ideas floating around.

New Kaza event, Suginami Route write-a-thon, everyone writes a Suginami route in their own interpretation of her!

5 Likes

Welp.

So in the absence of any other Suginami route makers, I began making my own.
Here’s a sneak peak!

4 Likes

the hypest announcement on kaza

OH SNAP IS THAT A SUGINAMI DOUJIN?

2 Likes

No, a bunch of artists are making a LB! doujin anthology, and that person is doing something with those characters.

Yes exactly!

I’m a little curious Suginami isn’t that big or relevant character and yeah there is this topic so why. I hope that it is not just for her “cute design” .

:aspi: Aspi’s a mad memer, and his memery went too far. :aspi: